Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your favorite fictional character...and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kirk!!!
    Cant forgot vader
    sigpic
    Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

J.R. Ewing... he was the most devious character, ever *grin*

Comment

I would also say Artemis Fowl, Harry Potter, Peter Parker, and Will Riker (a trombonist, like me )
        Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
        The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
        I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
        A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
        That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
        Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
        Caboose: They could be worse?
        Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Man, this is going to be a long list:

TV:
          1. Any of the Farscape Actors/Actresses: the characters made the show for me, and i love them all. I could immurse myself in the world of Crichton, Aeryn, D'Argo, Chiana, Rygel, Pilot, Zhaan, Jool, Sikozu, Scorpius, Stark and Crais any day!

2. Some of the Stargate cast: Mitchell, Vala, Daniel and Ba'al for sure. I love these characters so much!

3. The Firefly crew: Mal, Inara, Kaylee, Zoe, Wash, Jayne, Simon, Book, River.... Love them ALL!!!!

4. Fawkes and Hobbes of the Invisible Man- One of the most perfect partnerships I've ever seen.

5. The crew of babylon 5. Again, just aamzing.

6. 7 of 9. She just kicks BUTT.

7. Starbuck and Apollo (new)- AMAZING.

MISC:
          1. Batman/Bruce Wayne and Batman (Beyond)/Terry McGinnis (THEY'RE FREAKING BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!)
          2. Rachel Summers-Gray (AKA Phoenix III)
          3. Aragorn (Viggo was perfect for this role)
          4. Gill Grissom (how cool is he?)
          5. Rommie (who doesn't love Andromeda?)
          6. Gabriel/Remiel/Balance of Judgement (So sue me, I loved MS as these characters!)
          7. Ender and Bean (they're geniuses!)

Comment

Since no one else has mentioned him - Sgt. Partick Augustine Harper of the 95th Rifles.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I suppose I'll just start off with the SciFi stuff for now.

1. Stargate: Pretty much everyone that's been on an SG:1 or SGA:1 team, along with people like Hammond, Weir, Beckett and Fraiser.
              2.Firefly: Mal, Jayne, and Wash. I love their humor.
              3. Star Wars: Han Solo, Chewie, Leia, Lando, Obi-Wan, and my two favorite non-speaking Jedi, Aayla and Kit Fisto!

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                Since no one else has mentioned him - Sgt. Partick Augustine Harper of the 95th Rifles.
                I believe I probably mentioned Ensign/Lt/Capt/Maj/Lt.Col Sharpe way back when...

Also, Severus Snape. What a fanTASTIC character.
                In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Another that comes to mind, (I have posted here before), is Drizzt Do'Urden, a renagade drow elf. There's at least a dozen books, including the Drow Trilogy that put me onto him. Hmm...too much D&D

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

1) Samantha Carter - the perfect human, in every possible way - inspirational
                    2) Jean Luc Picard - the perfect manager and leader - inspirational
                    3) Susan Ivanova - personal reasons, the story KO and the whole explanation of shiva, her heroism, stoicism and one of the most amazing acting jobs I've ever seen when that English ranger gave his life for her. I wish I had a few more seasons of her......

Comment

Books

Elwin Ransom, a philologist from C.S. Lewis's Space Trilogy. Lewis has said that he based Ransom on his friend J.R.R. Tolkien. The books are Out of the Silent Planet, Peralandra and of course That Hideous Strenght.

Here's the link to read more about him. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._S._Lewis

TV

Sam Carter. For reasons well known.
                      Susan Ivanova. Also for reasons well known.
                      Jack, Teal'c, Daniel, and Jonas.

There are others. Maybe later.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                        C.S. Lewis's Space Trilogy. Lewis has said that he based Ransom on his friend J.R.R. Tolkien. The books are Out of the Silent Planet
                        Should be required reading. An amazing piece of perspective on earth....

Comment

BBC Radio 7 did a multi-part adaptation of the trilogy. Keep your ears open, they might repeat it at some poin in the future.
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Cthulhu!

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610
                              Should be required reading. An amazing piece of perspective on earth....

I know.

I accidentally found the books in my teens and love them to this day. I think I've gone through two sets apon re-reading them. The bindings just fell apart.
                              I love the way he desribes the Harossa, Sorns, and I know I'm going to mess-up the spelling philtriggi. (books aren't in front of me now)

The way he follows Ransom's attempt to save a man, to his journey to Perlandra, to eventually becoming Pendragon, is wonderful.

I find it ironic on the day he (C.S. Lewis) died, another writer crossed the Field of Arbol too, Aldous Huxley, and both of these passings were overshadowed by one very important passing, assassination of President John F. Kennedy in November.

Comment

I find it ironic on the day he (C.S. Lewis) died, another writer crossed the Field of Arbol too, Aldous Huxley, and both of these passings were overshadowed by one very important passing, assassination of President John F. Kennedy in November.
                                I hadn't realised they all died on the same day.

My two favourite fictional female characters are probably Polgara (from David and Leigh Eddings) and Menolly (from Anne McCaffrey). Both are strong women who go through a lot of heartache but come out stronger in the end, and never loose their ability to love and be loved.

For male characters - it has to be Silk - again from the Eddings. I just love the character. He is devious and underhand, but all for a good cause.

Comment

Working...
                                X