Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your favorite fictional character...and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After browsing the Terry Pratchett thread I remembered two more of my favourite fictional characters: Vimes and Death from the Discworld Novels

Comment

Don't know, there are so many canidates out there.

1 Mackenzie Calhoun.
      2 Shane M. Schofield.
      3 Captain Nemo
      4 Gordon Kratz
      5 Gil Grissom.
      6 Gary Rogue.

The list goes on...so many options, I just can't choose.
      sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

I seem to have a different fave every week. But ive always liked Gandalf he always knows what hes doing, even if nobody else does. And Dr Frank N Furter from rocky horror picture show cos he makes me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Perriman33
          I seem to have a different fave every week. But ive always liked Gandalf he always knows what hes doing, even if nobody else does. And Dr Frank N Furter from rocky horror picture show cos he makes me laugh.
          LOL... yeah I can understand that, but I think I don't know I have more of a favorite type not favorite character although like I said Dru is pretty much the perfect example of my type.
          Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
            Don't know, there are so many canidates out there.

1 Mackenzie Calhoun.
            2 Shane M. Schofield.
            3 Captain Nemo
            4 Gordon Kratz
            5 Gil Grissom.
            6 Gary Rogue.

The list goes on...so many options, I just can't choose.
            How could I have forgotten Shane "Scarecrow" Schofield? Nice to know I'm not the only one here that reads Matthew Reilly's novels.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

If pressed, I'll admit to having a soft spot for Dizzy Flores from Roughnecks: Straship Troopers.
              I think it's her green eyes and cute little upturned nose (sigh)...
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                If pressed, I'll admit to having a soft spot for Dizzy Flores from Roughnecks: Straship Troopers.
                I think it's her green eyes and cute little upturned nose (sigh)...
                You're just too easy to please mate!
                I've always been impressed by Judge Dredd, he has that no nonsense way of doing things.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                  How could I have forgotten Shane "Scarecrow" Schofield? Nice to know I'm not the only one here that reads Matthew Reilly's novels.
                  Another Mathew Reilly fan here.....just finished Area 7 last week.

Comment

Ooooh. This is tough.

TV: Daniel Jackson (At 16, I fell for his looks. At 26, I fall for his mind.) I love his knack for languages.

Film: I'm forgetting the name of Alan Rickman's character (the human one) in Galaxy Quest. That movie just makes me laugh.

Sci Fi Books: Seregil from Luck in the Shadows and Sam from LotR.

Literature in general: The narrator in the Old English poem "The Wanderer"
                    Isolation and angst are always great.
                    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Picking just one favorite fictional character is impossible but if I had to it would propably be John Crichton.

I could list up so many others..................

Comment

Hmm.. the more I think about it, the more characters I come up with! In no particular order...

- skipping most SG ones because there'd be too many, but special mention to Sheppard and McKay, not just for the characters but the personality the actors infuse them with

- Zaphod Beeblebrox And Ford, and pretty much all the HHGTTG characters (here I go again..)

- Jayne from Firefly ("Time for some thrilling heroics"). He cracks me up every time

- the Neocount of Merentha, Gerald Tarrant... deliciously evil (yet charming!) character from C. S. Friedman's Coldfire trilogy and the source of my nickname

- Aragorn - he was my favourite from the books, before seeing the movies

- Fox Mulder, my first sci-fi character obsession

I know there are some great ones I'm missing.. will have to keep thinking about it

Comment

Jack O'Neill and John Crichton, because they're cool guy and they have a sweet sense of humor. And I like that in a character.
                          sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday BruTak! (Hope you get to see this!)

On fighting:
                            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
                              Another Mathew Reilly fan here.....just finished Area 7 last week.
                              Have you read Hover Car Racer yet? It rocks big time!!
                              sigpic

Comment

My all-time favorite fictional character is Anakin Skywalker – as distinct from Darth Vader. The writing for him is absolutely brilliant!

I recently wrote a paper on ancient vs. modern myth, and Star Wars was my main example of modern myth. In this paper, I demonstrated how Star Wars exactly follows the formula for the hero story as defined by mythologist Joseph Campbell (for those of you who don't know, Campbell is the authority on ancient myth). The story of the hero's journey is found in every ancient mythology, many, many modern tales, and every current major religion. It is also present in the Star Wars films. Anakin Skywalker, the hero of all six Star Wars movies (taking them all as one story), is the perfect mythological hero, as well as a textbook tragic hero. You can see for yourself: read The Hero with a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell, and compare the story he outlines to Star Wars – and prepare to be amazed.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X