This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question.

Spoiler for ep Last Call (I think, definitly late season 2)
    Spoiler:

So,what do you think. Do all gravelings come from people who are murdered by Grim Reapers. Or are gravelings just people who were bad in life and are thus sentenced to being a graveling and their manner of death is irrelevant?

Meaning was that guy doomed to begin with or only because Mason killed him? I think I have two eps left...maybe they will explain it.

Also, I knew that dog was doomed as soon as they introduced the animal reaper. Poo

Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I'm very unfortunate and do not get any premium channels (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, etc...), so it's a definite treat to get Dead Like Me on Skiffy. I have to say...I absolutely love it! I've actually read ahead on some of the episodes on both Seasons 1 and 2, and from what I can tell...Showtime is the Fox of cable TV. This was far from over. I say, start a revolution, a la Serenity!

There's only us,
      There's only this
      Forget regret, or life is yours to miss
      No other road,
      No other way
      No day but today...

Comment

Originally posted by gatebuster64
        did you know the set for the waffle house is the same set used for the Astral diner on sg1
        You know??? I was going to ask if anyone thought that was the same diner. I was going to watch that SG-1 episode again to determine whether or not it was. The show itself is pretty good and I have to admit, they came up with some pretty unique ways to die. Kudos to Sci Fi for picking up the reruns. Tuesdays have never been a good night for tv so with the addition of "Dead Like Me" and "Eureka", I have something to look forward to. Maybe now Sci Fi will actually get back to airing what we all started watching the network for in the first place.....Sci Fi.

Comment

I love how flippant the show could be and at the same time really touching and insightful.

Dolores! How could I forget Dolores?

Rube was a favorite of mine, and George and Mason, too. They were all such great, 3-dimensional characters. Even Daisy (the blonde)--she seemed so stereotypical until partway through the second season. There were scenes that made my heart ache for her.

Makes me wonder what they could have done with the show if it'd been allowed to continue.
          Dr. Orpheus: "But Hank, no...Hank is quite upset! Rage, I can hear his rage! He calls you a crumb bum....or maybe a crampon. It's hard to hear him." - Venture Bros., 2x01 Powerless in the Face of Death

Comment

Great show! They always cancel the great ones - what a shame. Such an original different storyline and great characters - I loved them all!
            George and Daisy, Mason and Rube - totally awesome!

I've liked Mandy Potamkin since Chicago Hope and they cancelled that one too! Why do they cancel the great ones and leave us with nothing but reality dreck??

Comment

I'm bringing this thread back to front page, I love this show and I wish I was a graveling, I loved it when one peed on the diving board, it was GREAT!

Comment

Rube has always been a mystery to me, one day he's so blissful and serene, the next day he gets on everyone's nerves, maybe because everyone gets on his nerves

Comment

i dont know if theres already a thread on this...but i was wondering you all think about the recently new show on scifi called Dead Like Me? i personally like it alot, makes my tuesday better.
                  In Memory of Stalingrad

May She Never Be Forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Ra's mom
                    i dont know if theres already a thread on this...but i was wondering you all think about the recently new show on scifi called Dead Like Me? i personally like it alot, makes my tuesday better.
                    House makes my Tuesday better...lol...I love Dead Like Me though

Comment

It's not actually new.

It ran on showtime and was cancelled after two seasons.

Too bad actually...
                      It was really just hitting it's stride, At least they ended at a good moment in the story arcs. They didn't leave any nasty loose ends.

"Atheism - the religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."
                      - Stephen Colbert
                      "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish."

Comment

It was a great show, and easily had one or two more seasons of stories left to tell. Funny, it was cancelled more than 2 years ago, and The Bridge still has it on it's marquee, they didn't remove it, they just added Atlantis.
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

OK, I have become addicted to dead like me ever since they began playing it on scifi. (one of the few smart things they have done lately). Anyway, I was wondering if there were any other fans of the show out there. I though this place could be a place where fans could discuss favorite eps, ships, and all around favorite moments of the short lived show.

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
                          hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
                          Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                          OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

I'm in!! I love Dead Like Me! My mom introduced me to it and from the first episode I saw I was hooked. Have the seasons on DVD and watch them all the time. Such a smart show. And I LOVE Mandy Patinkin! Think he's a great actor (one of the reasons I now can't get enough of a new show called Criminal Minds)

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                            "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Mandy Patinkin is great. I've recently went through a Criminal Minds craving lately and it's great to see such an incredible actor from DLM do something equally as enjoyable.

I first got into DLM when it first aired in the UK. I was immediately drawn to the show with it's funny dark sense of humour and it's overall unique approach to things (which like Criminal Minds is a rarity in this day and age). The cast was very enjoyable to watch, each was as unique as the next and the show overall was well written, very funny and just great to watch.

Unfortunately viewers didn't see it that way and such a great show ended so early, and after that last episode... oh god they needed to do something after that. I was disappointed after seeing the last episode at what could have come.

sigpic

Comment

I've seen this show a few times, and I love it!!!!

spoilers for atlantis
                                Spoiler:
                                Laura Harris will be in season 3 episode 'the game'
                                sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X