Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a huge DOOM fan. In fact, even my main computer today has a DOS partition and a Roland wave table card (ISA slots) so that I can play DOOM and DOOM 2 in their original glory.

I did not think the movie was terrible, but it clearly was modified to add romance and soap opera elements that do not fit. The genius of DOOM (1994 version) is that even in the terrible low res mode, it was scarier than this multi million dollar movie. Having a revnant pop up in front of you when you don't expect it or one of the other many freaky monsters are what made the game great. This movie did not have enough terror, enough monsters or enough combat tension.

If you want to see a movie that captures the spirit of DOOM, it's Aliens, considered a top 20 Sci-fi movie by most critics....

Game over man .......

Comment

I loved doom in it's glory days and still love it now. i just got the DVD about 3 hours ago. It's a pretty decent movie. Outside of Doom 3, i have to dumb down my computer to the realm of DOS to play my old school Doom games. I even have the very first FPs out there: Wolfenstein 3D! (The real old-school original, not the new remakes).

Comment

To tell you the truth, I didn't think Doom was that bad. Yeah, it wasn't one of the best films I've seen lately, but in no way was it the worst. Maybe it's because I didn't go into it with any notions of the game.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I havnt seen the movie doom yet but i am planning on getting it soon. I hope it is a good movie!!
          sigpic
          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick
            I havnt seen the movie doom yet but i am planning on getting it soon. I hope it is a good movie!!
            Let us know what you think when you do finally see it. Most people I've talked to either really liked it or totally hated it. Personally, I didn't think it was too bad really. I've seen a lot worse, let's just say.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
              Let us know what you think when you do finally see it. Most people I've talked to either really liked it or totally hated it. Personally, I didn't think it was too bad really. I've seen a lot worse, let's just say.
              The movie isn't too bad. I've been a fan of doom ever since it came out, so i may be a little biased. Still, it's a decent watch. If you're not a fan of doom or games like doom, skip it and move on.

Comment

Working...
              X