Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I guess I'm going to be the minority... I only just started watching the show (mainly on TNT), and I like it ok. I definitely love Stargate way more, but I've always thought it was a decent show. I apparently don't have some of the issues that some of you have, but I just don't care to be all that critical.

I'm not particularly rooting for Charmed, but I'm not going to call for its blood either. There have been some episodes I enjoyed less than others, but over all I'ved liked the show just fine. I didn't start watching the show from the beginning so I don't really have any hang ups over Shannon Douherty. Truth be told, I like the show better with Rose McGowan. No slight on Shannon or anything, I just do. Pru always seemed a little to hardnosed to me. When Paige came on the scene, the show just seemed to get more fun. Or something.

As to half-dressed... uh... um... Half dressed? Admittedly, some of their outfits are a bit on the fashion runway side... but I've never noticed anything particularly outrageous. Then again, I'm a guy... so maybe I'm not qualified in that area. It just never bugged me. I was kind of glad when Chris was 'gone', because I always thought Leo made the better Whitelighter. He was never as 'whiny', and he was always at least somewhat inspirational. Sort of like the cheerleader... Chris just harped all the time.

So... no it doesn't bother me that the show is back for a new season.
    The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
    Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
    My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
    Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Charmed is an extremly bad show... but its extremly bad to the point of funny watchable TV
      A lot of shows are too respectable to do some of the storylines Charmed does - which is an odd refreshing break.
      Some episodes are a bit too out there, and they should probably get a new wardrobe person (as opposed to a teenage boy who reads nothing but playboy), but it does have its good moments.
      Ses
      James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

I kinda like Zankou.

The biggest problem I have with Charmed is all the time travel eps. S7 has had a billion of them. Wyatt/Chris-TT was fine since it was once and lasted a whole season.

It's one of the 23 shows on US TV I follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
          Here's the article http://www.xtreme-gaming.com/theotherside/tenways.html, gosh thise dude is just a person who likes 2d shows where 'Good always wins', sorry coloumnist person, but i rather see an evil person who doesn't kill his own minions on purpose just because they failed you (which Charmed does quite a lot). I would go on, but you can read it, and yah... make your own conclusions.
          Whoever wrote that article must be smoking something... will not even begin to poke holes... was it a joke?

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
            I kinda like Zankou.
            Who doesn't?
            Ses
            James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

Charmed is better than Buffy? Charmed is better than Buffy?! *headdesk* I still have trouble watching The Body in syndication cos it's so raw. Hell, even Conversations With Dead people (in which everyone talks to someone that is actually dead) made death feel more real than Charmed magically (no pun intended) saying: Prue's dead, Piper's not because.....well, just because.
              (shakes head) And as for quality stuff getting canceled for pretty girls in skimpy clothing, I give you CBS: canceled Judging Amy and Joan of Arcadia and picked up a show in which Jennifer Love Hewitt talks to dead people.
              And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
              Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
              Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
              Daniel: Oh! You see?
              Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

I'm so sad that Joan of Arcadia won't be comming back... It got really good at the end.

Hmm, just because i'm bored, i'm going to compare Buffy's 'ok' Season 7 nielsen ratings with Charmed's 'horrible' Season 7 nielsen ratings...
                Last edited by Elwe Singollo; 18 May 2005, 01:41 PM.
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I'll say this I never used to like Buffy or Angel, however, I did used to watch it on and off...and I did watch the season finale of Buffy I was dissapointed, anyhow...since Buffy airs to early on Sky (11am right after SG1) I tend to watch it one channel five and the strange thing is I watch Buffy more on channel then I used when it aired on Sky One and BBC2....

Given the choice of watching Buffy or Charmed...I'd rather watch Buffy.

What is it with TV companies and airing shows which scream look at me I see and talk to dead people. *Yawn*

The only show I loved when it comes to dead people (so to speak) is Dead Like Me.

I can't believe that Dead Like Me got cancelled and yet Charmed is renewed . And to me 2/3 million viewers isn't really a lot...not in a country as huge as the states....so why are the producers etc of Charmed making out that 2/3 millions viewers is a huge number?

I'd love for CBS to air it's number one show CSI or *ponders* for ABC to rerun The Practice the same time Charmed airs...or even for Buffy to be repeated.

Mandeep

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

Geez.. I must be the only person around here who still watches Charmed and enjoys it... sort of. I'd understand if they ended it, in fact I think it is a bit overdue. I continue to watch it, partly out of loyalty, lack of other options and it's just not bad. My measure stick of bad will probably always be Andromeda and I watched that and I think Charmed is better.
                    It has gradually gone down hill and I feel like Holly Marie Combs is tired of it. Her character is getting *****ier by the season.
                    I have to admit that the outfits are skeezy and some of the story ideas were so ridiculous they bugged me; particularly that Lady Godiva and the Mermaid thing, but as long as it's on I'll watch it.
                    Should it be on much longer, probably not. I agree that if I had to make a choice I woud have kept Angel instead of Charmed or Seventh Heaven but now that Angel's gone, if they don't have a good replacement, I'd hang on to Charmed until they do. No more night time soaps though, anything but that.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

UG why is this show still on

they canceld buffy and angel(my top 2 fav TV shows EVER)

and yet they allow this show to continue on even though it has enougth cheese to feed the rodents of the world 10x over

oh and angel fans theres an official comic coming out next month that continues after what happens at the end of season 5 just so you know

Comment

Good grief.

It is still on because it draws enough eyeballs, period. Shows don't live and die on "quality", whether it is what you describe as quality or what I describe as quality.

I'm sure there are plenty of charmed fans who are just as flummoxed by Stargate SG-1's continued lifetime. Both premises are absolutely insane when regarded from any really critical viewpoint ("Chariots of the Gods" was debunked in the 1970's, thanks!). So I'm sure they can bellyache the continuation of SG-1 just as much as folks here can bellyache the continuation of "Charmed".

Besides, it isn't like a Stargate shows was CANCELLED by the same folks who renewed Charmed THIS SEASON. So why even bother to gripe?

BTW: I hate charmed, but if there are enough folks to watch Jerry Springer for a decade, then the survival of Charmed isn't such a mystery by comparison, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ses
                          Charmed is an extremly bad show... but its extremly bad to the point of funny watchable TV
                          A lot of shows are too respectable to do some of the storylines Charmed does - which is an odd refreshing break.
                          Some episodes are a bit too out there, and they should probably get a new wardrobe person (as opposed to a teenage boy who reads nothing but playboy), but it does have its good moments.
                          Yea, I used to watch it for the eye candy, but now there is just so much cheese, I tend to bypass the show altogether.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
                            Good grief.

It is still on because it draws enough eyeballs, period. Shows don't live and die on "quality", whether it is what you describe as quality or what I describe as quality.

I'm sure there are plenty of charmed fans who are just as flummoxed by Stargate SG-1's continued lifetime. Both premises are absolutely insane when regarded from any really critical viewpoint ("Chariots of the Gods" was debunked in the 1970's, thanks!). So I'm sure they can bellyache the continuation of SG-1 just as much as folks here can bellyache the continuation of "Charmed".

Besides, it isn't like a Stargate shows was CANCELLED by the same folks who renewed Charmed THIS SEASON. So why even bother to gripe?

BTW: I hate charmed, but if there are enough folks to watch Jerry Springer for a decade, then the survival of Charmed isn't such a mystery by comparison, is it?
                            The thing is, it actually 'isnt' drawing enough 'eyeballs', especially for the budget of the show, and its stance against other WB shows. Reba Repeats defeat defeat Charmed regularly, and is obviously way cheaper.

I dont think 'Stargate' has any comparison with Charmed, so i have no reason to even mention the show about Charmed's renewl/non-cancellation and how its not the same people who renewed/or cancelled the show. I gripe because this shows that theWB are big hypocrites, mainly because of their cancellation of Angek.

The reasons for their cancellation of Angel angered me because they said their ratings weren't growing (which it actually did from the previous season, Charmed ratings aren't growing, they are decreasing by the week), Angel is an old/aging show, which Charmed was as well (currently), and that Angel is an expensive show, in which was BS because they cut Angel's budget in half in its last season, while Charmed's budget is twice Angel's budget, but getting lower ratings. http://home.insightbb.com/~wahoskem/angel5.html and http://charmed-tms.netfirms.com/ you can compare S5 of Angel's ratings and Charmed's current S7 ratings.

I have more to say, but i dont feel like to be mad today...
                            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                              The thing is, it actually 'isnt' drawing enough 'eyeballs', especially for the budget of the show, and its stance against other WB shows. Reba Repeats defeat defeat Charmed regularly, and is obviously way cheaper.

I dont think 'Stargate' has any comparison with Charmed, so i have no reason to even mention the show about Charmed's renewl/non-cancellation and how its not the same people who renewed/or cancelled the show. I gripe because this shows that theWB are big hypocrites, mainly because of their cancellation of Angek.

The reasons for their cancellation of Angel angered me because they said their ratings weren't growing (which it actually did from the previous season, Charmed ratings aren't growing, they are decreasing by the week), Angel is an old/aging show, which Charmed was as well (currently), and that Angel is an expensive show, in which was BS because they cut Angel's budget in half in its last season, while Charmed's budget is twice Angel's budget, but getting lower ratings. http://home.insightbb.com/~wahoskem/angel5.html and http://charmed-tms.netfirms.com/ you can compare S5 of Angel's ratings and Charmed's current S7 ratings.

I have more to say, but i dont feel like to be mad today...
                              You;ve gotta remember that the 3 'stars' of Charmed are also producers and what have you. THey probably have a lot more control over it now than they did.
                              I'd venture they are probably putting some cash into it too.
                              As with everything else, there is probably internal politics that we know nothing baout that has made this decision.
                              Tho I have to say, having watched Charmed for years now, that I wish they would stop pushing the women's issue agenda so hard. It's getting REALLY annoying.
                              At least Angel and Buffy never did that.

Comment

Even the directors thought the show was to end after this past season. The season finale was a perfect ending to a long run by this show. The usual door closing at the end of each years finales. I don't know how they will write the characters back in with the same actors if they actually changed their appearences so they can hide.

I have watched this show with my fiance for years. So I am sort of into it, and besides that...guys my age have had crushes on Alyssa Milano since 'Whose the Boss'.

Is anyone else excited about the next season, or should have they just left it alone?

Comment

Working...
                                X