This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaberBlade
    the merger with Enix wasn't really anything to do with the movie, Enix bought Square. thanks to the DVD sales, Square made most of their money back which was improved on by the sales of Final Fantasy X-2
    Stupid Enix lovers at those Enix-filled message boards have filled my brains with lies then! Haha...
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
      Stupid Enix lovers at those Enix-filled message boards have filled my brains with lies then! Haha...

LOL...my boyfriend would agree with you. He doesn't like the merger either. However...he loves the games.
      sigpic

Comment

Do you know the dates when FF12 is coming out? I'd read it was originally supposed to come out last December, but was pushed way back.
        sigpic

Comment

I hope they don't botch up the new battle system in FF12....Other than that, it looks cool. Also, Advent Children was breathtaking....the graphics and fight scenes are amazing...esp those with Vincent. There is also an anime that's supposed to come out with the DVD of Advent Children called Last Order, about Zack/Cloud's escape from the Shinra Mansion, thats cool to...

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
          Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
          Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
            Do you know the dates when FF12 is coming out? I'd read it was originally supposed to come out last December, but was pushed way back.
            March 06 in Japan, normally about 6 months later for the US and up to another 6 months after that for the rest of the world

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
              March 06 in Japan, normally about 6 months later for the US and up to another 6 months after that for the rest of the world
              That stinks! :-( I wonder what the hold up is? But thanks for the info!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
                That stinks! :-( I wonder what the hold up is? But thanks for the info!
                something i wrote on another forum about the delays

where to start. Matsuno is running the FF12 project (like Kitase and the compilation project) but Itou (FF6 codirector with Kitase and the FF9 direct) was directing the game. Itou left, and replacement had to be found. (delay 1) Matsuno took over and things were going fine until he got sick and he had to be replaced (delay 2). Itou returned and is now co-directing with Minagawa (art director for FFTA) but since Matsuno was running the project, his position as that had to be replaced (delay 3) and they now have Akitoshi Kawazu overseeing the project.

thats just recently. going further back, Sakaguchi , FF's creator left Square (delay 4), so did Uematsu so that wouldn't have affected anything really to do with the game but even FF12s art director Hideo Minaba resigned from Square-Enix (delay 5). all 3 decided to set up their own companies. plus, FF12 was scheduled for a release but got delayed (delay 6) because of loading times during the game were taking to long (thats the reason i remember). it was either DQ8 or DQ5s PS2 remake, an Enix game, but FF12 was supposidly delayed because they didn't want 2 games released around the same time because fans wouldn't be torn between buying 1 of the other (delay 7)

sigpic

Comment

I've been playing the Soul Calibur 3 demo non-stop just waiting for Oct. 27th...then,
                  my social life is even more finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichton
                    I've been playing the Soul Calibur 3 demo non-stop just waiting for Oct. 27th...then,
                    my social life is even more finished.
                    What happens then?
                    sigpic

Comment

Anyone who wants to talk about one of the greatest games eva?

Here we go: my personal fave is FF7. I totally love Jenova and Sephiroth, the best enemies in a game I've eva seen.

Jen
                      sigpic

Comment

FF7 is the best It's amazing that a game with crappy graphics can out do all the new games that come out. It's a very beautiful game. The story from the very start hooks you. I read somewhere that America took it off the shelves after 9/11 because it "promotes" terrorism. The music is amazing, everytime I hear it I just feel at peace. The character development is the best I've ever seen in a game, that's why so many people love it because RPGers love story and characters over gameplay and graphics.

The other FFs just didn't do it for me like 7. Sure I liked them and played them a lot but they just didn't have that special something 7 did. I didn't like 8, it annoyed me, the characters were poor, the graphics were ok, the story was ok but it just didn't do it for me. 9 was excellent, a little long. 10 wasn't as good as people made it out to be. X-2 is good, three hot chicks in as little clothes as possible, who wouldn't like that? 5 and 6 were a little boring but playable. Haven't played 11 because of the monthly payment thing, maybe I will play it when I get a job.
                        I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

Well in my case..I was a FF8 junkie although I was annoyed that you HAD to follow the storyline. But I did enjoy the graphics and the music alot
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

For me FF8 is the absolute coolest.The characters are great andso is the story. I wish I had a Gun blade like Squalls!!!
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I loved Squalls Gunblade, too.

But talking about great weapons I'd pick Lulu from FFX. The mogles are so cute!

X I loved a lot, too. Bc Lu is my absolutely favorite chara. She's always so strong and stoic and very sexy. Love her.

As for FF7 I wish I lived in Japan for they have the Complication of FF7.
                              'FF7 Dirge of Cerberus' is to be released soon and they already have 'Before Crisis'.
                              And of course the movie 'Advent Children'. Sephi looks so darn good in this one *sigh*
                              But the best thing about AC is the music! I adore Nabuo Uematsu. The first thing I got after watching the movie was the OST.
                              So. Love. It.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hi there everybody. *waves*
                                I've already seen the the movie so I can tell you some facts. If you don't wanna be spoiled don't go on reading.

- the city is Midgar but the story takes place outside at the edge of Midgar
                                - the leader of the silver haired gang is called Kadaj (the other two are Yazoo and Loz) and indeed he is Sephi; he is a clone and is about to develop into Sephi
                                - therefor they need 'Mother' which is Jenova
                                - ShinRa is still there and so is Elena (as all the other Turks); even Rufus is still alive; they want to build the ShinRa Company up again
                                - all the FF7 charas are in the movie including Aerith, Zack, Sephi, Jenova, Marlene
                                - the places you can see are Midgar, the ancient city Ajit, the sleeping forest, the church in sector 5, Tifa's bar, north crater

Jen
                                Last edited by Jenova Synthesis; 08 December 2005, 02:57 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X