Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future Reboot Phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future Reboot Phoenix

It is clear that Hollywood rejected producer Robert M. Burnett's attempt(s) to reboot the 1980s Sci-Fi TV series Captain Power, but the reason(s) why remain a mystery to fans like me. I speculate that the reason(s) behind Hollywood studios rejecting a Captain Power reboot might be about its 1980s TV series failure to last more than a season back in 1987, but that could be only part of the story. Another issue that the Captain Power TV show faced, like many other sci-fi projects of the 1980s, had to do with angry parents negatively reacting to the show's violence which attempted to attract both kids plus adults through episodes and interactive games. My guess is, studios weighed a Captain Power reboot suggestion against the challenges of our current era of sci-fi cinema, and RMB got the "no" because his idea(s) never addressed how past issues won't affect or effect it today. Plus, RMB probably never addressed how his Captain Power Reboot is an improvement over the original. If I was a movie producer, I would pitch a Captain Power reboot by making the story reflect popular interact games during the 1980s, and the games of popularity back then was LazerTag plus Photon with Captain Power. My pitch, for a Captain Power Reboot, would start with machine villains becoming the political governing "shadow leaders" of humanity through the interactive tech-games called LazerTag and Photon. These machine "shadow leaders" of tomorrow won't be in humanities dark future following a war that that destroyed more than half the human population; instead, they will be in humanities prosperous future operating in people's "blind spots" while allowing humans to think they are safe from them. LazerTag and Photon would be my story replacement tools of tomorrow for conventional weapons of today because of their nonviolent ability to stun and teleport people into prison facilities used for subjugation. Then, at the near "political subjugation of humanity" rises a new breed of warriors called Captain Power and his future Gamers. My Captain Power pitch would defuse past arguments about the original show's violence because this reboot would have more of a "gamer focus" concept, and it would be both unique plus distinctly different from it predecessor.
Working...
X