Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 1989 Batman film was great but Batman Begins is greater still so it gets my vote.

Comment

Now I'm being honest, Batman Begins is the only Batman movie I've seen straight through (I think). But I know, it's the best Batman movie of all of them.
      sigpic

Comment

Yep Batman Begins towers over the others, dealing the true feel of Batman intended by the comics. And there is going to be a sequel [spoilers] involving the Joker, (wasnt the guy who killed his parents the joker, and their names were the same) apparently the guy who played "nightfox" (or something like that) in Oceans 12 is one of the people lined up to play him.[/spoiler]
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I never read the Batman comics, so it's a suprise to me.
          sigpic

Comment

yet to see Begins yet , but i will see it soon!!!

of the other four, i would have to say Forever is my fave... but my fave bad "guy" always has been, and always will be Catwoman
            I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
            sigpic

Comment

My current favourite is Batman (1989). But I've yet to see Begins, so I might change my mind. From what I've heard, it's the best so far.
              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                My current favourite is Batman (1989). But I've yet to see Begins, so I might change my mind. From what I've heard, it's the best so far.
                It is definitly the least cartoony and has the best Commissioner Gordon, the best Alfred, the best batcave, the best explanation of the batgear and the best "why the heck is he playing this tiny bit part" guest star. IMHO ofcourse
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                  Yep Batman Begins towers over the others, dealing the true feel of Batman intended by the comics. And there is going to be a sequel [spoilers] involving the Joker, (wasnt the guy who killed his parents the joker, and their names were the same) apparently the guy who played "nightfox" (or something like that) in Oceans 12 is one of the people lined up to play him.[/spoiler]
                  The deal about the Joker having killed his parents was simply a creation of the 1989 movie. In the comics (and as I understand it, Batman Begins), random street thugs killed his parents.
                  Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Well there should be a poll added in a while. I just asked the mods to add one (in the Ask a mod thread).
                    sigpic

Comment

Batman Begins by FAR
                      sigpic
                      Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp
                        Batman Begins by FAR
                        Same here.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

How long will the poll last? I'm going to watch Batman Begins this week, so I'll reserve judgement till then.
                          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

batman begins is the best for me, followed by batman and batman forever on sheer fun

batman 2 was a bit too burton for me and batman and robin was....silly
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Batman 2???? do you mean Batman Returns with the Penguin and Catwoman?
                              I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                                How long will the poll last?
                                Forever, I think
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X