This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...72184&s=143441

Today the Aquaman pilot (created by the creators of Smallville, which wasn't picked up by The CW for the Fall Schedule) was added to the iTunes music store. It costs $1.99. However, according to one of the customer reviews, it says it doesn't load on to the Video iPod. I want to know if this review is accurate or not.
    sigpic

Comment

Already posted

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=31644

Comment

Watched the pilot. It was awkwardly paced and the characters were likewise "off" but it could have been a fun show anyway, if it had been given time to work out the kinks... and assuming the show's PTB were competent enough to work out those kinks in a reasonable manner.

I kept getting weird vibes of Jackson from Surface (and in the opening scene I was sure it was a Nessie that grabbed Mum) but that's probably 'cos I'm obsessive about Jackson. Although the charter boat thing probably added to the effect. Quint, eh? Nice subtle touch, that. lol

Pity there won't be any more eps, but at the same time I'm not much for the superhero set, so I probably wouldn't have lasted very long in terms of watching.

Comment

I won't even consider viewing the pilot for this. Thought it was a bad idea from the start.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
            I won't even consider viewing the pilot for this. Thought it was a bad idea from the start.
            What?!

Are you saying that Aquaman is a lame "super hero" that no one cares about??!?!

Well with the spoilers from Smallville season 6 they really should take that role and make a spinoff.

And what about Flash! I thought that would make a good spinoff too.

But Aquaman is so great for a spinoff! I mean he talks to fish and... I don't know, but he talks to fish and that's enough for a spinoff!

Comment

Just watched it, thought it was pretty good, it should've been picked up.

And I'm sorry about the duplicate thread in the Smallville Folder, that I created yesterday (just thought it was the best place for it, and I didn't even think of looking in the General SciFi folder for this)
              sigpic

Comment

Customers of iTunes are heavily downloading the pilot episode to the Aquaman TV series by Smallville creators Alfred Gough and Miles Millar.

Aquaman crept up the charts of the most downloaded TV show videos on iTunes, and at last glance, hit the #1 spot. Not bad for a pilot that the CW decided not to go forward with as a series! Word of mouth should keep A.C. at the #1 spot for a few more days.

E! Online has posted an article about the pilot's success and how it is yet another example of online sampling creating a hit. Click here to read that article, titled "Aquaman Going Swimmingly On iTunes."

Comment

They can always pick it up after they cancel 7th Heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
                    They can always pick it up after they cancel 7th Heaven.
                    Agreed
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                      Agreed

In case people didn't get it. I was joknig, 7th Heaven will never end, it will go on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, and they will be watching it for ever just because it's the show that doesn't end....

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        Watched the pilot. It was awkwardly paced and the characters were likewise "off" but it could have been a fun show anyway, if it had been given time to work out the kinks... and assuming the show's PTB were competent enough to work out those kinks in a reasonable manner.
                        Agree with you there, there was something off with some of the characters, especially that of the pilot girl, Ving Rhames, the best friend and the siren chick. Though I think that offness could be due to the acting.

I think the reappearing MIAs was the most appealing aspect of the show.

It would have been nice to have seen their version of Atlantis.

Comment

My buddy downloaded it. I refused to pay for it. I thought it was dumb. I didn't even finish watching. Awkard is a very kind adjective. What is it about this show? The rumors will never die.

Justin Hartley has been cast in a seven episode arc in Smallville this coming season. For spoilerish details, visit Dark Horizons. The role could expand for a few more eps. Aquaman is not happening. The actor has moved on. The network wanted him doing something else.

Comment

The network didn't want him for something else the Smallville people wanted him, the nextwork doesn't do casting.

And it still can be picked up more so if Smallville ends. Just because he is playing a different charater doesn't really mean anything. It's not a true spinoff anyways.

Comment

It's not going to be picked up. The network hated the pilot. Why do folks think it's going to be picked up? It's like the rumor that will never die. It stated most emphatically in the Dark Horizons article that Aquaman was no longer on the table as a midseason replacement. The network brought back 7th Heaven rather than produce Aquaman. That's at least seven episodes for Justin on Smallville. If TPTB like him, it can be optioned for more appearances. Plus, Ving Rhames is not going to sit in limbo forever for an Aquaman pilot that wasn't picked up.

Let poor little Aquaman move on in Smallville. The CW needs to work on developing serious drama pilots if it wants to compete in the mainstream. Aquaman isn't going to do that for the network. At this point, I'm not hopeful about the CW making it past five years as a network; it has a hard road ahead. Ostroff admitted that she's just looking for demographic success this first year. All its shows have a tough road. I don't think we'll see ratings any better than WB or UPN received individually.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
                                In case people didn't get it. I was joknig, 7th Heaven will never end, it will go on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, and they will be watching it for ever just because it's the show that doesn't end....

Where have you been? 7th Heaven is no longer in production. I saw the series finale a few months ago, I think. I think it lasted for like 10 years or something, but it is finally eligible for TV Land.

As to the thread topic... I saw the pilot and I really liked it. It is a shame it won't be a TV series. I felt it could've been very intersting. The whole Aquaman plot, doesn't just center around him talking to fish, it also includes mythologies such as Atlantis, Sea Monsters, and other things. I think it could've been every bit as successful as Smallville. Too bad the execs didn't see it that way.
                                The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                                Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                                My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                                Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Working...
                                X