No announcement yet.

Charmed : Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. They fired/they left atleast one of the higher ups.

Comment

New episode coming up this Sunday! Looks like it may be a good one!
      sigpic

Comment

"Charmed, I'm sure." Much better eye candy than Buffy, IMHO, naturally. I liked and watched it until these last 2 years. It was never really the same after Cole went bye-bye for good. Even the last time the character did show, it was just a blatant attempt to bring back some fans. Um...it didn't work.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

To be honest i was a fan of the show and still watch it now, but this year its even worse than last year. Im finding myself not watching it much anymore altough i'll proberley watch the last episode just for old times sake.
          STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
          legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Maybe if the WB wasn't so ^&%$(*& stupid, and didn't reduce the budget each year...things would've been better. Who knows, but I still love the show. I'm glad that there's a new episode this Sunday! YAY!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcfc
              To be honest i was a fan of the show and still watch it now, but this year its even worse than last year. Im finding myself not watching it much anymore altough i'll proberley watch the last episode just for old times sake.
              I loved S4, but S5 I felt was a nose dive... Like they had no idea what to do with Paige... S6 was nice, but I only really liked the finale of that year... S7 was good up until Carpe Demon... The Seven Year Witch was decent... This year has been ok, I do enjoy the Billie/Christy & The Key thing... bringing back Cupid, The Angel Of Death, The Avatars, The Angel Of Destiny, and Homeland Security was nice... And hey, Paige can heal...

But this season still lacks from what S4 had...

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
                I loved S4, but S5 I felt was a nose dive... Like they had no idea what to do with Paige... S6 was nice, but I only really liked the finale of that year... S7 was good up until Carpe Demon... The Seven Year Witch was decent... This year has been ok, I do enjoy the Billie/Christy & The Key thing... bringing back Cupid, The Angel Of Death, The Avatars, The Angel Of Destiny, and Homeland Security was nice... And hey, Paige can heal...

But this season still lacks from what S4 had...

Mattathias

Yeah I agree, Some of the earlier seasons were alot better. It seems that they are slowly running out of storys to tell.

I missed this weeks episode because I forgot it was on, shows how much I've enjoyed this series.

STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Well, look at A Knight To Remember and Happily Ever After... How Paige had a past life as a fairy tale... and then the next year, she doesn't care... I felt that was such a cop-out.

It was never ever explained how Chris Perry aka Chris Halliwell was able to have powers before he was even concieved. Or how in just that same year, how the Charmed Ones would just abandon logic, and common sense about their magical lives. Also silly, and I felt even Piper was somewhat out of character that year.

Season 7 started out really great with the Avatar Plot (originally began in early Season 5... and important to the landmark 100th episode), but then they went thru that one way to quickly, and it ended only when half the season aired... After Charmageddon, it reverted back to episodes we have seen in early Season 6, and throughout Season 5, until Death Becomes Them and Something Wicca This Way Goes.

Overall, I'd most definately purchase Seasons 1-4 hands down... but Seasons 5-8 are questionable. There are many "landmark" episodes in the later seasons, but the chemistry (and point of the episodes) is lost.

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by bcfc
                    I missed this weeks episode because I forgot it was on, shows how much I've enjoyed this series.

Well, you missed a good one. Although I'm not looking forward to the end...the next few weeks' episodes look like they're gonna be good.
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Who on Charmed has sorceress blood in her vains?

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
                        Spoiler:
                        Who on Charmed has sorceress blood in her vains?

Mattathias
                        I'm not certain...however...I do have a thought on that...
                        Spoiler:
                        It could be Paige since in season 4 it was revealed that she was an Evil Enchantress in a past life. However, there is some discussion in other Charmed forums that it could be Billie. If it were Paige and she made the ultimate sacrifice...then that would effectively end the Power of Three. Since Billie is considered to be a part of the ultimate power...or the last "big bad evil...if you will...maybe she has a change of heart of sorts and gives her life to protect the sisters.
                        sigpic

Comment

Looks like tonight will be another good episode!

Spoiler:
                          Looks like Paige and Henry aren't speaking...or being open with one another about their fears of being married. Christy and Billie are becoming more of a threat to the sister! Who could ask for a better last couple of episodes.

Click here for a indepth run down of tonight's show
                          sigpic

Comment

Tonight's episode impresses me in at least one regard so far. They finally acknowledged
                            Spoiler:
                            via Christy that the Charmed ones haven't helped anyone lately and really have only been helping themselves. They may not be evil but they certainly have been very self serving.
                            I had thought the writers hadn't noticed they'd been writing it that way.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                              Tonight's episode impresses me in at least one regard so far. They finally acknowledged
                              Spoiler:
                              via Christy that the Charmed ones haven't helped anyone lately and really have only been helping themselves. They may not be evil but they certainly have been very self serving.
                              I had thought the writers hadn't noticed they'd been writing it that way.
                              Spoiler:
                              If you call being self-serving wanting a normal life, wanting love, wanting a spouse, and wanting children...which is a point that Billie tried to make.

The previews for next week's episode look pretty good as well. Only three more episodes left!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
                                Spoiler:
                                If you call being self-serving wanting a normal life, wanting love, wanting a spouse, and wanting children...which is a point that Billie tried to make.

Oh I get the point and I understand it but my point is that they haven't been helping any innocents lately and when they have used their powers the benefit has largely been for themselves. It's not even what they do but the way they think. They've been largely thinking about what they want nearly to exclusion of all else.

There's nothing wrong with wanting the things they do but Phoebe leaves her sisters to deal with issues everytime she sees a hot guy, has a date etc. Phoebe more so than any of the others has been very absorbed in her own affairs. Paige has been doing OK. Piper is justified but she hasn't much thought of anything but her own little world in a while.
                                Last edited by MarshAngel; 01 May 2006, 09:37 AM.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Working...
                                X