Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang, well if the cute seamonster aint going to be on the show anymore, whats the point of the stupid kid. I mean without the seamonster he is just a stupid uninteresting kid.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Yesssss! Half-nekkid boytoy AND he's rich! Who needs ugly lumps when you've got a big wad of cash? And he's a sweetheart, too.

This ep is definitely looking up. Although how FAR up remains to be seen.
      Scruffy, ugly stick boy...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
        Scruffy, ugly stick boy...
        Just means he's all MINE and I don't have to fight anyone to keep him.

Comment

Awww...Nim left That was sad.

Lets see...now Stickboy needs to shave and eat cheeseburgers.

I think the reason why
          Spoiler:
          Doc and Rich fall to the bottom of the ocean in weeks to come is because stickboy was weak...and didn't eat his cheeseburgers. Then a big gust of wind came and blew him away. This cause Doc and Rich to fall to the bottom of the ocean and come face to face with Nim's Mom!
          sigpic

Comment

Just means he's all MINE and I don't have to fight anyone to keep him.
            Oh lordy! You can have him!

But it was sad to see Nim go. Maybe Nim will go visit Doc, Skinny StickBoyToy, and Rich. Hmmm...maybe!
            sigpic

Comment

Bah. Doc and Hick fall to the bottom of the trench because I am busy ravaging Stickboy, who forgets all about the stupid, self-absorbed Doc and her stupid, self-absorbed not-a-boyfriend hick.

Comment

Bah. Doc and Hick fall to the bottom of the trench because I am busy ravaging Stickboy, who forgets all about the stupid, self-absorbed Doc and her self-absorbed Hick not-a-boyfriend.
                But you hear StickBoyToy say that he and doc had "a little somethin'!"

Bad mental image of Doc with a broom!
                sigpic

Comment

He had a little somethin' with the Doc, but he'll have a LOT of somethin' with me. I'll be sure to keep him... fully occupied.

The writers might be willing to waste him on being pathetically in love with a woman he can never have... again... but I'll put him to good use.

He's still one of the more interesting characters on the show. Sadly. He isn't as ridiculously self-absorbed as the others.

He's just all absorbed with the Doc, instead.

Gotta do something about that...

Comment

Smart, attractive women have much sway amongst the menfolk.

I missed the last half of it, had to go make money. Nim left? I think I'm done with the show. Doc may be attractive, but I'd like to think it takes a little more than that to keep my attention. Like cool CGI lizards with attitude.

So why/how did Nim leave? And what was with the electricity loving plant?
                    Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

spoilers for episode whatever (why the hell can't they name the damn things?):
                      Spoiler:
                      It was the typical scene you get with every "boy bonds with wild animal" movie- in the end, there's the teary goodbye as the boy insists to the confused critter that his place is in the wild and he must go.

Nim dutifully swam away, but I wouldn't write him out of the picture just yet.

Gotta say, I was half expecting Nim's mummy to show up in that scene, bursting out of the water to show all the fools on the beach just how big the gators can get.

The "frankenflower" that Cirko had took over the inside of the fridge, spreading green viney tentacles all through the inside of the fridge and then out along the electrical cord and into the wall socket.

Again, I was mildly surprised. I thought the flower came from a deep sea vent- superheated. I figured putting it in the fridge would kill it. Obviously I misundrestood.

Comment

I loved Jackson's self pronounced name for the flower, "frankenflower" or however you spell it. This show maybe bad for some people, but at least the show gives us interesting names to come up with, the viewers and the writers. Interesting names does not include Frodo though.
                        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

well if the pretty thing gets called Frankenflower I don't suppose we could steal from a scifi movie and call the big guys Frankenfish?

You've got to admit though, nitpicking this series is much more fun than gushing over it... especially when they make it so easy. That whole Free Willy/Nim thing at the end was a bit much for me. I will miss Nim, being the life of the party as he is, but there was just no need for the big emotion. It's not like I can seriously sympathize with dumbest prison fodder teenager on the planet and his loss of the love of his life.

I was hoping Nim would put on a big glowy show at the end there.... oh well. I'm going to assume he'll be back to save his boytoy from his fellow Frankenfish one day.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

...So, apparently The Evil Government Conspiracy(tm) has been keeping this invasion under wraps for FOUR YEARS?!
                            I'm gonna be banging my head against the wall for a while. Excuse me.
                            Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                            I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                            What have these years left to me?
                            Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Well at least they're behaving like the real government. It's an ecological problem, no biggie. As long as they're not intelligent fish planning to swim up the Potomac and light up the White House like a Christmas tree... it's not a threat. It's not as if they're doing anything to the planet we weren't going to do anyway.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Not doing anything YET. Spooky's discussion with "The Gardener" (as the closed cap calls him) seems to indicate that the gov't now believes that it is JUST an ecological threat. That leads me to believe there's more to it.

I should think their abiklity to wipe out power from whole city blocks and fry electronics should be a big concern. That isn't just ecological.

And from a scapegoat standpoint, the gov't can always point at the Nessies and blame global warming on THEM. "Oh, we weren't doing anything WRONG, it was all the sea monsters's fault! They screwing up the planet for everyone! Let's kill 'em all and solve global warming through massive death and violence! After all, it's the American Way!"

Comment

Working...
                                X