Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you dont have to have taken a psych course to see how the teen is developing in harry. after all, most people would go through some period of darkness, rebelling, etc. But, as for not going to the dark side, and briefly referring back to the anikin theme before, if you see Ep3, you would know that Ani went to the dark side, partly because of his own desire for power and also for the desire to save Padme. I could imagine Harry trying to do the right thing which may see him crossing the line. He might not be entirely evil, like Ani, who we see later still has shreds of humanity, but he's not perfect anymore either.

I think we saw it begin in GOF, after he experienced Cedric die and the connection to his family and friends. Harry isnt going to turn into the next voldemort, obviously, but sometimes you have to experience the darkness before you can appreciate the light.

Join the Neko Rebellion!!
    http://sgr.hl2files.com

Comment

Harry going bad. I love this topic!!!

In the books, Dumbledore tells Harry that he is protected by his ability to love.
      THat LOVE is the power that Voldermort doesn't know, and will never understand(
      Spoiler:
      given that he's shredded his soul too much to actually experience it
      ).
      For this reason, Harry will never JOIN Voldermort.
      Given that one of his best friends is a muggle born, I think he's unlikely to adopt Voldermort's policies.

However, does this mean Harry will always be sweetness and light. That's tosh. No one is perfect. Harry never was and he never will be.
      Harry could be just as evil as Voldermort, to protect what he loves as
      Spoiler:
      Anakin Skywalker did. Had he not loved Padme so much that he couldn't bear to lose her and had he not had a childhood filled with loss and grief, he could have accepted what happened or averted it.

As to the comment that he worried more over not playing Quidditich than
      Spoiler:
      almost killing Draco, am I the only one who remembers the stunned horror he was in after it happened? or how he desperately babbled, trying to explain he didn't know the spell was lethal?
      When he was punished, he KNEW Malfoy was ok and was healing. So, yes, Quidditch became his main concern.
      Also remember that he tells Hermione that he agrees that what he did was wrong and he should be punished.

As to Snape being cruel and a fiend, He's obviously someone who had a pretty terrible home life.
      Add that to him being picked on by Harry's father(Tho I'm sure Snape did his share), and you get why Harry annoys him so.
      However, throughout the series, Snape has been protecting Harry, NOT trying to harm him.
      Spoiler:
      Does anyone REALLY think Harry stood much of chance in the final duel with Snape in HBP. I don't. Snape was continually blocking Harry's attacks and ONLY struck back when it seems Harry had taunted him one time too many.
      Even then, tho, he didn't use a lethal attack.

Finally, Dumbledore.(this section is in spoilers cause it relies on HBP)
      Spoiler:

Dumbledore does die. I believe this for 2 reasons.
      1)Dumbledore, being the only wizard that Voldermort fears, HAD to die before the end. HE was the last one shielding Harry from Voldermort.
      2)The magic that creates a portrait of the headmasters on their death.
      I also believe he will come back. Why?
      At the funeral, Fawkes flies down to the bier he's on and there's a bright light or fire of some sort.
      Fawkes is a pheonix. Phoenix's die in fire and are reborn from the ashes. I think Fawkes being with Dumbledore then will rebirth both of them.
      But that's just me!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
        Finally, Dumbledore.(this section is in spoilers cause it relies on HBP)
        Spoiler:

Dumbledore does die. I believe this for 2 reasons.
        1)Dumbledore, being the only wizard that Voldermort fears, HAD to die before the end. HE was the last one shielding Harry from Voldermort.
        2)The magic that creates a portrait of the headmasters on their death.
        I also believe he will come back. Why?
        At the funeral, Fawkes flies down to the bier he's on and there's a bright light or fire of some sort.
        Fawkes is a pheonix. Phoenix's die in fire and are reborn from the ashes. I think Fawkes being with Dumbledore then will rebirth both of them.
        But that's just me!!
        Thank you!!! It seemed like no one else thought this!
        Spoiler:
        Although I disagree about him coming back.
        gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
          ... Reckless decisions? Rebelling?

... I must have missed that memo
          Sorry, I didn't say that it's also related to considering consequesnces.
          gatehorse

Comment

Originally posted by neko138
            you dont have to have taken a psych course to see how the teen is developing in harry.
            Never said you did.
            gatehorse

Comment

i wasnt having a pick gatehorse, just adding to your comment.

Join the Neko Rebellion!!
              http://sgr.hl2files.com

Comment

Of course...as to what happens in book 7...it is all speculation up to this point. I'll be waiting for the next one to come out.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatehorse
                  Thank you!!! It seemed like no one else thought this!
                  Spoiler:
                  Although I disagree about him coming back.
                  Sorry, should have clarified, I meant
                  Spoiler:
                  returning in some form. Tho, I'm pretty sure he'll be back in the flesh

Comment

Sorry, should have clarified, I meant
                    Spoiler:
                    returning in some form. Tho, I'm pretty sure he'll be back in the flesh
                    Spoiler:
                    I think his portrait will be it. I doubt he'll be back in the flesh, because no matter how you look at it, you just can't recover from the avada kedavra curse.
                    gatehorse

Comment

Originally posted by gatehorse
                      Spoiler:
                      I think his portrait will be it. I doubt he'll be back in the flesh, because no matter how you look at it, you just can't recover from the avada kedavra curse.
                      Unless that's not what Snape used. Remember...
                      Spoiler:
                      Dubledor didn't react the that avada kedavra the way everyone else it was used on reacted...which was to immediately fall over dead. Plus, Snape doesn't have to say spells out loud. He could've said something else. People also over look Fawkes by Dumbledor's side.
                      However, we'll all have to wait until book 7 to see what happens!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
                        Spoiler:
                        Dubledor didn't react the that avada kedavra the way everyone else it was used on reacted...which was to immediately fall over dead. Plus, Snape doesn't have to say spells out loud. He could've said something else. People also over look Fawkes by Dumbledor's side.
                        Spoiler:
                        the Avada Kedavra curse is always characterised by a flash of green light.
                        DOes anyone remember if there was one when Snape killed Dumbledore??
                        That might answer the question.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
                          Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          I thought he did fall over..didn't he? They were on a tower right? And he fell backwards to the ground? I don't remember there being anything different about his reaction...
                          Good point about Snape, that is something to consider, but just because he doesn't have to say it out loud doesn't mean that when he does say it out loud, it wasn't just as effective. I don't know of any spell he could have said silently that would have protected Dumbledore from the curse.
                          gatehorse

Comment

Spoiler:
                            I doubt Dumbledore will return alive. It's too easy an out and having him return would remove a major angst point in Harry's already angst-ridden life.
                            Plus, at some point the boy is going to have to face the consequences of... everything. Book 7 seems like a good place for it to happen.

And I still say he's going to at least put a toe in the water on the dark side of the pond. So there.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              the Avada Kedavra curse is always characterised by a flash of green light.
                              DOes anyone remember if there was one when Snape killed Dumbledore??
                              That might answer the question.
                              This is true...I don't remember a flash of light, but I will check when I get home this afternoon.

Originally posted by Gatehorse
                              Spoiler:
                              I thought he did fall over..didn't he? They were on a tower right? And he fell backwards to the ground? I don't remember there being anything different about his reaction...
                              Good point about Snape, that is something to consider, but just because he doesn't have to say it out loud doesn't mean that when he does say it out loud, it wasn't just as effective. I don't know of any spell he could have said silently that would have protected Dumbledore from the curse.
                              Yes he
                              Spoiler:
                              did fall off of the tower, however, the book said that when the curse hit him in the chest is was thrown back. Whenever we've seen the avada kedarva curse being used in the past...the person it was used on didn't get thrown back. They simply fell over dead. This wasn't the case with Dumbledor. He was hit in the chest and he flies back when Snape did the curse, and then the book said something about him falling over like a rag doll...which...again...we don't see with any previous times the curse is used

On another note...I was watching CoS last night, and towards the end when Harry gives Lucius Riddle's book and Dobbie opens it and finds a sock...Malfoy is extremely upset at Harry and it sounds like he was going to do the avada kedarva. At least that what sounds like is starting to come out of his mouth before Dobbie does his thing.
                              sigpic

Comment

I tend to agree with Lighsaber's point.
                                Spoiler:
                                Dumbledore may not come back until near the very end of Book 7 since he knows that Harry needs to find it within himself to defeat Voldemort. What better way for Harry to finally snap and push himself to learn everything he can to defeat Voldemort if he believes Dumbledore is dead.
                                All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                                Pay it forward

Comment

Working...
                                X