Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sci Fi launches its latest summer series with Charlie Jade (tonight, 8 ET/PT), a Canadian import about a detective who finds himself bouncing among three parallel universes. One represents the world as it is today; one, the world as it might become in the future if we stay on our current path; and one, what it might have become if we had made different choices in the past. I'm sure it will all make sense if you watch.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/columni...s-corner_N.htm

Comment

I saw the first episode on Sci-fi tonight. It's a really visually interesting show, with an impressively unique look. I'm not quite sure what's going on yet, but I'm intrigued enough to see what comes next.

Comment

Caught the first ep. Loved it! And not just 'cos Charlie's yummy. The jumping between 'verses stuff takes some careful attention to follow, but I think I've got a few things figured about it. I'll be interested to see how it develops.

Comment

It's supposed to be good? Frak.....SPACE has probably aired it through three or four times and I've never caught the beginning. Watched a bit of a middle ep once and got bored and confused so I turned it off. Dunno if it's airing anymore.....

*is ashamed of not knowing her own country's sci-fi exports*

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
            It's supposed to be good? Frak.....SPACE has probably aired it through three or four times and I've never caught the beginning. Watched a bit of a middle ep once and got bored and confused so I turned it off. Dunno if it's airing anymore.....

*is ashamed of not knowing her own country's sci-fi exports*
            That was me too. This show was on for a long time on Wednesdays or something, but I never understood what was going on!
            The style of filming was interesting though.

I'm not sure if it's airing there anymore either. I'm a little out of the loop as far as TV goes these days.
            "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

Originally posted by GateofDOOM View Post
              That was me too. This show was on for a long time on Wednesdays or something, but I never understood what was going on!
              The style of filming was interesting though.

I'm not sure if it's airing there anymore either. I'm a little out of the loop as far as TV goes these days.
              Yeah, I don't even know what SPACE is airing now. I hardly watch it aside from Galactica and Hypaspace at the moment (which is more like hypa-lets-advertise-the-crap-out-of-various-electronics-rather-than-talk-about-anything-sci-fi-space now).

Yeah. They've pissed me off with their new crappy evil overlords. They fired Jon!

Comment

Eh?!

Is that what happened to him? How very annoying.
                They used to play some good shows on that channel...*sigh*
                "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

Originally posted by GateofDOOM View Post
                  Eh?!

Is that what happened to him? How very annoying.
                  They used to play some good shows on that channel...*sigh*
                  Yeah. CTV made a sweep through the channel and dumped everything that made it unique (including Jon who had been there for forever. Guess it's cause he's not a hot babe in a little dress. ) and added in an extra four or five min of commercials to every hour. They hired that awful Danielle host! Thank (the) god(s) she's gone now.

Comment

Caught the second episode and I liked it better than the first. I'm still confused as to which "verse" is which, but the show really sells Charlie's confusion...and that old man with the pair of scissors--really, really freaky. And beautiful cineamatography of the desert. Even more intrigued to see where this rabbit hole leads.

Comment

I don't know a thing about it. But the lead guy is hot so I will be watching.
                      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

So I was checking Sci-fi's new Friday schedule to see what they're airing in BSG's former spot (they chose SG-1 reruns), and discovered they've pulled Charlie Jade from the Friday night line-up after all of two weeks (repeats of Doctor Who will air in it's place). Charlie Jade is now airing at Tuesday mornings at 3:00am. I don't have Tivo or a way to tape it, so I hope the DVDs are eventually released in the US.

Who runs Sci-fi, and do they actually enjoy science fiction? I'm surprised they didn't put Ghost Hunters or wrestling on instead. *sigh*

Comment

Hmph. Glad you said something or I'd have been fairly pissed off this Friday.

I'll second your hope on the DVDs. I just checked on ebay and the only one available is about $174. I like the show, but not THAT much!

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                            Charlie Jade is now airing at Tuesday mornings at 3:00am.
                            So Scifi will cancel CharlieJade?

Or will they continue airing at the 3 am graveyard slot

Comment

It looks like they're going to continue to air it, at least for now. The new time is advertised at http://www.scifi.com/charliejade/

Comment

Originally created and aired in Canada and outside of the US in 2005-2006, Charlie Jade is a fascinating adventure across parallel worlds. Private Investigator Charlie Jade stumbles across something that simply cannot exist in the world he lives in, and his pursuit of the truth leads him to uncover a plot that ultimately threatens the existence of all three worlds.

It’s complex story that you have to pay close attention to. There are clues all over the place, and the payoff is well worth the intricate and careful build up.

In Summer 2008, SciFi Channel is airing Charlie Jade on Monday mornings, at 3am Eastern, and this is the companion podcast to those episodes. Each episode is a running commentary by series creator Robert Wertheimer, so sit back, watch the episode, then watch it again with the commentary.

You’ll be amazed at what you discover along the way.

Official podcast site:

http://www.charliejade.net/

Charlie Jade Episode 101 Commentary: The Big Bang:

http://www.charliejade.net/podpress_...e-PC_EP001.mp3

Comment

Working...
                                X