Clear All

hey! I like the Wiggles!
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
      hey! I like the Wiggles!
      You would, wouldn't you?

When is S2 of Mars supposed to premiere? Any set date yet?

Comment

They start filming S2 of LoM on April 10th, would imagine it would air the same time as it did this year.

If anyone's interested there's a [brand]new discussion board just for all things LoM called The Railway Arms.
        LizWhite.net

Comment

I leeched this snippet of info from the "Life on Mars" website:
          John Simm and Philip Glenister are to return in a second 8-part series of Life On Mars.

Filming on the new series starts in Manchester in April 2006 and continues until September. The show will be shown on BBC ONE in 2007, although an exact transmission date will not be decided upon until around the time of broadcast.
          Aye, as Flippy said, it'll probably be premiered in the new January schedule. Hmm, I wonder if my dad has any kipper ties and flared trousers left over from the 70s? Hey, and I'll have time to grow a pair of pork-chop sideboards to celebrate the new series when it airs.

*note to self -- Remember NOT to post when brain is disengaged*
          Last edited by Missster.Freeman; 09 June 2006, 07:20 AM.
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

There's a whole load of UK TV shows that've been re-made in the US.

For example, Steptoe & Son the father and son rag & bones men, became Sanford & Son father and son junkyard owners.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              Snurched from Futon Critic:

This can't be good. Why the hell do we have to keep trying to "re-make" things, dammit? Why not just show the original instead?

Ye gods, if America tried to do this with Doctor Who, we'd be nuked down to the bedrock... and fully deserving of it, too.
              I knew they'd remake it Stateside! Hope for your sake it's just as good!
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

My website now has a Life on Mars page: http://www.mattgsplace.net/TV%20and%...0on%20Mars.htm
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

This question has probably been asked often, but I'll ask again since it's a tricky search query: where's the best place online to buy UK/Region 2 DVDs? I'm trying to snag the Life on Mars series, but I'm having bad luck so far on ebay and figured it there was a reliable place to flat-out buy it for a reasonable price...

Thanks.

Comment

It was a tricky search. First of all I tried a price comparison website, and the cheapest was £25.99 ($48) at play.com. I dunno if you live in the US, as unfortunately, play.com (UK) doesn't deliver to the US. There is a playusa.com, but that is all Region 1. There were no results when I searched there for Life on Mars.

I did manage to find a site with a region 2 copy in US Dollars for $53.95. This is the first time I've been to this website, so I don't know how reliable it is.

I'm not sure if that price is reasonable for ye? $53.95 converts to 29 of my Scottish pounds, so yeah (me being a tight-fisted Scotsman ), I would pay that.

Comment

I found a couple of sites- sendit and choicesuk that both have good prices. I may just take a chance on one and see what happens. Might be a chance to stock up on a few things, too. Gods bless my region free DVD player.

Thanks for the tip-off, though. CD Wow will be my backup if I chicken out on the others. lol

Comment

Early news on the US remake is the producers want the tone to be more "The French Connection" than "Starsky and Hutch".
                        sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                          Early news on the US remake is the producers want the tone to be more "The French Connection" than "Starsky and Hutch".
                          TFC was pretty heavy in tone. Not a bundle of laughs ahead in the US then. But perhaps it's for the best, as I don't think the Yanks could strike the same note as the UK series.
                          sigpic
                          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

UK Life on Mars to be shown Stateside on BBC America on 24th July.
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Hardly worth spending money on a remake now that the original will be shown in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                                Hardly worth spending money on a remake now that the original will be shown in the US.
                                Yeah, but a lot of the subtle stuff will be lost on an American audience.
                                £5 says the remake falls flat on its face - like the US version of Red Dwarf.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X