This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whhooosh!

(That's a web site where lesbians appreciate Xena ).

I always liked Xena, but that could be because I'm a guy with a girl's name and she was a girl with a guy's role.......

Hercules seemed pointless to me. Hercules is supposd to be huge and muscular....... Xena could kick his butt ....

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      i think what hurt xena was changing gabrielle. lucy lawless (and xena) got pregnant, so they decided to bump up gabrielle into fighterchick mode. *this* is what i think hurt the show. i liked the quieter and more serene gabby. it stayed in the theme of the show. BUT, at the same time, there was a poetic beauty and symmetry to xena handing over the reigns to gabrielle.

that was the whole real story to this show. when the show started, xena was at the end of her rope. she was ready to commit suicide. gabrielle met her and was instantly charmed (not sexually). xena was the woman gabby wanted to be. strong, independant (and wasn't being forced to marry a man she didn't love or want).... but i also think gabrielle was the person xena wanted to be too. innocent to the real ugliness of the world, and a peaceful soul. together, they equaled out the other. so it makes sense that the show would end the way it did (even though i HATED the way it ended).

but back to what i was originally saying, i think changing gabby (i'm only using this nickname because it's easier to type ) hurt the show. or maybe it's the *way* they changed her. or how *much* they changed her?.... whatever it was, i didn't like gabby as much as before.

but dang, in it's prime, it was a *great* show.

sally
      I think it just lost it's way when it stopped being about ancient greek myths/gods and branched off into all manner of other unrelated and often stupid weirdness.

The ancient greek thing was essential to the atmosphere and spirit of the show. When that went away the show just lost something.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
        I think it just lost it's way when it stopped being about ancient greek myths/gods and branched off into all manner of other unrelated and often stupid weirdness.

The ancient greek thing was essential to the atmosphere and spirit of the show. When that went away the show just lost something.
        I have to agree here. When Herc went to "save" the Norse gods from ragnorock, I got competely bored; same with the whole Druid line: BORING!

Then Xena went to Rome and we had to put up with her influence on the whole Caeasar & Cleopatra line. I just couldn't quite make that leap of reality, and it got worse with her daughter and the Christianity farce.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

There were so many things wrong with both shows. In the beginning it just had enough fun and intrigue that you could ignore the obvious wrongness and overall badness of it all because it was supposed to be that way. But when they started to take themselves too seriously and get all philosophical the mood changed and since they got serious we had to get a little serious too and some things just got annoying... like the fact they seemed to cover what should probably be several thousands of years of Greco-Roman history and culture... among others and wholly inaccurately.... which was fine when they were hamming it up but later, not so much.
          Last edited by MarshAngel; 28 February 2006, 05:04 PM.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I am the opposite. I love Herc, actually bought all the seasons on DVD. I did watch Xena for a while, but I never got into it like Herc.

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer
              While I Love Xena... I started to loose interest once Gabriel Cut her hair and changed her weopon

Fighting Staff+Long haired Gabby>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>short haired+ daggers Gabby IMO
              But Gabriel had that whole younger ancient Greek version of Samantha Carter. I was kinda liking that look.
              http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
              http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                I have to agree here. When Herc went to "save" the Norse gods from ragnorock, I got competely bored; same with the whole Druid line: BORING!

Then Xena went to Rome and we had to put up with her influence on the whole Caeasar & Cleopatra line. I just couldn't quite make that leap of reality, and it got worse with her daughter and the Christianity farce.
                Or my personal fave. Gabby's evil twin/daughter and her nefarious plan to take over the world that sorta just... decided not to happen.

Comment

I loved Xena (still do, really) but I never watched much of Hercules. What I saw was quite good, though.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                  X