This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    And those "few" have increased in number over the past six months or so.
    So much so that its not a "few" anymore
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
      I dont get people who red rep people for disagreeing with them - everyone has a right to their opinion and so many people abuse the red rep element of the rep system - I as a matter of principle do not give out red rep under any circumstances because whats the point if you dont like a post just carry on reading the thread and dont let it spoil your enjoyment of the forum
      I don't get that either. If you join a discussion forum, you should expect to have people who disagree with you. That's half the fun of it. If we all agreed it would be really, really boring here.

I personally have handed out a few red reps, but only when a poster has been rude or obnoxious to another poster or is deliberately trying to cause trouble. Never, ever would I red rep someone for a difference of opinion. And that someone would just floors me.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
        I don't get that either. If you join a discussion forum, you should expect to have people who disagree with you. That's half the fun of it. If we all agreed it would be really, really boring here.

I personally have handed out a few red reps, but only when a poster has been rude or obnoxious to another poster or is deliberately trying to cause trouble. Never, ever would I red rep someone for a difference of opinion. And that someone would just floors me.
        There is one person on the forum who isnt really a stargate fan - that person is a Claudia Black fan and gives out red rep to anyone who does not like Vala etc.

I find that extremely petty
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
          You would think, wouldn't you? However, I have a suspicion that for some, they don't join a board to discuss things, they join it to have their viewpoint (and thus themselves) justified and proven to be right. And, of course, there are always the crusaders who seek out to convert everyone to their particular way of seeing things. Kinda like the Ori/Priors... with similarly ugly (if less physically dangerous) consequences if any dare to resist.

I hand out LOTS of red rep. But I do it when people are rude or vulgar, when they are attacking a person/group instead of an opinion, when they are blatantly disregarding the rules, and when they are posting something wildly off topic- such as pro comments in an anti thread.

If people don't show respect to me and to others, I'm not about to show respect to them.

But yeah, negging someone just because they disagree with you is asinine and childish.

Comment

with similarly ugly (if less physically dangerous) consequences if any dare to resist.
            What do you mean?
            love Torri

Comment

What do you mean?
              Just the ugly verbal (or written) attacks that occur. The personal degradement some get for disagreeing. The insinuation that some people aren't "real" fans or that there's something actually wrong with them for not liking something (or, frankly, for liking it).

Names can and do hurt. And sometimes the scars last longer than those made my sticks and stones.

Comment

Just the ugly verbal (or written) attacks that occur. The personal degradement some get for disagreeing. The insinuation that some people aren't "real" fans or that there's something actually wrong with them for not liking something (or, frankly, for liking it).

Names can and do hurt. And sometimes the scars last longer than those made my sticks and stones.
                I see what you mean - some people here dont see that behind the posts is a real person
                love Torri

Comment

I see what you mean - some people here dont see that behind the posts is a real person
                  Or worse, sometimes they DO. Fortunately, I think those trolls are very few and far between. Most just seem to be overwhelmingly arrogant and dead sure of their convictions... to the exclusion of all else.

Comment

I think those trolls are very few and far between.
                    Not long ago that was true but now they seem to be popping up everywhere
                    love Torri

Comment

There is one person on the forum who isnt really a stargate fan - that person is a Claudia Black fan and gives out red rep to anyone who does not like Vala etc.

As do I. Just noticed that certain people have over a thousand posts and only one green block. Guess it's true what they say about payback.
                      Last edited by KatG; 16 August 2005, 07:08 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yes - we were talking about her in another thread - payback is sweet
                        love Torri

Comment

At the risk of starting an international incident between America and Poland, I wonder who that might be? I think if all the posters who received red rep from the person in question got together, we could start quite a large club......

Comment

Originally posted by SimilarCadence
                            At the risk of starting an international incident between America and Poland, I wonder who that might be? I think if all the posters who received red rep from the person in question got together, we could start quite a large club......
                            While I'm normally not in the habit of encouraging retaliatory negging, I wonder what would happen if everyone who got "attacked" fired back? Not as if it'd be difficult to find objectionable posts to neg, either.

Unfortunately, I don't think it'd make a whit of difference. Some are so convinced that theirs is the only opinion that matters that they effectively don't even notice opposing viewpoints... Or at least, they only notice it long enough to neg the poor disagreeable *******s and then move on. In fact, it'd probably prove their point.

But then, when you have people that deeply in denial, EVERYTHING proves their point. The sun rising in the east proves they're right. ya know?

Comment

While I'm normally not in the habit of encouraging retaliatory negging, I wonder what would happen if everyone who got "attacked" fired back? Not as if it'd be difficult to find objectionable posts to neg, either.
                              Lol! I'm ashamed to say I've had that same thought on more than one occasion. Wouldn't it be funny though?

No! I won't give in to the Dark Side!

Comment

Not as if it'd be difficult to find objectionable posts to neg, either.
                                Probably all of them would be suitable lol
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X