Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta go with Torri Higginson. Her face his so expressive - she can portray so much just though her face and her eyes. I'm a sucker for anyone who's good at that!
    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Yarr, how could I have forgotten:
      DEAN STOCKWELL!
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Babylon 5
        Peter Jurasik = Londo Mollari
        Andreas Katsulas = G'Kar (especially challenging with the prosthetics)
        Claudia Christian = Susan Ivanova

StarGate
        Amanda Tapping = Samantha Carter
        Michael Shanks = Daniel Jackson

StarTrek
        Patrick Stewart = Jean Luc Picard
        http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
        http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

This may be old news as far as the shows go, but Michael Dorn as Worf was pretty darn good. Even under all that klingon make-up his acting came through as far as "making" the characater. He, Worf, was put in situations that called for a lot of emotion: from losing his wife, (and gaining an unknown son), to his father's dishonor, and even when he bailed on a missionn while at DS9 because he put the life of his wife, as a higher priority. Maybe I only connect because I think I would have made similar choices, but there your have it.

Much the same could be said of Andreas Katsulas, but I mostly appreciated the way his character grew as the storylline continued. He will be missed.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Ben Browder as John Crichton, best acting in any sci-fi show.

Comment

Apart from Stargate:

Originally posted by DigiFluid
              Yarr, how could I have forgotten:
              DEAN STOCKWELL!
              Agreed...also Scott Bakula - some absolutely terrific moments
              ( both from Quantum Leap, that is )
              It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Ben Browder and Claudia Black
                They are magnificent, especially in Farscape and there Season 3 ( ).
                Under no circumstances before I felt so connected with TV characters while watching what was done to them.
                Both are able to show such a bandwidth of emotions, its incredible.

I watched and am watching a lot SciFi both films and series, and I like many of them and have my favourite characters, but there was much more distance, while Ben Browder and Claudia Black have the abiltiy to cross this distance with their emotive acting
                That's all folks.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz!
                  Apart from Stargate:

Agreed...also Scott Bakula - some absolutely terrific moments
                  ( both from Quantum Leap, that is )
                  I loved the two of them--and the dynamic they had--in Quantum Leap.

And seeing Dean Stockwell again in Battlestar Galactica was just a joy. If I could nominate that man twice for this discussion, I would.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Hard to say, BB and CB in Farscape were awesome, Michael Shanks in Stargate, and who can forget the newest Doctors Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant.

In terms of fantasy (off topic but meh)
                    James Marsters in Buffy, Alexis Denisof and David Boreanaz in Angel, and Jason Priestly in Tru Calling (S2, especially "The Last Good Day")
                    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                      Babylon 5
                      Peter Jurasik = Londo Mollari
                      Andreas Katsulas = G'Kar (especially challenging with the prosthetics)
                      Claudia Christian = Susan Ivanova

StarGate
                      Amanda Tapping = Samantha Carter
                      Michael Shanks = Daniel Jackson

StarTrek
                      Patrick Stewart = Jean Luc Picard
                      I'd agree with these. Sometimes Shanks goes a bit OTT, but overall he does a nice job. I think AT does a great job conveying a lot with just a look.
                      For OTT, I think Avery Brooks on DS9 sometimes had that problem.

Comment

Dean Stockwell!
                        sigpic
                        Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Well i have no comment on any show like Star trek or anything, but i'll just say that SMG in Buffy where her mother died was the best.
                          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I'd also go with Browder as John Crichton in Farscape. As the show progressed he managed to change John so much with just the little nuances of his speach and the way he would carry himself. Season one John was optomistic and happy, season 4 John was haunted, tired and frustrated and that all came across without them having to do things like have him say "gee I'm so frustrated Aeryn".

I really wish they'd give Browder some more heavy material on Stargate, like there used to be in the early seasons. He can handle it and it would make the show better.

Tricia Helfer in BSG is another one I'd nominate for good emotion acting. She can turn from seductive to menacing in the space of a word or a simple tone shift in her voice.

Comment

Ooh this is tough,

Ben Browder shows such passion and energy in his performances, David Hewitt is just great and converys so much with his style, of course Patrick Stewart and Michael Shanks are right up there too!

For the women I have to say Nana Visitor really did it for me when she played Kira in the alternate universal. Amanda Tapping is right up there and so is Torri.
                              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Like his character said, "there's brilliant, and then there's me". Of course, I'm talking about David Hewlett. I can relate to him so well that I even started doing the "lop-sided-lips" thing of his!

The 1 moment where I KNEW that he was the best was in Hot Zone, where
                                Spoiler:
                                we saw that he would be the next one to die. Of course, with any other main character it'll just be "oh, he'll be fine". With McKay though, I actually had a jolt of utter fear that he may really die. And then there's the scene where he says his last words, which could've been super-cliche, but he did it SO. DAMN. WELL.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. David Hewlette is the greatest actor in Stargate history.

Comment

Working...
                                X