This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    The destination board on the bus said "Hyde", and I'm not sure where I heard this, but it's supposed to be significant somehow...
    Dr Jekyll and Mister..?
    Your guess is as good as mine.

Marc Warren was good as ever, some great actors in this show. But all the crouching in pain and head-holding from Simm is starting to get old.

Plot thickening up nicely, bit like Lost with the incremental WTF? factor. And what was that with the Morecambe and Wise tune? Creepy.
    sigpic
    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
      Dr Jekyll and Mister..?
      Your guess is as good as mine.

Marc Warren was good as ever, some great actors in this show. But all the crouching in pain and head-holding from Simm is starting to get old.

Plot thickening up nicely, bit like Lost with the incremental WTF? factor. And what was that with the Morecambe and Wise tune? Creepy.
      Hmm, yes Iwas thinking of Dr. Jekyll and Mister... as well.

Curses! I'll have to stop singing "Bring Me Sunshine" now...

Still, next week Gene gives us his trademark line from series one.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I saw the first two episdoes of season 2 yesterday after not having seen season 1 simply because I was watching Something else the time it was on. I loved it and Marc Warren made it especially chilling . Cant wait till watch the next episode. I have 2 theories. 1 Sam has somehow seperated his mind from his body and somehow ended up in a virtual reality programme like the matrix but only mroe realistic. Or he has been brought back in time be a certain person or persons to change the past so the future is fixed !!!! I dunno but I sure as hell cant wait to find out what really is going on.
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Hmm-okay, I hereby forgive Marc Warren for the pile of *expletives (lots of 'em) deleted* that was Dracula, and for the silly "Peter Lorre on helium" voice he affected for Hogfather.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Does anyone know anything about this supposed spin-off series set in 1981 called 'Ashes to Ashes' (great title)?
            sigpic

Comment

Apparently it'll be about Gene and his squad, so just an 1980's cop show, nah, bound to have something more to it, maybe another time traveller like Sam (yes I'm just guessing here) joins the squad, but its told from their POV?
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

There's nothing written in stone so far about this spin-off, just a lot of sites reporting that it is in development. We won't know for sure until the Beeb confirms it.

It's supposedly to be set in London (I have no idea why) featuring Gene Hunt and a few of the original cast, but Sam Tyler won't be in it and will have more of a Miami Vice feel to it than The Sweeney. As I said, all this is just speculation so far.

A better spin-off, in my opinion, would be to have Gene Hunt move forward through time to the present day. He would be like a fish out of water with his non-pc ways. Hmm... too similar to Demolition Man maybe?
                Last edited by Missster.Freeman; 15 February 2007, 09:20 AM.
                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

^That would be great!

DCI Whoever: There's a meeting not far from here, drugrunning
                  Gene (DI): I;ll get me gun shall I?
                  DCI Whoever: Gun? This isn't the seventies, I hardly think guns are necessary do you?

(later)

Gene: Everybody down, you're surrounded by (beat) unarmed *******s!
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

They have started showing the show two weeks ago and Kabel shows two episodes back to back. I am watching it right now (commercial break). I am a huge BBC fan and a lot of great series have come from BBC Wales (Spooks anyone?). I love the clash of cultures, the humour and the suspense. The episode they are showing right now is about some ManU fan that got killed in front of the pub and the guys from the police go under cover. Gotta go now - commercial break is over.
                    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                    And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post

A better spin-off, in my opinion, would be to have Gene Hunt move forward through time to the present day. He would be like a fish out of water with his non-pc ways. Hmm... too similar to Demolition Man maybe?
                      The problem is that would essentially be like 'a touch of frost' a misserable old man who isn't allowed to do his job the way he likes to do it even though it gets results.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                        The problem is that would essentially be like 'a touch of frost' a misserable old man who isn't allowed to do his job the way he likes to do it even though it gets results.
                        Possibly. What I meant was that he would wake up or whatever in the present day still in his prime. He'd be miserable, no doubt about that.
                        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Argh, I'm going to miss it this week because there's footie on the other side and I am not master of the remote.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
                            Argh, I'm going to miss it this week because there's footie on the other side and I am not master of the remote.
                            Footy? Pah! Who wants to see 22 grown men chasing a ball for an hour and a half when you can watch the Gene-Genie?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                              Footy? Pah! Who wants to see 22 grown men chasing a ball for an hour and a half when you can watch the Gene-Genie?
                              I had to watch the footie . Well, is anyone gonna post any comments about the ep so I can see what I missed?
                              sigpic

Comment

Well, as usual, Gene got all the best lines.

Sam: "Haven't you heard of softly, softly?"
                                Gene: "Yeah, but I prefer Z-Cars."

And what has to be to quote of the series (so far) -

Gene: "If I was as worried as you, I'd never fart for fear of s******g myself."
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X