X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSG
    SG-1
    SGA

I actually usually prefer SGA over SG-1 but we all know Sheppard's going to survive (like Siege II) so really, not the most suspenseful of cliffhangers.

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
      BSG
      SG-1
      SGA

I actually usually prefer SGA over SG-1 but we all know Sheppard's going to survive (like Siege II) so really, not the most suspenseful of cliffhangers.
      I know lol. Cliffhangers where you're supposed to wonder whether the main character is going to die are getting old! He's the MAIN character for crying out loud, and it's season 2!

1. SG-1 - better cliffhanger even though we know that everyone will be cures. Still, a plague a problem of a bigger scale.
      2. SGA

I don't watch BSG

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
        SGA just absolutely sucked as a finale, it would have been a mediocre episode regularly but as the summer finale was pathetic. SG-1 was pretty good, better premise and acting. but nothing can compare to BSG. not only is it the best show on television right now, and 100 times better than SG-1 and SGA, that finale was awesome! for one, unlike SGA finale, you actually are left in suspense and tension and actually care about what is going to happen in the second part.
        Just about sums up my thoughts as well. The BSG finale was one awesome piece of TV, the other two shows came nowhere near close.

Comment

1. BSG (9.0 / 10)
          2. Sg-1 (6.8 / 10)
          3. Sga (6.5 / 10)

BSG was in a class by itself as intense, entertaining, surprising, thought-provoking, television. I can't wait to see the second half. The Stargates were nice episodes and I enjoyed them but I'm not waiting wth bated breath for the conclusion to either episode. I put SG-1 slightly ahead of SGA because I thought the premise was more interesting.
          Last edited by keshou; 27 September 2005, 04:59 AM. Reason: bated not baited. sheesh...
          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

BSG had Adama vs. Cain. What else do we need?

SG1 was a good ending - lots of people in jeopardy, no way to figure out how the team will save the world this time. Kept me interested.

SGA - well, we had Sheppard in mortal peril as a cliffhanger, again. Ya think they could have come up with something a wee bit interesting - or have Madam Wraith say they don't want to kill him, but have something "else" in mind. I always think of, "I am Lecutis of Borg" (forgive spelling) as one of the all time shocker cliffhangers - too bad TPTB couldn't have come up with something really out of the box.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
              BSG had Adama vs. Cain. What else do we need?

SG1 was a good ending - lots of people in jeopardy, no way to figure out how the team will save the world this time. Kept me interested.

SGA - well, we had Sheppard in mortal peril as a cliffhanger, again. Ya think they could have come up with something a wee bit interesting - or have Madam Wraith say they don't want to kill him, but have something "else" in mind. I always think of, "I am Lecutis of Borg" (forgive spelling) as one of the all time shocker cliffhangers - too bad TPTB couldn't have come up with something really out of the box.
              its Locutus, spelling forgiven . but you are right, SGA seems intent on beating every possible cliche to death. I think they are on a mission to get canceled.

Comment

Well, I don't watch SGA, so no idea there.

I am very sad to say though that I found the finale of BSG to be absolutely enthralling and I'm desperate for January to find out what happens to our heroes next and cannot wait for the S2 boxset to come out so I can relive all the wonderful moments this season has given me...

...SG1? As is becoming more and more the case, I found it very much the same old, same old and by the end of it really couldn't fire up much emotion to care about what happened next. Believe me, I hate saying that. But increasingly, it has to be said, I watch BSG and SG1 each week and the former gives me all the entertainment, great characters and intriguing, suspensful storylines and humour that SG1 used to envoke for me while SG1 just bores me for an hour.

The finales were no different and continued that trend.

I'm still not giving up on SG1 - I'm reserving total judgement until the S9 finale and when I've seen them all on TV instead of sometimes poor quality downloads. The latter miss out on a lot of nuances and detail that can often change my opinion of an episode entirely when I view it a second time, later, on TV and see all that I previously missed. So any opinions I express up to that point are subject to a complete U-turn. It's happened that way more than once in the past with episodes I loathed or was bored by on a first or second showing suddenly hitting the spot and becoming firm favourites. I'm really, really hoping this proves the case with S9.

But for now, BSG is winning hands down and, even though I'm delighted that I have this great show brightening up my week, it makes me sad, too, that SG1 isn't doing it for me in the same way as it always has in the past.

Albion
                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

SG-1
                  SG-A

Pass on BSG, dont pay attention when its on.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                  X