No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, here on the library front. I work alone all day today, so about 10 minutes ago I opened up the 'DO NOT OPEN PRIOR TO JULY 16' package and read the end.

Oh... My... God.

I've never read any of the other books. I like the movies.

Spoilers for MAIN PLOT AND yeah...

Spoiler:
    Snape kills Dumbledore!!!!!!! And Harry kind of... 'professes his love' for Hermine (I can't even spell her name). *looks in book* Hermione.

... I warned you!

I don't know WHY that happens... I'll have to read all 607 pages... Maybe...

I got about 7 hours left here. I need SOMETHING to do

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

You read the end first?! you just ruined the story for yourself! I couldnt do that, i hate spoilers that extreme

sigpic
      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
        You read the end first?! you just ruined the story for yourself! I couldnt do that, i hate spoilers that extreme
        So?

I don't know what happens in the fourth and fifth ones... Sirius Black dies right? Or...

I don't read the books. I watch the movies.

I'm only reading this because... it's here. I get to... say to little kids that come in 'I know how it ends' and they'll all be like 'OMG!'

Comment

ah! thats ok then. wish i could see the kids faces though

sigpic

Comment

Okay, I'm on page... 33 lol (kind of slow).

I have no clue what's going on!

Snape's evil? Well... of course... duh.

Death Eaters?

Big escape from Azkaban?

Dementors being... evil-evil?

Order of the Pheonix?

... I'm gonna read this one first because otherwise I'll probably never read it. My boss will put it in the system next week and start lending it out to people so I won't get a chance.

I'll have at least today and Monday to read it.

After that... I'm gonna read the rest lol.

*goes back to reading*

Comment

You shouldve read all the others ones first lol!

And cause ICT's so boring-

Death Eaters- People who work for Voldermort

Azkaban- Wizard prison, very high security and its terrible

Dementors- suck out all your hapinness and leave you feeling like you'll never be happy again. They guard Azkaban and a lot of the prisoners lose the will to live cause of them

Order of the Phoenix- A group of people planning on overthrowing Voldermort

Hope this helps

sigpic

Comment

Well, I finished the book, and I have to say it's me favourite so far. Its style was slightly different from the others, or at least that's what I thought. I don't think it was nescessarily darker than the others, but I get the feeling kids won't enjoy it as much,
                Spoiler:
                what with all the Voldemort-related flashbacks, and all the relationships. Imagine a kid asking "Mummy, why would Ron want to eat Lavender Brown's face?"

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                  You shouldve read all the others ones first lol!

And cause ICT's so boring-

Death Eaters- People who work for Voldermort

Azkaban- Wizard prison, very high security and its terrible

Dementors- suck out all your hapinness and leave you feeling like you'll never be happy again. They guard Azkaban and a lot of the prisoners lose the will to live cause of them

Order of the Phoenix- A group of people planning on overthrowing Voldermort

Hope this helps
                  Okay, I know about Azkaban and the Dementors. I just didn't know about a big break out and the Dementors starting to work for the 'Dark Lord'.

I'm on page... 71 now.

Go me...

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
                    Well, I finished the book, and I have to say it's me favourite so far. Its style was slightly different from the others, or at least that's what I thought. I don't think it was nescessarily darker than the others, but I get the feeling kids won't enjoy it as much,
                    Spoiler:
                    what with all the Voldemort-related flashbacks, and all the relationships. Imagine a kid asking "Mummy, why would Ron want to eat Lavender Brown's face?"
                    You finished reading it already???

I started reading it about... well, almost two hours ago and I'm on page 71!

Comment

I finished it half an hour or so ago... I loved it and thats all I'm coherent enough to say!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nessva
                        I finished it half an hour or so ago... I loved it and thats all I'm coherent enough to say!!!!
                        When did you start reading it?

I'm on page 175/607!

Comment

I bought the book at 8am, started reading, but spent about 4 hours at a uni fare today, and finished it around 6pm

Comment

Originally posted by Nessva
                            I bought the book at 8am, started reading, but spent about 4 hours at a uni fare today, and finished it around 6pm
                            I started reading it about... less than 6 hours ago lol.

But I've had some interupptions (working at the library). I also had lunch, and just now I finished reorganizing the Non-Fic section by putting it in numerical order. It was going horizontally, and had to go vertically.

That's a lot of books...

Back to reading now!

239/607!

An hour and a half before I go home. Maybe I can really read it on Monday!

Comment

I loved the book. So funny and heartwrenching!

If it's possible, I'd like to share my theory with some other people who've read the book. How does one do spoiler text?
                              Spoiler:
                              Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Wow great book so much better then the last one IMHO. 13 hours of reading, man my eyes feel weired

I want the next one now

Originally posted by memnarch
                                If it's possible, I'd like to share my theory with some other people who've read the book. How does one do spoiler text?
                                Just put these either side of what you want to say, SPOILER /SPOILER in [ ] brackets

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
                                DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Working...
                                X