No announcement yet.

Charmed : Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=immhotep]i love the new series of charmed but i have a few issue with it in general
    WHY the other actors in the mirror,are they away alot and need replacements??
    wheres darrel?[QUOTE]

I think he isnt supposed to be in it anymore for some reason. Altough they could have explained where he has gone at some point.

STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
    legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by bcfc
      Series 8 episode 2

After seeing this episode I'm still wondering where there going with the show now. I mean come on you have a teen who can take out whats left of the underworld with a Knife and some fancy dancing.

Plus apart from that we dont even know what powers she has if she has any?

Billie is telekenetic
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
        i love the new series of charmed but i have a few issue with it in general
        WHY the other actors in the mirror,are they away alot and need replacements??
        wheres darrel? if paige wanted to be a cop then they should of gone to him right

love the new girl, love wyatts little fight scene, just gotta love that boy.
        to the who's cooler ppl: wyatt, paige, pheobe, piper then leo. JMO.

Remember at the end of Season 7 the girls faked their deaths. They changed their appearance so they could hopefully lead a normal life. Then in the beginning of this season, they made it so that their family members and friends could see them as they really appear, yet everyone else will see them with their new faces. So, the other actors you see in the mirror are there to remind viewers that is how others see the sisters.

I think they mentioned that Darrel moved, and Paige is only on the cop thing for one episode...I think.
        sigpic

Comment

Honestly. What is wrong with the people who write this show? Isn't this the third time three hot girls try to steal the charmed ones powers? The first thing I said after the two minute intro my first word was "AGAIN?"

But to make matters worse, at the climax of the show, once again the demons are just stand around waiting, as if captivated for Billie to say the magic words that kill them. Have these demons no sense of self preservation??

Of all the opportunities and reasons for Phoebe to move out of the house she figures now is the best time? Now that her brother-in-law is gone and her sister is grieving; nitwit Billie needs constant supervision; and an Elder took the time to drop by and point out that a new evil is coming their way. Of course. Makes perfect sense.

Best things about this episode:
          Billy was less annoying... although I had to agree with all the things demon sisters had to say about her.
          Paige and her Pretty boy toy. He always was hot.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
            Best things about this episode:
            Billy was less annoying... although I had to agree with all the things demon sisters had to say about her.
            Paige and her Pretty boy toy. He always was hot.
            Hes no Leo replacement by any means, but i've always liked him ever since his character on Crossing Jordan. Cool Guy, and at least he fits Paige (chemistry wise), unlike past guys she has fiddled with.
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
              I came across this review, which while cruel accurately sums up this last episode: http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com...=13&story=8689

It also made me wonder. Why Billie? I know the show is grasping at straws but her presence is like a glaring question mark of why??... that and she's annoying. But I still can't wrap my mind around why is she more powerful than the sisters, and let's face it, she is. This new power of hers is the ultimate slap in the face to the charmed ones abilities or the need for their existence. If any single witch can be powerful enough to just speak a spell into being their "specialness" is certainly diminished, especially powerless phoebe who hasn't done anything useful in forever besides whine about her marital status, and none of them have gained any new powers either.

I was going to mention the Mr & Mrs. Smith thing, but it's actually one of thier less ridiculous rip offs.
              The writers got lazy with Billie, imho.
              If they had made her a guy, there would be far more tension, gender dynamics, things like that.
              It would have the potential for some really good character growth for all 4 of them.
              As it is, it's simply same old, same old. Really powerful witch yadda yadda, gets insulted or angry with a man, blah blah, saves world, blows up demon.

Comment

to me the end of season 7 was the best series finale I've ever read (in Australia...a little behind the times) and I couldn't imagine there being any more life left in the series. I'm anxious about season 8. I've been watching the show since it started and there have been changes handled very well (Prue-Paige) so I don't doubt they'll pull it off - at first.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz
                  to me the end of season 7 was the best series finale I've ever read (in Australia...a little behind the times) and I couldn't imagine there being any more life left in the series. I'm anxious about season 8. I've been watching the show since it started and there have been changes handled very well (Prue-Paige) so I don't doubt they'll pull it off - at first.
                  Oh wow, the season 7 finale may sound pretty wow, but it was nothing that special compared to some previous season finale's of Charmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                    Oh wow, the season 7 finale may sound pretty wow, but it was nothing that special compared to some previous season finale's of Charmed.
                    Your name sounds familiar (from a book or something)... But anyways...

Since S5 I have felt Charmed has been going a slow hill to complete and utter silliness. Plus, since that time, there have been many, many slight inconsistences within the series (which often are never mentioned again).

Some examples include: Their grandmother being the "Demon Hunter" or whatever (stated in S6)... Paige's disbelief in "fairy tales" in early S5... and Richard's wish in S6...

So I watch new episodes whenever I can, but it seems after S4... They have been taking a long nap. It seems they are too focused on witches that are sisters, rather than sisters that are witches.

Mattathias

Comment

If you read a chunk of previous posts in this thread, you'll find that your not the only one who thinks the writers arent really working that hard to have continuity.

(and yes, my name is from the Silmarillion)

Paige's misbelief in fairy tales in early season 5?! Tell me more (i purposely missed the beginning of the season.)

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                        I didn't mean that in the sense of a season finale, I meant series finale, as in the end of the show. I've seen/read some flat last episodes of shows over the years but that was a v. good transcript. If they had ended it on that episode, I would have been one happy camper. Season 8 sounds a little desperate to me.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz
                          I didn't mean that in the sense of a season finale, I meant series finale, as in the end of the show. I've seen/read some flat last episodes of shows over the years but that was a v. good transcript. If they had ended it on that episode, I would have been one happy camper. Season 8 sounds a little desperate to me.
                          I actually agree... somewhat. The thing i would have changed is probably the whole 'snapping' glamour... the problem wasnt the glamour, but it was the snapping, haha...

Also... Astral Projection felt really unspecial when this episode finished for me, since we learn that it can be learned by anyone.

Comment

well a lot of people claim to be able to astral project in real life anyway. altho it does cheapen the power, considering it seemed to be Prue's thing.

Comment

I just want to know how in one episode Leo can be beaten up by Demons, but in season 6... Jesus, he was shooting lighting out of his fingertips like it was going out of style Bible-style. My mouth literally hit the floor because he was freakin' God-like right there.

Comment

Ah! New Charmed Question:

Who was your favorite villian? You can chose your top 3 if you want.

Comment

Working...
                                X