Charmed : Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skritsys
    Piper has got to be the best thing on the show, her and Leo totally make it a show worth watching. My wife and I watch the show every day.
    True. Without her the other two would just be selfish underdressed chicken heads who can't work out their feelings. She's the glue of sanity and reason that holds it all together.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I wish they would do after the show of course, if they did a Charmed movie!
      All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
      Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
        True. Without her the other two would just be selfish underdressed chicken heads who can't work out their feelings. She's the glue of sanity and reason that holds it all together.
        Same way Prue did. Shame she got on my nerves so bad..... On the other hand Paige's "nasaly" blocked nose voice is a quite annoying.... And Phoebe's rubbish love life every season..... and piper..... dang. i've got nothing right now!! I'll be back...

I wish they didn't (S5)
        Spoiler:
        kill off Cole
        He was hardcore cool... Now we've only got a (S7)
        Spoiler:
        powerless
        Leo!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
          That's what I mean. They changed their appearances, faked their deaths, etc. So, I wonder how they get past the personal gain thing? Also...if the Elders are these supreme beigns (or some form thereof) how do they not know that the Charmed Ones were still alive?
          simple, they weren'texpecting for the sisters to survive, so they didn't bother trying to confirm their deaths....
          I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
            Same way Prue did. Shame she got on my nerves so bad..... On the other hand Paige's "nasaly" blocked nose voice is a quite annoying.... And Phoebe's rubbish love life every season..... and piper..... dang. i've got nothing right now!! I'll be back...

I wish they didn't (S5)
            Spoiler:
            kill off Cole
            He was hardcore cool... Now we've only got a (S7)
            Spoiler:
            powerless
            Leo!
            This brings me to Supernatural. I was complaining there is not any regular female role on the show, making the 'male fest' not so entertaining. Now on Charmed, im pretty sure the female viewers are having a big question mark over head because they are seeing less and less Leo every episode, and he is the only main regular guy on the show!
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

true... but as the boys get older and older, they will appear more, especially when the sisters have to start training them to use their powers....

maybe pheobe's new beau will stick awhile
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                This brings me to Supernatural. I was complaining there is not any regular female role on the show, making the 'male fest' not so entertaining. Now on Charmed, im pretty sure the female viewers are having a big question mark over head because they are seeing less and less Leo every episode, and he is the only main regular guy on the show!
                I don't know that it's lack of attractive opposite sex people to perv on, I think it's more of the fact there are almost on women on supernatural and the ones that are turn out to be weepy, angry or useless.
                On charmed, all the men are evil, or powerless(like Leo and their dad).
                I think both shows need a little sexual equality.
                Give Leo his powers back. Bring a chick into the dynamic in supernatural.
                Even it up a little bit. THe premise of charmed is 3 sister witches. That doesn't need to change. THe most popular season was 6, I believe, with Leo and Chris as well as the sisters.
                The premise of supernatural is 2 brothers who fight evil. THat doesn't need to change. Give one of them agirlfriend or something. It will make things like sneaking into a sorority house easier, for one!

Comment

the younger brother had a girlfriend, but it was killed by the same thing that killed their mom....

and not all demons on Charmed were men... there were both Seers, the Siren, the Banshie, the Furies, that thing in the mirror... as well as many other evil women.... now as for Leo, he fell out of Grace, that's why he lost his powers. He's not gonna get new ones, he's completely mortal, he isn't even welcomed by the Avitars anymore, where do you suggest he get powers from?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ayan
                    the younger brother had a girlfriend, but it was killed by the same thing that killed their mom....

and not all demons on Charmed were men... there were both Seers, the Siren, the Banshie, the Furies, that thing in the mirror... as well as many other evil women.... now as for Leo, he fell out of Grace, that's why he lost his powers. He's not gonna get new ones, he's completely mortal, he isn't even welcomed by the Avitars anymore, where do you suggest he get powers from?
                    For Supernatural, I meant a recurring or cast character as a girlfriend or something. Just put a woman in there.
                    I did not say all the charmed villians were men, I said all the men on the show were either powerless or villans.
                    There is a difference.
                    As to where Leo get's powers from, he could re-ascend to be an elder/whitelighter, for one.
                    There are many ways the writer could give him new powers if they chose. Instead, they've just castrated the character.

Comment

The guy in the episode "Little Monsters" took potions to get powers, Leo with a great deal more magical knowledge could do the same, without the risk of turning into a monster, appearance wise that is, there has to be something in magic school to give him limited power.

Comment

It's a show about magic, anything is possible. Remember we all thought Cole had lost his powers. Twice. But got them back each time. But with Leo's diminished role, i doubt it. It's down to the sisters and phoebe's "man of the month" be he demon, human, witch, dead or the source.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Ayan
                          simple, they weren'texpecting for the sisters to survive, so they didn't bother trying to confirm their deaths....
                          But they are Elders...they should be able to sense them...just as they can hear when the sisters call for them. Of course...there is also the issue of making that one man see himself as old...I thought they weren't suppose to punish people.
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Well, after Paige's conversation with the Elder last night...I was under the impression that they Elder's knew what the Charmed Ones were doing when they went into hiding. So, we'll have to see! Now, I can't wait to see next week's episode!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                              This may sound Sexist but personally I enjoy them wearing very little.......... I know, I know I'm sexist pig. But I wouldn't exactly call Piper Sane. Totally and completely Wacko maybe.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

While we're on the subject of sanity, you gotta love the character of Cole, he's just so cool especially in the later seasons. I especially remember two quotes:
                                Cole: WOULD YOU JUST LET ME NOT DIE IN PEACE!!!
                                and
                                Piper: What happend to you Cole?
                                Cole: Me?... Gone mad.
                                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X