Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    Plus of course, there are those strange misguided individuals who've never read any of the novels and are only fans of the movies.
    But at least we can take vicious pleasure in their confusion.
    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
    Caboose: They could be worse?
    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
      EDIT: Oh and Snape needs a hug.
      Hah. He's not getting one from me.....What with the fact that he's an Evil-Git-who-may-or-may-not-be-evil.

The pic with the film review was of him looking very grumpy hehe. Presumabley he's in this one more than GoF.

Comment

ok went and saw the movie last night at midnight, i loved it. loved how the did the beg, and the battle at the end was great. wish we would have seen blacks mother tho
        sigpic
        Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

cant wait to see the movie now! dunno when i'm going to get a chance to go see it though

sigpic
          Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
          Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

you have to it is great
            sigpic

Comment

Hopefully, I'll go and see it next Saturday, when it's quietened down a bit.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

there was about 600 of us last night
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                  Hah. He's not getting one from me.....What with the fact that he's an Evil-Git-who-may-or-may-not-be-evil.

The pic with the film review was of him looking very grumpy hehe. Presumabley he's in this one more than GoF.

awww, i shall give him a hug...i LOVE snape

well, went and saw the movie at noon today...and i must say, it was better the second time around
                  sigpic

Comment

Just came back from seeing it! Wow I loved it... but at times it felt like they were going too fast.
                    Honestly, I didn't see a need for Gwamp at all.. I would have preferred quidditch. I've only ever read the Gwamp chapter once and skipped it ever since. It bored the hell out of me. I'm sure I misspelled the name too.
                    I guess it was a bit hard to fit that huge book into a movie, so it's my favorite overall. I liked how they handled the DA lessons. It was obvious thet were learning a lot and they didn't take that long to show it. Well done. It's probably my favorite movie yet.
                    Half-Blood Prince should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised View Post
                      Just came back from seeing it! Wow I loved it... but at times it felt like they were going too fast.
                      Honestly, I didn't see a need for Gwamp at all.. I would have preferred quidditch. I've only ever read the Gwamp chapter once and skipped it ever since. It bored the hell out of me. I'm sure I misspelled the name too.
                      I guess it was a bit hard to fit that huge book into a movie, so it's my favorite overall. I liked how they handled the DA lessons. It was obvious thet were learning a lot and they didn't take that long to show it. Well done. It's probably my favorite movie yet.
                      Half-Blood Prince should be interesting.
                      They had Grawp in it but no Quidditch! *sigh* I guess that means no "Weasley is our King"..... The Grawp chapter is probably my least favourite of the series as well, though I still always read it, never skip a chapter.

Half-Blood Prince should be interesting I agree- and I don't think that they'll have to cut too much out of it either, it's got the most straightforward story since PS/CoS.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                        They had Grawp in it but no Quidditch! *sigh* I guess that means no "Weasley is our King"..... The Grawp chapter is probably my least favourite of the series as well, though I still always read it, never skip a chapter.

Half-Blood Prince should be interesting I agree- and I don't think that they'll have to cut too much out of it either, it's got the most straightforward story since PS/CoS.
                        They will probably do several memories in one lesson... and divide it into three meetings or something. Maybe even two. But there isn't too much going on, I agree... the memories are the focus...

I was so looking forward to seeing young Lily!
                        Does anyone else thinks she looks like Ginny? *wink* I liked how they showed her crush on Harry in this film. It's a nice preparation for HBP... I love that ship!
                        Speaking of which

Spoiler:
                        If Harry survives, think he will get back together with Ginny?
                        JKR can't kill him!!! She just can't! It will break my heart.

10 days and then it's all over!

Trek Girl, you mean you haven't seen it yet????? WHAT! LOL

Comment

Oh and my the way...
                          Luna is PERFECT!!!
                          Oh and why weren't Ron and Hermoine prefects? GRRRR

Comment

They will probably do several memories in one lesson... and divide it into three meetings or something. Maybe even two. But there isn't too much going on, I agree... the memories are the focus...

I was so looking forward to seeing young Lily!
                            Does anyone else thinks she looks like Ginny? *wink* I liked how they showed her crush on Harry in this film. It's a nice preparation for HBP... I love that ship!
                            Speaking of which

Spoiler:
                            If Harry survives, think he will get back together with Ginny?
                            JKR can't kill him!!! She just can't! It will break my heart.

10 days and then it's all over!

Trek Girl, you mean you haven't seen it yet????? WHAT! LOL
                            Harry and Ginny are so cute, and I would say with 100% certainty that if they both survive they'll get back together.

Another thing about the HBP movie- I wonder how shippy they'll make it. Because it's one angsty shippy book. I'm not a huge fan of ship, but the thing about the Harry Potter books is that all of these relationships are so well-earned over the course of the series and I hope the HBP movie does them justice: Ron/Hermione, Bill/Fleur, Lupin/Tonks, and Harry/Ginny of course.

Comment

Oh and my the way...
                              Luna is PERFECT!!!
                              Oh and why weren't Ron and Hermoine prefects? GRRRR
                              Luna? A Prefect? Huh? That makes little sense. First of all she's a year too young.....

Comment

Yeah I'm sure they will go with it..
                                Just check out Bonnie's long hair.. just as in the book..
                                And OotP showing Ginny's crush on Harry...

Not prefects, lol I said she was perFEct..

and check this out..
                                http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews
                                Not Disney you idiots! Universal!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X