Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here's the petition link if somebody would like to sign it...

http://www.petitiononline.com/dlm1218/petition.html

Comment

Enterprise may get canceld soon pending how it goes , Honnestly if Ent waisnt a startrek series it would not have survived past its first season if not for that , It would have died last season if it waisnt for fan support and barely getting to season 4 by the skin of its teeth. It went low as 1.9 million ratings this season in some new episodes , Voyager in its lowest time was at 4.1 average which isnt bad since not even stargate has gone that far on sci fi.

The thing with trek is that there is a tradition and it always seems to happen that it takes till the fourth season for the show to really take off , Which to me is bad practice too keep since people dont have big patience for that now. Enterprise was a desperate mess untill now and I wish this season was the first one , because when a show loses its audiences its very dificult to get it back, Alot of shows have big premiers and then quickly die or fade out as in Enterprises case which is a slow and still continuing decline into hades.It had 12 million in its premier broken bow not even some reality tv shows got those kinds of ratings but Enterprise did but soon after it droped like a elephant flying out of the sky , "Strange new world" had 6 million viewers after premier still not bad at all , but then the next following episodes went down to 4 million , Ent stayed that way untill started to drop in season 2 and then they started doing attention grabers and desperate moves like the Borg and such , The Xindi in season 3 which I didnt find very good , It only slowed down the drop not stop or reverse it.

Season 4 the "(miracle season as I call it)" Since all odds said cancelation last year , The creativity is improved you got manny Coto and focus is now shifted on real relevant prequeil related stories, But the ratings are still declining even Brent Spiner could just keep the rating stabilized untill he was done and then it droped even more.Now the show is struggeling to maintain 2 million much less 3 like before.

Too bad since that upcoming episode Dark mirror looks cool having the TOS ship and the Gorn appear and seeing the alternate universe in the 22nd century.
      The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=30460

Dead Like Me... DONT LEAVE!!!
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Don't know if there any Dead Like Me fans about, but Showtime ( you know them, they cancelled SG-1 AND Dead Like Me) will begin a complete 2 season marathon tonight, beginning 8 PM, EDT. If you have a cable company that has On Demand, it will also be there.

DLM was a very funny, very original show, definitely worth a look see. Both Teryl Rothery and Peter Williams had recurring guest spots in it. And it was filmed at The Bridge, in Vancouver, BC. Also, the scene in the waffle house in Threads, was the same set used in every episode of DLM. Bit of trivia.

Date: May 24, 8 PM, EDT
          On fighting:
          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

B*stards... I'm so mad that they cancelled this show!

My parents were just really getting into it! They loved it!

... *is getting the DVDs*

July 19th Season 2!!!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Oh and... I just started laughing when I saw the Waffle House in Threads... It took away a bit of the seriousness for me...

I was so hoping for a cameo appearance of the Dead Like Me cast... That would have cracked me up lol. Just see them sitting around at a table or booth handing out stickies lol. That would have been great lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                Oh and... I just started laughing when I saw the Waffle House in Threads... It took away a bit of the seriousness for me...

I was so hoping for a cameo appearance of the Dead Like Me cast... That would have cracked me up lol. Just see them sitting around at a table or booth handing out stickies lol. That would have been great lol.
                I did too, and I kept looking for Rube and George.....it was a disappointment they weren't one of the seated Ancients! LOL

Right, the yellow stickies....NO purple ones! ROFL

I REALLY liked that series......so did Peter Williams. He was really disappointed when it was cancelled.

Glad there is at least one other fan here!
                On fighting:
                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                  I did too, and I kept looking for Rube and George.....it was a disappointment they weren't one of the seated Ancients! LOL

Right, the yellow stickies....NO purple ones! ROFL

I REALLY liked that series......so did Peter Williams. He was really disappointed when it was cancelled.

Glad there is at least one other fan here!
                  Well, there was a 'Dead Like Me Has Been Cancelled Those B*astards' thread, but I guess it's buried deep within the forum.

Lots of fans. Even someone (I forget who) has a Dead Like Me signature.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Comment

Thanks dor the heads up. Off to check On Demand or set DVR.

Ben Browder Follower

Comment

I've just watched this weeks DLM on SkyOne. They're showing S2, and me and the kids just adore it. Can't believe it's been cancelled....yet another quality show bites the dust. There's something wrong isn't there where progs like this get cancelled....yet every week there's a new Reality TV show being advertised. It sucks, there's not enough quality programming as it is...they should be making more not cancelling the ones they've got.

Comment

I find this an oddly compelling show.
                        I laugh a lot while watching it but get very sad sometimes too.
                        I think it was quite well done and am saddened to hear it only went two seasons.

Its on HDNET on Sundays at 4:30 or Wendsdays at 9:00 if anyone is interested. Someone also said it is coming to Scifi so I would recommend it, though I assume they will heavily edit it (it was a showtime show originally so some of it is not made for regular TV).

Anyway, good show, deserves a thread, didnt see one so here you go. Does anyone else agree it is a great show or am I alone in my morbid curiosity of death? Oh, and for farscape people. I think Stark would have fit in great in this show .
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

hopefully whatever editing that will be done will not detract from the show.

i think mainly it'll be language.

loved the show. really quite good.
                          Thanks!
                          Jordan

my page
                          My LJ
                          From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

It is coming to scifi - it think on Tuesdays...? Don't remember the date, but did see it advertised on scifi's website.

Dead Like Me was a great show, thought-provoking and wonderfully twisted. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it. And for those in the States who don't get scifi (evil Comcast) they have the show on DVD.

The DLM quote that lives on my desk:
                            Data Entry Guy: "Files don't just disappear"
                            George: "They do if you drop them down an elevator shaft"

Comment

I haven't seen the show, but I've been wanting to for a long time. I almost bought it on DVD, but I'm not a wealthy person () and wanted to know more about it first. Maybe I should look into it again (since I now have a job)...
                              What if the hokey-pokey really is what it's all about?

Spoiler:
                              I made a big decision a little while ago.
                              I don't remember what it was, which prob'ly goes to show
                              That many times a simple choice can prove to be essential
                              Even though it often might appear inconsequential.

I must have been distracted when I left my home because
                              Left or right I'm sure I went. (I wonder which it was!)
                              Anyway, I never veered: I walked in that direction
                              Utterly absorbed, it seems, in quiet introspection.

For no reason I can think of, I've wandered far astray.
                              And that is how I got to where I find myself today.

Bill Waterson, "The indispensable Calvin and Hobbes"

Comment

My favourite show ever, I'm still so sad that it was cancelled.

Comment

Working...
                                X