Replicators vs Borg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HAL View Post
    it all depends which one would win the battle for control of the others subspace link since whoever controls the link controls the species

and tbh the reps seem weak even danien jackson took control for afew seconds and hes just one mind
    He got control using the ascended knowledge digged out by replicarter and was only able to do so because his mind was linked to hers while she searched it. It will not be that simple for the borg.

Who wins comes down to one thing. Can the Borg assimilate a replicater, if they can, they have probably won, if not they are doomed to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by hypochondriac View Post
      Been done before, do a search and you will find it.

I did a seach to see if this has been done before and it hasn't so thats why I posted this

But back to the main point

I think the replicators would win the fight because they were would go on to the Borgs ships and start destroying main systems and then the Borg would try to stop them but couldn't then the lets just say the Borg come in force and destroy the Replicator and the infected Borg ship. The Borg go after the Reps but the reps are fater and will gain numbers very quickly because they can replicate and not just assimalte other tech so in the end I think the rep got the upperhand but who really knows
      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      So whats the worst that could happen?
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Replicators. Because they would take over systems on the borg ship and if the borg tried to interfere the replicators would spit acid in the borg's face and kill them. I don't think they would be able to adapt to that.

: Green is Good.
        sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

As has been said it all depends on if the borg can assimilate the reps

If they can bye bye reps

if they cant then bye bye borg

Comment

I think it's been done before, here and elsewhere, and the Replicators did come ahead of the Borg.
            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
              Replicators. Because they would take over systems on the borg ship and if the borg tried to interfere the replicators would spit acid in the borg's face and kill them. I don't think they would be able to adapt to that.
              Well put and I searched and it didn't come up so thats why I made it
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic
              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

You didn't search well enough then.

http://forum.gateworld.net/search.php?searchid=732303

Comment

I searched the Science and Tech Forum not the General Discuassion or Fun and Games catergory and their are no Rep vs Borg in the Science and Tech

But I think we are getting of topic here so lets get back to the discussion
                  Last edited by fugiman; 17 May 2007, 05:23 PM.
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi guys

I'm from Singapore. If me, I bet on the Replicators.

Comment

Scary thought part II: Borg cubes made of replicator blocks!
                      Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

Originally posted by ascendedancient42 View Post
                        Scary thought part II: Borg cubes made of replicator blocks!
                        Would be most scary in the Star Trek universe, as their weapons would be ineffective no matter how much modulating(wtf) they do.

A cube would really be no more dangerous then a normal replicator ship, hell the human form replicators are so much better then drones it is not worth discussing.

Comment

Yes but borg nanobots are far more efficient

Comment

But the Replicators can adapted to any weapons faster than the borg.

Comment

Just reporting thoughts from another place.

Compare the forces which battled and defeated the Borg, to the forces which battled and defeated the Replicators.

At one point, the Federation became powerful enough to be able to engage Cubes and have a chance to win (and that's without the temporal cheat I mean).

The Asgards never did. The only time they destroyed a Medusa ship was when they had a fleet of O'neill camping close to a hyperspace exit point, and shot at the unshielded Replicator ship. This ship still withstood many shots before being blasted into millions of small pieces... which withstood uncontrolled reentry.

The Asgards have been fighting against the Replicators for far more time than the Federation ever did, and the Asgards have proven to rely at 200% on technology improvement to defeat a superior foe.
                              Above all, they have largely proven to possess technologies largely above what the Federation can do.

This alone put the Replicators far above the Borg.

Even more, the Replicators have shown, multiple times, to be able to adapt to disintegrating weapons.
                              Zats, ancient BFG, Asgard ship mounted pulse cannon, and then the Dakara device; this last one didn't happen because, as mentionned in the show, they (supposedly) had to destroy all the replicators in a single shot, which was the only way to forbid them from adapting to the weapon that could reconfigure and dissemble at the galactic scale, only that.

The Borg never ever approached anything like that.
                              Plus the replicators go through shields, disrupt internal sensors and reproduce way faster than the Borg can.

Borg are owned.
                              Last edited by Mister Oragahn; 19 May 2007, 04:02 AM.
                              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                              X