No announcement yet.

"Sliders" Discussion /Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it died such a painful death...i really don't think there's a story they could write that i'd want to see.
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
      it died such a painful death...i really don't think there's a story they could write that i'd want to see.
      Agreed. This wasn't one of those quick hurried tie ups to a series. It was a slow torturous, painful, death. Anything added to that would be like flogging the rotted corpse of a long dead donkey.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

not if they bring back Quinn and the oringal crew Thats a movie I'd want to see.
        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

unless they plan on bringing back Quinn, Wade and the Professor, no.

once the professor left in my mind the show slowly stated to gown hill. then Wade left and then Quinn, it wasn't the same. the only good thing by the end was that Rembrandt hadn't left.

sigpic

Comment

There was talk a few years ago from the original producers of the show to do a big screen version of Sliders, which would reunite the original cast, but ignore the series for the most part (namely most of season 3-5). However it never came to be for some reason. A shame too, cause I'd love to see it.

Comment

Yes it is a shame.
              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

No, not after the way it was destroyed. I might not mind a movie if it was original, using the series premise, but that could be bad too...
                It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

God i loved this show when it was on Fox!!!! I watched it every friday up untill when they canceled it. I just recently bought the dvds of season 1-3 and it's been fun refreshing my memory of this once great show.

IMO, when they lost John-Rhys Davis and Sabrina Lloyd they condemed the show to death. I've only watched one ep from season 4(which i didn't fully watch) and one ep from seaon 5 and both i didn't like at all. The one where they switched Quinns was was just LAME and if i had Sci-fi channel back then i woulda stopped watchin right there.

P.S. I listened to the Pilot comentary and they talked about how Stargate "copied" their wormhole effect. They must be hopped on somethin cause the Stargate wormhole is NOTHING like the Sliders wormhole.
                  Last edited by Jedted; 30 May 2006, 10:28 PM.

Comment

I loved the show Sliders. Especially the first few seasons.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

yeah it started off good but I lost intrest after season 2

Comment

yeah i've got all three series on dvd. It was a good scfi show intill the ideas got stupid and they killed off all the main characters.
                        STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                        legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

You might say that Sliders was my first TV Series that I followed.

The first 2 season were fantastic ! But then came season 3 around, it was alright the first part of the season, the second part was awful. Season 4 was nothing better !

Season 5 however, I always felt that was closer to the second season. Those were interesting stories, not as good at the first 2 seasons, but it was pretty decent.

Still, I will collect all seasons on DVD. So here's hoping something more will come out.
                          Beckett: How come I never make friends like that ?
                          McKay: You need to get out more.
                          Beckett: We're in another galaxy, how much out do you get ?
                          - Atlantis: "The Rising"

Comment

I enjoyed Sliders immensely, I believe it was the first sci fi show ever that I was interested in. I remember watching the first three seasons and about half of season four. I was devastated when they killed off the Professor, I remember it was the first TV show I ever cried over. Considering Sliders ran in the early nineties when I was just getting into highschool I can see why. I watched some of season 5 as well but after they started into the whole Cro mag crap and then the double Quinns and especially after Jerry O'Connell left the show, I just wasn't into it anymore. I adore Jerry O'Connell, I love his character Woody on Crossing Jordan and I remember I was quite delighted when I stumbled across the show about a year ago and saw that he was a recurring character on the show. I like the show itself, but I know my viewing is enhanced by my enjoying Jerry O'Connell as an actor.

I have bought the first three seasons on DVD, because IMO those are the best episodes of the show and some of the best Sci Fi television period. But the show could have gone so much better if they just ended it in season 4 and had them go home. The show had a good run and a good idea but you can only beat a dead horse for so long. Taking it off of Fox was also a major mistake and of course the creator leaving the show doesn't help either. I didn't know some of the reasons why the various actors, like Sabrina Lloyd and John Rhys Davies left the show until I read this thread. I just didn't know about any of the background stuff, now I want to go listen to the commentarys on the DVD's and hear about them pratting on about Stargate stealing their wormhole. They aren't even remotely the same graphic effect and I am sure Bruce Wooloshyn at Rainmaker would be insulted to hear that.

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
                            Photobucket

Comment

Never really bought into this one, didn't grab me
                              sigpic
                              "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

From my user name it's obvious that I'm a fan of Sliders.

Great concept and show for the first couple of seasons and some of season 3 but it really just tanked so quickly all the sudden when they just end up trying to remake bad movies instead of more interesting new episodes.

When SciFi picked up the show for season 4 and 5 (which I didn't get the chance to see until much later), it was really quite a different show with a different purpose than the original finding a way home thing.

People should try to catch the season 1 and 2 episodes (they were both short seasons so there are only about 24) when SciFi do another marathon at some point.
                                I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Working...
                                X