Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your favorite fictional character...and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak
    Any character played by the coolest man on the planet - Samuel L. Jackson...

Sgt. West in Basic "Can I get a hoo-hah Sergeant?"
    Sgt. Dan "Hondo" Harrelson in SWAT "You're either SWAT or you're not."

Need I continue?

I dug the outfits that Samuel and Travolta wore in 'Pulp Fiction'. That movie alone resurrected the careers of both Samuel L Jackson and John Travolta.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I know I already posted a list of 10 of my favorite characters from the scifi genre, but after thinking about some I came up with a few others.....

Scorpius....a very evil but likable character

Garak....DS9's finest

Lore....nothing like a evil android twin

General Martok....one very cool Klingon
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
        I dug the outfits that Samuel and Travolta wore in 'Pulp Fiction'. That movie alone resurrected the careers of both Samuel L Jackson and John Travolta.
        Indeed, considering that up until that point, Samuel L. Jackson's most high profile role was as a chain smoking computer tech in Jurassic Park.

But then again, almost everyone looks good in a suit - even me...
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Scorpius....a very evil but likable character
          I love Scorpy! Not as much as John but still great villain!
          Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Originally posted by Vala
            I love Scorpy! Not as much as John but still great villain!
            He was so damn evil and really easy to hate the first couple seasons he appeared. By season 4 I had grown to really like his character. After learning about how he was am experiment gone awry by a Scarren scientist, he garnered sympathy. What a great actor the guy who played him was in that role!.
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

But then again, almost everyone looks good in a suit - even me...
              I hear ya on the suit!...but I was talking about the outfits they had to put on at Quentin Taratinos house after they drove there when they accidently blew out that poor guys brains in the back seat of the car I believe one of them was wearing a Chico state Banana Slugs (which is Chico states mascot) T-Shirt
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Favourite Sci-fi/Fantasy character?

Leaving aside Aragorn (who is my number one for various reasons)

Boromir - very noble and put his duty above his desire

Puddleglum (the Marsh-wiggle from The Silver Chair - of the Narnia series) what a guy, totally pessimistic, but very helpful and loyal

Roy the replicant from Blade Runner. Spookily compelling.

finally

Harry Maybourne!
                In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger

Harry Maybourne!

Damn I forgot about Maybourne.....Good call major!....He would definetly rank in my top 10!
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

To name but a few then:

BOOKS:
                    Thomas Covenant (from Stephen Donaldson's 'Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever series): Covenant is stubborn, haunted, bitter and flawed to the marrow, he never gives an inch but still manages to make you sympathise with him and his plight.

Keda (from Peake's Titus Groan trilogy) - dark, mysterious & tragic, she only has a small role in the first book but the glimpse into her life as an 'outsider' fascinates me.

Aragorn & Gandalf (LotR) I can't split these 2 up, Gandalf I love for his sudden flashes of kindness and humour and for the simple fact that he's a wizard, first time I read FoTR I was totally gutted when he apparently 'died'. Aragorn I love for the perfect blend of the rough n ready ranger and the noble man, totally dedicated but utterly unassuming.

V (from the comicbook V for Vendetta) - enigmatic, vengeful and ruthless, his relationship with Evie intrigues and alarms in turn.

MOVIES:
                    Indiana Jones: apart from the fact that I'm biased as I fell in love with him when I was 16 (which is a long long time ago) he's just such a good example of the headstrong gung-ho hero of your childhood

Ellen Ripley: just a good, strong female lead char, I've enjoyed watching her develop over the Alien series

Amelie (from the movie of the same name) - she's just so kooky and quirky, an old-fashioned values style heroine with a heart of gold,

There are many more but I'm already waffling, oh and of course ...

Jack O'Neill

Comment

FILM: Jack Bellicec from Invasion of the Body Snatchers
                      LITERATURE: Cassius from Julius Caesar
                      TELEVISION: Brother Justin Crowe/Alexei Belyakov from Carnivale
                      - The Usher of Destruction
                      Everything's impossible...'til it ain't.

Comment

thats a hard one.
                        I would have to say Aeryn. I also admire Sam Carter. Never really got into Angel or Buffy but did see some eps with Glory and thought she was pretty cool, (quicky ducks from all Buffy fans)
                        Im also a simpsons fan and think Homer is a dope but he's so damm funny!!
                        When your'e in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A close friend will be in the cell with you saying 'damm that was fun!'

Comment

I hear ya on the suit!...but I was talking about the outfits they had to put on at Quentin Taratinos house after they drove there when they accidently blew out that poor guys brains in the back seat of the car I believe one of them was wearing a Chico state Banana Slugs (which is Chico states mascot) T-Shirt
                          Maybe it's just me, but - Star Wars Episode I would've been a lot better if Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta had played Qui-Gonn and Obi-Wan the way they'd played Jules and Vince.

They wouldn't have taken any crap from that blasted Jar-Jar Binks for a start...

A buddy of mine once famously described Jar-Jar as being the "Mutant offspring of Goofy and a camel".
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

A buddy of mine once famously described Jar-Jar as being the "Mutant offspring of Goofy and a camel".
                            Thats the best darn description of that lame-o character I have ever read!....It fits him perfectly!.
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Thats the best darn description of that lame-o character I have ever read!....It fits him perfectly!.
                              It does, doesn't it?
                              sigpic

Comment

It does, doesn't it?

Yes!....even the way that Jar Jar spoke (annoying as heck and hard to understand!)...God, I could spend allday bashing Jar Jar

So you gonna go see Episode III anytime soon BruTak?....
                                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                                X