Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A nice little article by Stephen King on the conclusion of the series:
    http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2004...044682,00.html

This in particular, pretty much voices exactly how I feel, as one of those people who have literally grown up with Harry Potter:
    And I'm a grown-up, for God's sake — a damn Muggle! Think how it must be for all the kids who were 8 when Harry debuted in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, with its cartoon jacket and modest (500 copies) first edition. Those kids are now 18, and when they close the final book, they will be in some measure closing the book on their own childhoods — magic summers spent in the porch swing, or reading under the covers at camp with flashlights in hand, or listening to Jim Dale's recordings on long drives to see Grandma in Cincinnati or Uncle Bob in Wichita. My advice to families containing Harry Potter readers: Stock up on the Kleenex. You're gonna need it. It's all made worse by one unavoidable fact: It's not just Harry. It's time to say goodbye to the whole cast, from Moaning Myrtle to Scabbers the rat (a.k.a. Wormtail). Which leads to an interesting question — will the final volume satisfy Harry's longtime (and very devoted) readers?

Comment

I think there's going to be a huge amount of fan outcry, regardless of who dies and how. It will be the death of sirius times a thousand!
      Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
      The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
      I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
      A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
      That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
      Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
      Caboose: They could be worse?
      Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Now, there's an idea - what would Harry Potter be like if Stephen King had written it?
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

im soo happy just got my tickets for the midnight showing!!!!
          sigpic
          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

stupid movie theatre here...can't get tickets in advance...grrrr
            sigpic

Comment

Ok, so who caught JKR on "Friday Night with Jonathan Ross" last night?
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                Ok, so who caught JKR on "Friday Night with Jonathan Ross" last night?
                Saw it on Mugglenet.

Comment

Jonathan's "spell" that he cast when the audience were heckling him still has me giggling.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                    Jonathan's "spell" that he cast when the audience were heckling him still has me giggling.
                    It was the middle of the night when I was watching it and had a great deal of difficulty restraining myself from laughing out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                      It was the middle of the night when I was watching it and had a great deal of difficulty restraining myself from laughing out loud.
                      I damn near fell off my chair I was laughing so hard.
                      sigpic

Comment

Here is a question for you all:

I'm watching Prisoner of Azkaban. In the beginning, Harry is practicing his Lumos Maxima spell...
                        Um, isn't magic outside of Hogwarts forbidden? I can't remember if it's in the book...

Comment

yea, i know..magic outside hogwarts is forbidden...and i believe it is in the book

*grabs POA and looks*

nope, nevermind, it isn't in the beginning of the book...in the book, harry is on his bed, reading
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Erised View Post
                            Here is a question for you all:

I'm watching Prisoner of Azkaban. In the beginning, Harry is practicing his Lumos Maxima spell...
                            Um, isn't magic outside of Hogwarts forbidden? I can't remember if it's in the book...
                            It is forbidden in the book for anyone who hasn't passed sixth year- can't remember about the films though, but I remember thinking the Lumos Maxima thing was odd. Did Harry get a letter of reprimand from the ministry in the second movie when Dobby dropped the cake, or was that just in the book? Because if that happened, then it's definitely an inconsistancy in the films.

Comment

Yeah I can't believe JKR wasn't like "wait a minute!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Erised View Post
                                Yeah I can't believe JKR wasn't like "wait a minute!!"
                                Apparently she was with when
                                Spoiler:
                                Kreacher was originally excluded from the script for Order of the Pheonix, but she told the writers that they needed to put him back in there or they would be problems later on.....

Comment

Working...
                                X