Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate, Star Wars, Star Trek : which one is the Greatest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original 3 SW trilogy...

Then Gates

Then TOS Trek.
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

STARGATE hands down! But what about the other shows like Babylon 5 and BattleStar Galactica????
      http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
      http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Tough call. I like Star Trek I think the most... followed by Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
          Haha, you are SO on my level!

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Trekker but Stargate comes a respectable second. Never bought into Star Wars at all, despite my other half loving it, and what I have seen of the prequel films was just awful. Nearly nodded off in the first one and have avoided the other 2 like the plague. But don't get me started on that...
          Don't judge the entire series based on the prequels! Obviously you don't have to watch Star Wars if you're not interested in it. But the original trilogy is so much better than the new films. Unfortunately, Lucas saw fit to go back and edit the originals. So perhaps it's best you don't watch them unless you can view the original theatrical versions. But I digress.

There is no definitive answer to which is the best series. I'm sure we could all name a number of different franchises we consider to be the greatest. Personally, I could never get into Babylon 5. I tried, but never seemed to gain much interest.

Comment

Ahh, my Scifi trinity. One shining brightly, one more abused than Abu Gharib inmates, and one needs more of my love. (guess which is which )
            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
            Caboose: They could be worse?
            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

I think that stargate wins HANDS DOWN!!!!

i am on this page for a reason... i am obsessed with Stargate and Stargate Atlantis.... they are the greatest shows on Earth!!!!!!
              ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

I'm with Star Wars because even the goodest of characters can go bad.
                Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                new enemy of the Ori
                At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Stargate of course
                  Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Personally, I love them all for various reasons. But if I had to rank them, it'd go like this -
                    1.) Stargate SG-1 (not even a tough choice)
                    2.) Star Trek (mainly because of TOS and TNG)
                    3.) Star Wars (just barely behind Star Trek)
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Star Trek should be taken from Viacom by the DFS (Department of Franchise Services). They abuse Trek, and they abuse US.
                      Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                      A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                      That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                      Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                      Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

Comment

no fair.....i love star trek and star gate first with star wars coming in second. by the way anyone playing battlefront 2?
                        SAM & JACK 4EVER!!

Comment

Originally posted by fan of jack
                          no fair.....i love star trek and star gate first with star wars coming in second. by the way anyone playing battlefront 2?
                          Wish I was, but I have a bit of a computer problem at the moment. (See the video games thread for the woe)

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
                            Wish I was, but I have a bit of a computer problem at the moment. (See the video games thread for the woe)
                            being darth vader rocks!!!!!!
                            SAM & JACK 4EVER!!

Comment

Never been much of a Trek fan, but Star Wars was my first real fandom, and Stargate my second, and both are still very close to my heart. The prequels movies I can do without, but the classic movies and the EU novels that follow Episode IV-VI, I'm hooked on.

I cannot possibly choose between SW or SG-1, though. Both have so many different stories, inevitably there'll be some bad stories once in a while, but overall, both have a great history and are still going strong.

Comment

In their time all these series had their proverbial thumbs on the pulse of all scifi fans. SG-1 is now having its run and is NOW my favorite, as the others were in their time.
                                As for the Star Wars movies, the first 2 originals (SW & Empire) were the best of the bunch, IMHO.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                                X