No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For $100 USD, I'd expect something a bit special. Hand bound in vellum for example...
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

yeah and more
      sigpic
      Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

The bound in page marker containing a strand of JK Rowling's hair, for example?
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

that would be cool
          sigpic

Comment

The poor woman would be as bald as I am if everyone wanted a strand of hair.
            sigpic

Comment

yeah cant image that
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                The poor woman would be as bald as I am if everyone wanted a strand of hair.
                LMAO

Which Garth Nix book are they offering? He's written some fantastic YA stuff, don't know about his children's books though.

Comment

"Mister Monday", I think...
                  sigpic

Comment

hey is anyone from Australia of knows what movie the trailer is showing in front of here. I went to see Spiderman 3 the other day and just like i suspected the trailer wasn't being shown there. Stupid people always change things for Australia. still really want to see this trailer on the big screen.
                    ghjkghjkghjuihjksigpic

ghukgyukukgyugyutyutyu

Comment

Annnnd.....surprise surprise (okay, not really ), there is going to be a Harry Potter theme park opening at Universal Studios Florida in 2010.

http://www.mugglenet.com/

Comment

omg! that is soooo cool and so not suprising as you said Trek_Girl42....and it opens in 3 years...hmmm, never been to florida, may have to plan a trip down there
                        sigpic

Comment

Cool thing is, it sounds like JKR has been involved in the project.

It would be cool if the theme park could incorperate stuff that didn't make it into the books.

Comment

Like, we have a Harry Potter thread? I can't believe that I haven't stumbled across this sooner considering how long I've been here.

And a theme park in Florida!? Glad I live down here. Or up, depending upon where you are on the map.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
                              Like, we have a Harry Potter thread? I can't believe that I haven't stumbled across this sooner considering how long I've been here.

And a theme park in Florida!? Glad I live down here. Or up, depending upon where you are on the map.
                              Ooh, luckiness. I'd go. Except I'm averse to hot weather.

Comment

My kneejerk reaction was 'f*** no', because I still remember how hard the Star Wars Lightspeed ride in Disney's MGM park sucked. Got a really nice hat at the gift shop though.
                                Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                                The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                                I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                                A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                                That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                                Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                                Caboose: They could be worse?
                                Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                                X