This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
    Mason, Roxy, Reggie, George's mom, and Crystal are returning. Since Crystal is there, George must still be with Happy Time. I hope Dolores returns!
    I hope Dolores returns too, what a character, I'm sure she reminds a lot of people of someone they've worked with, she does for me!

I'm so glad it was realised how stupid it was to pull a wonderfully engaging original show like this when it was just getting into its stride!

Comment

Yay for Crystal! She was great. And Dolores Herbig...what an amazing character. And the actress who played her is superb.

Yay also for Reggie and Mom coming back. I disliked the mom at first but came to like her as the show progressed.

Comment

I'm joining your thread!

I've loved DLM for a long time and I never had the idea to check here if it had a thread..
        I almost created one but I had the good idea to check first.
        On Ellen Muth's Myspace page, I learned about the news of the come back of the show!
        so maybe we can expect more items on eBay from her!

I've read somewhere that the stargate episode "threads" was filmed in the settings of the Waffle Hause. You know if it's true?

Comment

Originally posted by Arga View Post

I've read somewhere that the stargate episode "threads" was filmed in the settings of the Waffle Hause. You know if it's true?

Yep, same place.

Comment

SOme more spoilers and it's not good, not good at all. Actually it sounds like the new person in charge of the show has never watched season 2 on the show. In case you don't want to read the spoilers I will give a very basic summury...

The completely screwed up Daisy's charater.

Spoiler:
            Daisy will not be played by Laura Harris since the actress is attached to the new series Women's Murder Club. The character will be in the movie. (It gets worse)

Rube was not set to appear in the movie since Patinkin was not available. Now that he left Criminal Minds, it is unknown if they were able to at least have him cameo to give his character a proper send off. However, it is highly unlikely this will happen as shooting was already in progress when he and Minds parted ways. (One of our readers says that the movie wrapped up shooting a few days ago.)

According to the Dead Like Me Wikipedia page, at least two new characters are introduced: Calvin Kane, a new head reaper, and Hudson Hart, Reggie's secret boyfriend. Calvin is described as a "slick businessman who couldn't care less about helping the newly dead"; Hudson is someone whose soul George is supposed to reap. Because of Hudson, George and Reggie re-connect for the first time since George's death. Daisy is attracted to Calvin; Calvin, in turn, helps Daisy land an understudy role in a production of After the Fall. Daisy deliberately injures the play's lead actress, (So much for the charater development of Daisy in season 2) taking over her role, though the subsequent stress leads her to drinking heavily (Once again did they bother to watch the show? There are only like 26 episodes), even during performances.

Ellen Muth confirms that she'll be narrating in the movie as she was in the series. (THANK GOD)

Calvin throws a party at his luscious penthouse. The city's elite along with Roxy, Daisy, Mason and George are invited. As always Daisy tries to have George be and look like someone she is not. (*BANGS HEAD AGAINST THE WAY*) George is pissed off because Calvin mess up on a reap time he gave her. Daisy is ecstatic at the idea of being the understudy for the lead in After the Fall. Of course (and as said in spoilers above), she will not leave it to just being an understudy; she wants to be under the spotlight. When things go awry in Daisy's career, Calvin starts dating a richer woman who he says as less attitude than Daisy. At the party, Mason is drunk and chatting with two hot blonde women both named Tiffany. Later in the movie, Roxy is at a bus crash site and discovers that the reap she saved is now dead.

Comment

It was sad when it was cancelled the first time, now with the movie and potential for a series revival, I have my hopes up. None of the changes as yet are enough to deter me and I'll reserve judgement for how bad it got "screwed up" until I've actually seen it.

Comment

Personally I could see Rube meeting his final quota sometime during the movie, thus allowing him to work on Criminal Minds. It would be ashame to just write him out instead of having Mandy back on set to play him in some role. The show could end up being very similar to the original but lacking Rube and having Roxy in charge.

However, I would rather see Rube being sent somewhere thus allowing his occasional presence if he so wished it.

I am looking forward to the movie, and I am definitely hoping DVD sales will be strong enough for a return to TV (please, no Scifi channel). The show definitely had a lot of appeal to me with it's dark humour and I would love to see it return in some fashion, so yay for movie and prays for series.

sigpic

Comment

He quite Criminal Minds in the middle of filming the movie.

They should have made the movie 1-2 years ago or next year, really bad timing.

Last year or so Daisy would have been on it, the year before that Daisy and Bryan Fuller could be in it. Next year they could have gotten the whole cast back because Laura Harris's new show will most likely be canceled.

Comment

in the show, they said rippers don't appear to us as their original self.
                    So maybe they can explain that Daisy's appearance changed because she spent too long in her "Laura Harris" face, and it could be suspicious. (other people who aged would notice she's still young)..
                    but I doubt they would try to explain it whatsoever...

I'd love if they could take the new found freedom of Mandy Patinkin to insert his last rip, even if it messed up their planned storyboard.
                    I agree they could have had a better timing producing it.

Comment

The timing issue is MGM's fault and they weren't gonig to say no to making a movie.

The whole reaper looks thing is interesting. it seems to me, but not confirmed of course, that the reapers look different to the living and not the undead/dead. So we see them as they looked like when they were alive.

In the finale episode it's Halloween and that's the day people can see you for the real you, and someone did notice Daisy at that time. Every once and awhile the reapers change their names so people don't notice their age. Plus they do move around sometimes too.

Comment

The reapers faces changing and being recognized has been altered slightly from the original premise. I think it changed to they only look different to people they knew in life and look like they used to look to everyone else, except on Halloween. There were a few other "creative" changes after the original creator left the series.

Comment

I know some writers seemed to have forgotten this appearance look.
                          Like when this guy saw an old newspaper with a picture of Rube, and recognized him...

Comment

Originally posted by Arga View Post
                            I know some writers seemed to have forgotten this appearance look.
                            Like when this guy saw an old newspaper with a picture of Rube, and recognized him...
                            That's a very good point. So maybe it really is only the people that know you see you different.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                              I am looking forward to the movie, and I am definitely hoping DVD sales will be strong enough for a return to TV (please, no Scifi channel). The show definitely had a lot of appeal to me with it's dark humour and I would love to see it return in some fashion, so yay for movie and prays for series.
                              I see your wish to not be on SciFi and raise you a wish for the (potential!) show to stay the frak away from Fox.
                              Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Comment

Well its about time!!!

This show is one of my all time favorite shows, i have both seasons on DVD, and im happy that its gonna be continued, but at the same time im not to happy with all the character changes. But i guess ill give the writters a chance and see how things develop.

Comment

Working...
                                X