Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate, Star Wars, Star Trek : which one is the Greatest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. SGA, SG, SW
    Mi chceme Zelenku!!! Mi chceme více češtiny v SGA!!!

Comment

I say Stargate Sg-1, Statgate Atlantis and Battlestar Galactica (2005 series) are all tied at NO.2. #1 is defanitly SAC: 2ed GIG. (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex)
      Join the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Comment

Spoiler:

Comment

Stargate is definitely my favorite sf show both SG-1 and SGA. I like the use of ancient mythology in the series, the use of stargates as the main means of transportation. I also like that most aliens met are actually human. Another thing i like is that in SG humans of earth are less advanced than their adversaries. Also the shows emphasis on liberating people from opressive religions is interesting.

Star Trek in particular TNG is my second favorite SF show. I like the focus on space exploration. One of my favorite aspects of the show were the Borg, i liked that they were an enemy with whom they could not negotiate.
          sigpic

Comment

1: StarWars (classic, if weren't for it, we might have no SG)
            2: StarGate (just so darn fasinating)
            3: StarTrek (good, but I'm still stuck on liking the old ones.)

Comment

Of those three, Star Trek would be first, followed closely by Stargate, then not so closely by Star Wars.

But, ahead of Star Trek is FarScape and Babylon 5.
              sigpic
              "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
              Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Stargate, Star Trek (Voyager, and TNG), and then the original Star Wars (Boba Fett rules!)
                sigpic
                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

My top three?

Stargate SG1
                  Star Trek DS9
                  Stargate Atlantis
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I'm not even going to try and answer which is 'greatest'. I'm just going to say which I like most.

It's tough to decide between Star Wars and Stargate. They're both great for different reasons, but if I had to choose I'd go for Star Wars. Star Trek is pretty far behind both of them.
                    Last edited by Naonak; 21 April 2006, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Star Wars.

In this order:

Return of the Jedi / Revenge of the Sith

The Phatom Menace

Star Wars: A New Hope

Attack of the Clones

The Empire Strikes Back

Then Stargate S1-3

Star Trek (original)
                      The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

StarGate
                        Startrek (Voyager then DS9)
                        Star Wars (original three, then the newest three)

Comment

My sci-fi list would be expanded...

1. Babylon 5
                          2. Deep Sapce 9
                          3. Stargate SG1
                          4. Farscape
                          5. Stargate Atlantis

Star Wars isn't even on the horizon. Maybe it would make my fantasy list though.
                          "You have been impregnated, without copulation?"
                          "Yes! And I am absolutly terrified! Have any of you ever heard of anything like it?"
                          "Well, there's one..."
                          "Darth Vader!"
                          "Really!? How did that turn out?"

Comment

Would that be before or after LotR?
                            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I dont think you can really compare them fairly. Stargate, Star Trek, & Star Wars. They where all Great in there own time. But know shows like Stargate are with us. In 4-6 Years when Stargate is off the air (God forbide this ever happening but it could) there will be a new show that we think is the greatest ever. My current favorite running show is Stargate. One of My favorite shows would have to be the short lived Firefly and the movie Serenity. I keep hoping they bring that back someday. It would be really to close for me to call then... But as long as they did not screw up Firefly i would probably go with that as my Fav. Stargate will always hold a special place in my heart though like the rest of the Sci Fi Shows i love...
                              If Someone Trys To Kill You,
                              You Try And Kill Them Right Back..

Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

Those three are not really comparable, apart from the fact that they're all SF. I really like Star Wars but not Star Trek, for example. SF is a genre that is really though. It's hard to do a good SF movie or, even harder, show.
                                The first three Star Wars movies (the old ones I mean) are great. George Lucas brings a lot of energy in those movies. They're awesome. But I think he totally screwed up with the last three ones. I'm a huge Natalie Portman fan, but I have to say the new SW movies suck. It's all about love, there's this romance between Padmé and Darth Vader that is pathetic. I mean in Farscape for exemple the romance between John and Aeryn is great, because it's not ALL about that. There's love, but also action and other emotions. And Ben and Claudia have great chemistry together (Portman and Christensen didn't have such chemistry together).

For example, I don't like Star Trek. I think it's quite ridiculous. But I'm a huge, superfanatic of Stargate. Because I think the creators and writers are smart enough to put everything on the show, but not too much: there is action, emotions, love, humor... pretty much everything, and it's well done. And the actors are great.

I think SF is a really difficult genre, and to make a SF movie or show popular, it's all in the story and the acting. It must not be too difficult to understand. I mean in Stargate it's easy. In Star Wars it's easy: Jedi are good. Sith are bad. And then there's the war. A good Jedi who turns out to be a future bad Sith falls in love with the Quen (who turns out to be a future Senator lol) and eventually the good ones win. It's always the same. But in Stargate, the story's easy to understand but it's not cliché.

But to answer the question: Stargate is the best. DEFINITELY.
                                "Wow. Politics really does suck everywhere you go."
                                Yeah. I'm a Cameron Mitchell fan. Is that a problem?

Comment

Working...
                                X