This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
    Meekly ask,does anyone know if there are any plans in the offing for the Film to be shown on Sky Movies?
    If England's taste in movies is anything like its taste in food, you should be getting it any time now.

Comment

Hmmm! Good point.

Still want to see DH in action though!(If the dialogue gets too cheesy,I'll just switch the sound off. )
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I only saw about 30-40 minutes of the movie before I *ahem* fell asleep but it was enough to see David Hewlett looking nice and scruffy and brooding and cute. I must have missed the buff parts, just saw him in the lab thru the part where they were performing surgery to insert the tracking device in the snake. Obligatory *sheesh* here.

So was David Boreanaz's wife the gal who played Monica Bond??

The dialogue was oh-so-bad and cheesy. I presume all the cliched "hunter" guys got eaten by the snake? I pegged them for snake-snacks as soon as I saw them. Except maybe for the not-so-enthusiastic son. Why does one of these types always have to be a "Tex". *Sigh*

Really looking forward to seeing Mr. Hewlett in Atlantis. Hope they find a way to show off his buffness since I missed it last night.
        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

well i saw the whole movie....yes it was cheesy, but still good acting in some places... i like the two main heros and storu is pretty good....after that i went to see Jurasick Park

Comment

Didn't get to see it until last night.It's agood thing I sorta like movies like this .No big suprises as to who makes it & who doesn't.My personal predictions as to who was marked "snake-snack" from the get go pretty well panned out.

D Hewlett looked mighty fine,I must say...
            nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

It looked incredibly cheesy, I mean what kind of an idea was that? Two snakes fighting eachother? Sounds retarded! Know, it looks stupid too.
              SAM: Mayborne, you are an idiot every day of the week, why couldn't you of taken one day off?

JACK: What can possibly be in my eye that could explain this?

Comment

Could someone refresh my memory?

I think Hewlett's character had the Boa and it was female right? And the snake they were trying to use the Boa to get rid of was the Python and male?
                "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Question, shouldn't the SciFI channel just come out of the closet and rename themselves the "Bad made for TV when Animals attack" channel? I am really, when does the Scifi channel even show Scifi (aside from Stargate and BSG). Its like the Food Channel showing nightly reruns of Cheers. Or the Speed channel showing the classic BBC series World at War. And do shows like Boa vs. Python even get close to the ratings to pay for the budget? Good grief

Comment

Originally posted by AnUbIs2004
                    Question, shouldn't the SciFI channel just come out of the closet and rename themselves the "Bad made for TV when Animals attack" channel? I am really, when does the Scifi channel even show Scifi (aside from Stargate and BSG). Its like the Food Channel showing nightly reruns of Cheers. Or the Speed channel showing the classic BBC series World at War. And do shows like Boa vs. Python even get close to the ratings to pay for the budget? Good grief
                    I wonder about that myself. Because those animals need to be villified any more than they already have been by society.
                    /zoologist
                    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Wasn't there a sequel to this movie as well?? I haven't seen it, and I don't know if I ever will, but if you look at it from a point of view as 'light' entertainment and don't expect much from it, it might be easier.
                      Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

Whoever did the special effects in that movie should hang their head down in shame. I actually own it on DVD, but only because DH has a leading role in it of course

Comment

Originally posted by Kensterman
                          Wasn't there a sequel to this movie as well?? I haven't seen it, and I don't know if I ever will, but if you look at it from a point of view as 'light' entertainment and don't expect much from it, it might be easier.
                          Actually, I've found that giving it the MST3K treatment works pretty well.
                          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                            Has anyone else seen the previews for this t.v. movie that's coming on the sci-fi channel? It looks fairly cheesy but has a long haired and quite buff-looking David Hewlett. So the McKay fans should be in for a treat.
                            That's David Hewlett? I never would have guessed. I've never actually watched the movie long enough to make it to the credits.

Really, it's a sad waste of some good acting talent. This movie is an old re-run i've seen many times, and "cheesy" doesn't even come close. It truly is a waste of time and acting talent if you ask me. Most of the Sci-fi Originals are an insult to the acting talents of the some of the actors they use.

Comment

Working...
                            X