Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An00b is of course. I've always gotten the impression that the ST captains are hesitant to fight, and even when they do they barely do any damage. That electrical lightning thing he uses would wipe them clean off the face of the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
      An00b is of course. I've always gotten the impression that the ST captains are hesitant to fight, and even when they do they barely do any damage. That electrical lightning thing he uses would wipe them clean off the face of the universe.
      Exactly - if ur gonna kick some borg butt, then do it and be done with it. ST captains need to be more like Kirk and less like Picard, although Janeway didn't mind a lil a$$ kickin now and then. I wouldn't mind seeing Adm. Janeway meeting Gen. O'Neill, that would be cool dialog.

Comment

Hey, don't diss on Picard. He wasn't as dramatic as Kirk... Or maybe it's just the acting. Janeway def kicked some a$$, but I think a part of that was due to her gender. A female captain think they have more to prove than a male.

The only captain I never really liked was Sisco. That guy is a frikkin sissy.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
          Hey, don't diss on Picard. He wasn't as dramatic as Kirk... Or maybe it's just the acting. Janeway def kicked some a$$, but I think a part of that was due to her gender. A female captain think they have more to prove than a male.

The only captain I never really liked was Sisco. That guy is a frikkin sissy.
          yah, you're right...Picard was one classy captain; intelligent, witty, charming, and he could be a bad a$$ when he needed to be. I still like that line, when the Cardassian Obsidian Order dude was torturing him:

Cardassian dude (same actor who played Chancellor Gorkon): "How many lights are there, human?" There were five lights, but his torture was supposed to make Capt. Picard say "Four", but instead, after hours of grueling torture, kept saying, in that deep brit accent: "THERE ARE FIVE LIGHTS! FIVE! FIVE LIGHTS!"

I'll never forget that scene. Very powerful and very un-TNG.

O'Neill was just as defiant, but with humour, in "Abyss" when Lord Ba'al was torturing him and Daniel couldn't "interfere". Damn anscients.

Comment

LOL... Sisko talked loud... I wouldn't say he was a sissy though. Remember that time he essentially poisoned a planet o' Maquis to get back at Eddington? That was pretty vicious.
            Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
            more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

The thing with the Bord Shield modifications is still one of physics, plus you have to consider that the Super Soldiers would board a Borg Cube and wipe out the Bord before they knew what hit them. And with the shields, like I was saying before, you cant ignore physics in that if he still had the eyes to power his big honking space gun would obliterate the borg cube in one shot, no questions asked. Its like when the self-destruct went off on the alpha site in Death Knell, even the super soldiers advanced armor couldnt ignore the physics of a blast of that magnitude, so neither can a borg ship if it were to be hit by Anubis' advanced weapon, plus the shields of Anubis' ship appeared to be very advanced (having him have knowledge of ancient's shield technology possibly). So IMO, Anubis would own the Borg easily.
              Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

We all know they'd never be able to actually watch a show or movie like this. The producers and writers are all geeks at heart. They'd be like "No! My fictional being is stronger! No! A what?? Oh come on! That is so far fetched!"

Comment

FAN FILM then!! though, even those people would be bias, seeing as how you cant love both STARGATE AND STARGATE and remain unopiniated (unless you are the NOX, who can love everythign and everyone, even the goa'uld, and be protected from bias opinions.)

Comment

Ok, now that we've worked out that Anubis would win hands down, who would you prefer to win. If the winner of this battle was gonna control Earth who would you root for. You'd be a slave or a host if Nubby one, the possibility of rebellion would exist. Or you'd br part of the collective with no possibility of uprise.
                    I'd prefer serving Nubby so that we could rebel after a while and kick his ass back to Ancient-ville.
                    Godspeed, Don.

Comment

Anubis. No matter how well the Borg shields adapt if enough energy were thrown at them , overload, shields collapse, cube go boom.
                      sigpic
                      I am Zim, Irken Invader Zim. I am responsible for the safe obliteration of the human race, not you!' - Zim - Invader Zim
                      'Don't worry, officer. You are in a filthy Earth brain hospital. Your feelings are normal. There's a squid brain in your head! ' - Zim - Invader Zim
                      'Now, to unleash screaming temporal doom! ' - Zim -Invader Zim

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                        Ya but Anubis' Kull Warriors would kick the butts outta the Borg drones. Plus, Anubis would have no fear of the Queen and would prolly kick her a$$ back to Unimatrix. I'm so glad to see so many peeps support Anubis, the coolest of all cools.
                        This is Anubis circa "Full Circle" he aint got his hands on Jonas yet and has no Kull Warriors. Besides Borg Drones have shown great ability to adabate to and render useless energy hand weapons, it's kinetic enegy they can't do.

though, even those people would be bias, seeing as how you cant love both STARGATE AND STARGATE and remain unopiniated
                        You wanna check thta Andy? It quite possible to love Stargate and Stargate considering their the same thing

Basically Stargate has superior fire power to the Borg but porperly inferior numbers of ships.

Still I'd give this to Anubis.
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

Ok sure Anubis has freaking good shields and weapons, but all your scenarios are dependant on Anubis' ship facing off against one Borg cube. Sure Anubis would whup them for the fist few battles, but after a while thousands of Borg vessels would eventually take the upper hand.

FYI it was species 8472 that beat up the Borg.
                          [email protected]
                          http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                          One nation under dog
                          There of which I stand alone
                          A face in the crowd
                          Unsung, against the mold
                          Without a doubt
                          Singled out
                          The only way I know

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith

You wanna check thta Andy? It quite possible to love Stargate and Stargate considering their the same thing

Still I'd give this to Anubis.
                            I meant Stargate and Star Trek, but it was probably late when I typed that message so.

Comment

I agree that given enough energy (like the super weapon Anubis used at Abydos), even Borg shields will fail. But if the entire Collective came down on Anubis, I think he'll turn into a free floating dark cloud pretty soon. The Borg has way more ships than Anubis could ever field even if he took over some of the forces from the other System Lords. The Borg collective controls hundreds if not thousands of worlds. Plus the Borg has a transwarp network, a very useful tool when you could move dozen or more ships clear across the galaxy within minutes.

In hand to hand combat, the Kull soldiers will be protected from any energy or projectile weapons because of their armor. The Borg's own assimilation tubes however can penetrate any alloy and energy field according to the Doctor. So I can see the Borg assimilate the Kull soldiers. The symbiot might try to fight off the nanoprobes but in the end it will loose once it becomes assimilated as well. The staff/zat/Kull turbo blasters will be useless after the first few engagements. I don't see them as versatile as Starfleet phasers where you could remodulate frequencies and do all that cool techno babble stuff to it.

I don't think Anubis himself will ever be assimilated. He might be captured and contained in a forcefield. Perhaps the Borg will learn the secrets of ascension from Anubis himself.

Comment

Originally posted by SP90
                                I agree that given enough energy (like the super weapon Anubis used at Abydos), even Borg shields will fail. But if the entire Collective came down on Anubis, I think he'll turn into a free floating dark cloud pretty soon. The Borg has way more ships than Anubis could ever field even if he took over some of the forces from the other System Lords. The Borg collective controls hundreds if not thousands of worlds. Plus the Borg has a transwarp network, a very useful tool when you could move dozen or more ships clear across the galaxy within minutes.

In hand to hand combat, the Kull soldiers will be protected from any energy or projectile weapons because of their armor. The Borg's own assimilation tubes however can penetrate any alloy and energy field according to the Doctor. So I can see the Borg assimilate the Kull soldiers. The symbiot might try to fight off the nanoprobes but in the end it will loose once it becomes assimilated as well. The staff/zat/Kull turbo blasters will be useless after the first few engagements. I don't see them as versatile as Starfleet phasers where you could remodulate frequencies and do all that cool techno babble stuff to it.

I don't think Anubis himself will ever be assimilated. He might be captured and contained in a forcefield. Perhaps the Borg will learn the secrets of ascension from Anubis himself.
                                Assended borg, a scary thought.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X