Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont cast Firefly to one side just because it didnt last very long, it is one of the best scifis ive ever seen
    - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

I like to mention the orignal Doctor Who seris. a little chesy but great acting.
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by walter_MacChevron
        Ok, I have been watching DVDs for over a year at my brother's house....but I just realized...I am almost done with them!Could anybody recommend any good, pretty long lasting sci-fi shows for me. I want a show that has a lot of continuity, and is not too campy (I dont think I would like Hercules or Xena)....and that happens to be on DVD (with at least 4 or 5 seasons)...and a good conclusion. And for some reason I have never gotten into Star Trek....ok i admit it i would buy the DVDs but they cost $100 each!!! These are the shows I like and why I like them:

Stargate (explains mythology,good characters, humor, action, never truly jumped shark IMHO)
        About to watch Babylon 5 (I heard it had a really good story arc thru the first 4 seasons.....was the 5th bad.i heard it was...)
        Buffy (although it deals with teens and some drama, i like the continuing story, and the humor when they interact with demons)
        Angel (WAY more grown up than buffy, good story arc thru out run with the shasnu (?) and how they will help people by taking down wolfram and hart)
        Highlander (i liked how it explored history, but did not like how the vast amount of episodes were stand alone)

*Ok, I asked this over at IMDb and somebody mentioned lost but i want a show that already has 5 seasons, because when i watched two great shows on TV, they both got axed out of nowhere...so i wanna know if the show will be long running or not)
        *As I have said, please do not mention Star Trek...never really got into it
        *Not firefly....because it only lasted like 16 episodes
        *And if you have a suggestion can you mention if it explains mythology, history, has good sotry arcs, etc.?.Does that leave any sci-fi shows (oh, and to make it even harder try to make it american based (man, that sounds mean...sry)
        You are asking a lot, not many SF shows last for more than 3 seasons. Have you tried the Xfiles, cant think of anything else at this stage.
        Made by Cheyenne

Comment

Ok, I will give BSG a go.....and i watched on the sci-fi channel the old 7os one and was laughing my butt of..........but anyways, I might also try X-files, and i might make it thorugh all 9 seasons (heck, I cam out alive watching buffy season 1, highlander seasons 1 and 6, it cant be that bad!).i tried watching charmed because my friend has it on DVD and i dont think it really appeals to me......kinda a chick show, not too much action! and i will try my library for trek DVDs

THANKS FOR HELPING ME!!!!

Comment

Ok, I have been watching DVDs for over a year at my brother's house....but I just realized...I am almost done with them!Could anybody recommend any good, pretty long lasting sci-fi shows for me. I want a show that has a lot of continuity, and is not too campy (I dont think I would like Hercules or Xena)....and that happens to be on DVD (with at least 4 or 5 seasons)...and a good conclusion. And for some reason I have never gotten into Star Trek....ok i admit it i would buy the DVDs but they cost $100 each!!! These are the shows I like and why I like them:

Stargate (explains mythology,good characters, humor, action, never truly jumped shark IMHO)
            About to watch Babylon 5 (I heard it had a really good story arc thru the first 4 seasons.....was the 5th bad.i heard it was...)
            Buffy (although it deals with teens and some drama, i like the continuing story, and the humor when they interact with demons)
            Angel (WAY more grown up than buffy, good story arc thru out run with the shasnu (?) and how they will help people by taking down wolfram and hart)
            Highlander (i liked how it explored history, but did not like how the vast amount of episodes were stand alone)

*Ok, I asked this over at IMDb and somebody mentioned lost but i want a show that already has 5 seasons, because when i watched two great shows on TV, they both got axed out of nowhere...so i wanna know if the show will be long running or not)
            *As I have said, please do not mention Star Trek...never really got into it
            *Not firefly....because it only lasted like 16 episodes
            *And if you have a suggestion can you mention if it explains mythology, history, has good sotry arcs, etc.?.Does that leave any sci-fi shows (oh, and to make it even harder try to make it american based (man, that sounds mean...sry)

Farscape-wonderful intelligent and well written show!!
            BSG-really gripping and gitty
            Babylon 5- one of the best sagas out there
            Firefly-a classic too

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
              HirogenGater my friend, you have just earned yourself a green. Will get down to my local library pronto. Excellent tip!
              Ivanova
              Glad I could help.

Comment

Ok, I will give BSG a go.....and i watched on the sci-fi channel the old 7os one and was laughing my butt of..........but anyways, I might also try X-files, and i might make it thorugh all 9 seasons (heck, I cam out alive watching buffy season 1, highlander seasons 1 and 6, it cant be that bad!).i tried watching charmed because my friend has it on DVD and i dont think it really appeals to me......kinda a chick show, not too much action! and i will try my library for trek DVDs

THANKS FOR HELPING ME!!!!
                Well if you were watching the old seventies one.....lets just say that the new one is about a 180 turn from it.....You'll like it.
                And you'll like X-Files- it's an addicting show.

Comment

all i can think of at the moment is "Smallville"....
                  ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
                    all i can think of at the moment is "Smallville"....
                    I couldn't get into that. I saw of couple of good episodes that I liked and then the next five or six I hated so I stopped watching.....might have been something to do with that Vampire sorority. That and it's way too shippy. Clark can only rescue Lana, Lois, and Chloie so many times before it becomes redundant.....

Comment

Do you like anime? If you do, I highly recommend Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex on Adult Swim. But good luck finding the right times, the programmers for Adult Swim are mean slaves to their ratings.
                      Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                      The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                      I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                      A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                      That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                      Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                      Caboose: They could be worse?
                      Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

if you go for anime Inu Yasha is good. Dragon ball is ok. There are a lot of short run seris that are good.
                        Macross is very good and ADV is doing a new dub
                        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I know a lot of people didn't like it, but try Andromeda. I'm not sure if Quantum Leap is on DVD, but that would be a great one to watch. And I know it was only on for three seasons, but Roswell was a really good show.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Try Farscape. It's highs are high, it's lows are low, and it's median is pretty close to the highs.

I know you're not a Trekker, but if anything ever persuades you to try it I'd suggest DS9; but start with the penultimate ep of s2. S1&2 are slow but thereafter there's a smashing arc with all sorts of un-trek-like twists and character development.

Doctor Who is fab.

Madeleine

Comment

Babylon 5.

Good sci fi is about special effects. Great sci fi is about people.

Comment

• Babylon 5
                                • Battlestar Galactica (new)
                                • Carnivale
                                • Lexx (especially seasons 2 and 3)
                                • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X