• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dumper View Post
    oh okay, sorry, than i guess this can be closed
    sigpic

Comment

Ive noticed how every one of them seems to fall in love with a new person every few worlds..........

Comment

I always loved Sliders and I actually like Season 1-4. I was about 12 when watching it and had no idea about what could go on behing the scenes, but at the moment where the Guy coming out of the Vortex wasnt Quinn, that was the moment Sliders died officially for me. Up till then I had hopes that the others can return. To top it off the Black Scientist since our Quinn got dumb, it was just wrong.

I didnt even know that it is going to be the last Episode as Remy jumped in the Vortex. I kept watching the re-runs for months just to find out what happened to him.

I dont really get why some hate the Kromaggs so much. I actually agree that every Show needs some sort of Villain and the Kromaggs would have been great if they wouldnt have been portrayed to powerful.
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

For me, I started to go off Sliders when they started to get rid of the original characters. I didn't like Beckett that much, hated when Arturo left and Wade, didn't like Colin nor the two replacement season 5 characters when the O'Connell's left. It was disappointing that Crying Man was the only original character to last all five seasons.

sigpic

Comment

Yes, I loved Sliders. We watched it every weekend with my parents. I know Season 1 and 2 by heart... but I pretend that Season 3 - 5 never existed!
            sigpic

Comment

After Quinn left the show lost all of it's zip.
              sigpic
              Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

I thought it lost a lot of it's zip when the professor left. I hated that they made him suddenly sick and killed him off. They could have just had him miss the slide and we could have had hope we'd meet him again.
                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

^ Now that would have been a good idea! 4thDoctorthumb.gif
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                    I thought it lost a lot of it's zip when the professor left. I hated that they made him suddenly sick and killed him off. They could have just had him miss the slide and we could have had hope we'd meet him again.
                    Actually there was hope. That one wasnt the real Professor, they messed up along the way and left the real one in some Dimension of the first Season. The writers confirmed that.
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I wonder why they never followed up on that?
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm in the middle of a Sliders re-watch, which has rekindled my love of the show, and was curious if there are any other fans out there.

I'm currently in S3, about to watch "Sole Survivors". ZOMBIES!!!
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

check. long ago back in high school. no die-hard fan though, only sporadic watching (first half of the series only, iirc). kinda pissed me off that they killed off the professor

Spoiler:
                          later on some advanced evil aliens with inter-dimensional communication & travel capabilities captured the hero's g/f, at this point my real life got a bit more hectic so I stopped watching

may be tempted to resume later on

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                            check. long ago back in high school. no die-hard fan though, only sporadic watching (first half of the series only, iirc). kinda pissed me off that they killed off the professor
                            Yeah, that pissed me off too.

Spoiler:
                            later on some advanced evil aliens with inter-dimensional communication & travel capabilities captured the hero's g/f, at this point my real life got a bit more hectic so I stopped watching

may be tempted to resume later on
                            Spoiler:
                            The Kromaggs. Hate them. Yeah, Wade was captured and imprisoned in a Kromagg camp of some sort.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

LOVE IT!

My brother was into it years ago and would record it (on a VHS tape (ah that takes me back)) and I watched them a few times, I am actually currently in a rewatch (on digital copies I downloaded) im abotu mid way through the fourth season and intend to finish it soon.

I've only seen the first episode of the fifth season and did not watch beyond that, but will push through it to see the end.

Comment

Im hoping in 10-20 years, sliders will get a re-boot. I loved the show, but kind of feel some episodes lost the plot a little. Also wasn't really a fan of the final episode. Sort of reminded me of the quantum leap finale.

Comment

Working...
                                X