No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good points: Ralf Fiennes as Voldemort. David Tennant's cool leather coat - I want one! Emma Watson *Has brief Terry Thomas moment* I say!

Bad Points: Michael Gambon's accent was all over the place, one minute mid-Atlantic, the next Irish. No Quiddich! Death Eater costumes - what was the deal with the big pointy hats? I pictured them wearing deep cowled hoods, like Skeletor in Masters of the Universe...

Anyway - continuing with my "Magic Vs. Technology" debate, and thanks to my good buddy Kerr for this one - would a set of Infra-red night vision goggles "see through" an Invisibility Cloak?
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Good points: Ralf Fiennes as Voldemort. David Tennant's cool leather coat - I want one! Emma Watson, *Has brief Terry Thomas moment* I say!

Bad Points: Michael Gambon's accent was all over the place, one minute mid-Atlantic, the next Irish. No Quiddich! Death Eater costumes - what was the deal with the big pointy hats? I pictured them wearing deep cowled hoods, like Skeletor in Masters of the Universe...

Anyway - continuing with my "Magic Vs. Technology" debate, and thanks to my good buddy Kerr for this one - would a set of Infra-red night vision goggles "see through" an Invisibility Cloak?
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by StarDreamer
        That was my thinking too!

That seems true too.. although writers often don't have a lot of control over the films themselves.. even screenwriters.. but of course, JK/HP is a different endeavor of its own, so hopefully she is supervising everything and making sure what needs to be left in, is left in

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.... at least all the films so far have been super cool and so they should continue that way...
        well, Mike Newell sent JKR scripts and script updates. She had to approve. So yes she played a huge role in the making of a movie.

BruTak, I can't even understand Michael Gambon half the time. I could understand him only because I know what he was supposed to be talking about at the particular moment. I think the actor who played Gandalf would have been a perfect Dumbledore if the original actor who playued DD didn't die. Kinda weird eh. the actor dies and DD dies himself... o.O

I didn't like the death eaters either. I imagined them like the dark jedi.. in the same kind of cosumes and a hood over their heads...

by the way.. check this out

a guy from this forum did it.. agpotter
        http://www.cosforums.com/showthread....8&page=6&pp=20

You would think that they could at least have made her dress blue eh? Hermione is wearing way too much pink lately and she's not supposed to be a girly girl.

but hey.. the dress was awesome anyway I would have loved to wear that to prom! lol
        Last edited by Erised; 22 November 2005, 08:59 AM.

Comment

yea, i would have much rather seen her in blue rather than pink too
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
            No Quiddich!
            I've heard a few people complaining about that...but...I'm not sure I remember this correctly because I haven't read the book in a while, but there was no Quidditch in year four, was there? They canceled it for that year because of the Triwizard Tournament, didn't they? Or are you talking about the World Cup? Cuz that would have been nice to see I guess...
            gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

I think he was talking about the world cup. And yes, there is no Hogwarts quidditch in the book

Did you know that we will not see quidditch being played in books? It was the last match in HBP.

Comment

At least we got to see the introduction of the teams in the movie during the world cup (well at least Krum). I was hoping to see the Veelas. Also,
                Spoiler:
                I cannot believe they didn't say that Fleur was a Veela...wasn't she supposed to be, but nothing was ever said.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
                  At least we got to see the introduction of the teams in the movie during the world cup (well at least Krum). I was hoping to see the Veelas. Also,
                  Spoiler:
                  I cannot believe they didn't say that Fleur was a Veela...wasn't she supposed to be, but nothing was ever said.
                  Spoiler:
                  yea and she was also supposed to be the prettiest girl in the world but she looked ordinary. Very pretty but not like someone over whom guys would lose their minds. And her hair were supposed to be long and blonder. Silvery blond. And also longer hair. You'd think they could have at least given her a wig.

Well anyhow.. I don't think it's important to the story that she's a veela.

ok now this is plan freaky!

Harry, Dobby, Ron!
                  Last edited by Erised; 23 November 2005, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                    I think he was talking about the world cup. And yes, there is no Hogwarts quidditch in the book

Did you know that we will not see quidditch being played in books? It was the last match in HBP.
                    What do you mean? there won't be quidditch in book seven? cuz that would be a spoiler I don't want to know!
                    gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by gatehorse
                      What do you mean? there won't be quidditch in book seven? cuz that would be a spoiler I don't want to know!
                      oh sorry. Well it's not that big of a spoiler. JKR said that there will not be quidditch in book 7 in the interview.
                      Well it would be stupid if there were... I mean well, maybe if school does open then maybe Harry wouldn't be on the team.. he will be too busy finding horcruxes and besides, I doubt anyone will let him fly.. The death eaters could jinx him or something..

Comment

Okay, of the characters in book 4 that did not appear in the film, which actor/actress would you liked to have seen playing them?

I'll start off: Ludo Bagman - Brian Blessed. I know be's described as being blonde with blue eyes in the book, but - Blessed is who I picture in my head.

BTW - a set of I.R. goggles would see right through an Invisibility Cloak. It only conceals your body, not the heat from your body.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                          Okay, of the characters in book 4 that did not appear in the film, which actor/actress would you liked to have seen playing them?

I'll start off: Ludo Bagman - Brian Blessed. I know be's described as being blonde with blue eyes in the book, but - Blessed is who I picture in my head.

BTW - a set of I.R. goggles would see right through an Invisibility Cloak. It only conceals your body, not the heat from your body.
                          yea Ludo Bagman was WAY off, and he wasn't even British from what I could tell.
                          Dumbledore said that Bagman didn't have a choice but to put his son in azkaban. But in the GoF book, Bagman threw his son in jail because he destroyed his reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                            yea Ludo Bagman was WAY off, and he wasn't even British from what I could tell.
                            Dumbledore said that Bagman didn't have a choice but to put his son in azkaban. But in the GoF book, Bagman threw his son in jail because he destroyed his reputation.
                            I thought Barty threw his son in jail?

sigpic
                            Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                            Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

WOAH the new film is totally AWSOME
                              http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...el/friends.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                                I thought Barty threw his son in jail?
                                well yea, because his son destroyed his reputation... not plainly because he was a death eater.

Jack's Angel, yes it is

Comment

Working...
                                X