Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, but there are so many threads to tie up. And besides, If James Cameron wanted to make it will happen. He is like a movie God

Comment

a movie would be great, at least they could tie things up. i thought the finale was really good.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

I was hoping that in the wake of the success of Joss Whedon's Serenity movie other canned shows might try to finish with a bang. The storyline could have got very very interesting with them stuck in there! (and maybe there could be some random unexplained by extremely good way for Max and Logan to get it on).

Comment

Okay I absolutely love this show! I watched season 1 when it first aired on Fox and then got disinterested in season 2. I recently bought both sets of DVD's when I saw that they were cheap. I know most people seem to like season 1 more but I definitely like season 2 the best. Probably because it has my two favorite characters (even counting Logan and Max) Joshua and Alec.
          Jessica Alba and Michael Weatherly were engaged but broke it off before they got married but not before the show ended. Last I heard she was engaged to a 1st AD she met on one of her movies.
          I thought that Jessica did an absolutely excellent job of acting in this show and I can't say I've seen her act as good since.
          As far as the cancellation Fox had told them that they would be picked up for another season but when the final list came out Dark Angel had been scrubbed and I don't think it was ever really explained why (thus the cliffhanger).
          If you listen to the audio commentaries on the dvd's (which I was a little disappointed in because they only have a few and only one that has the actors commenting) they tell you about the books that wrap up the series. They also give you a few juicy tidbits that answered some very pressing questions about the end for me. After I had those answered I didn't feel much need for the books.
          I would very much like for them to somehow make a movie but its very doubtful. It's been so long and Jessica has a semi-successful movie career, Michael has NCIS, and Jensen (aka Alec) has his own very successful show (now in its second season) Supernatural.
          Phew! That was a long post.
          Andromeda Fate
          Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
          "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
          "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
          "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
          "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. How do you use the dvds to make music videos and wallpapers? I have several moviemaking programs on my computer but I can't seem to upload the movies or whatever. I would like to make some but I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Help!
            Andromeda Fate
            Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
            "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_fate
              Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. How do you use the dvds to make music videos and wallpapers? I have several moviemaking programs on my computer but I can't seem to upload the movies or whatever. I would like to make some but I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Help!
              For vidding you'd need to rip the dvd's into another format (say .avi - divx etc), or at least backed up to your harddrive in dvd format, to be able to make clips for the videos. Which you need to do depends on what vidding software you intend to use.

For screencaps you need to either use a cap function in your dvd laying program (for example PowerDVD has one) or put the files through another program (like Virtualdub) and use it's screencap function to create a screencap (also requires a graphics program to paste and save the screencap file with). If you want any more advice or more specific answers then feel free to PM me about it.

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_fate View Post
                If you listen to the audio commentaries on the dvd's (which I was a little disappointed in because they only have a few and only one that has the actors commenting) they tell you about the books that wrap up the series. They also give you a few juicy tidbits that answered some very pressing questions about the end for me. After I had those answered I didn't feel much need for the books.
                Would it be possible to post the juicy tidbits (in spoilers if necessary)? I'd love to know where they were going to go with it....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

UK Fans - Fans in the UK who have never seen Dark Angel or have seen a few episodes, well The Sci-fi Channel is starting to re-show Dark Angel at 6:00pm from Wednesday onwards.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior View Post
                    UK Fans - Fans in the UK who have never seen Dark Angel or have seen a few episodes, well The Sci-fi Channel is starting to re-show Dark Angel at 6:00pm from Wednesday onwards.
                    i've seen them before, but ill watch them anyway. i really enjoyed the show, so any excuse to watch it again

sig by starlover1990

Comment

This show was so awesome, why did the have to cancel it? Oh yeah hi i'm new, anyway, I remeber the first time I saw that show, it blew me away. I don't think Jessica Alba has done anything quite like that show since.

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
                        Would it be possible to post the juicy tidbits (in spoilers if necessary)? I'd love to know where they were going to go with it....
                        spoilers for the end of dark angel
                        /
                        /
                        /
                        /
                        /
                        /
                        /
                        okay, so these aren't really that exciting. Basically in the commentaries they just tell us that eventually they do find a cure for the virus so that Max and Logan can be together again.
                        The weird breeding cult thing originates from a time when a comet hit the earth bringing a virus that killed most of humanity. Those that survived had a specific gene that kept them alive. The breeding cult passes down this gene from generation to generation in preparation for when another comet will hit the earth bringing the same plague. That way the cult would basically be the only ones who survived and would rule the earth.
                        The reason Max is special is because she also carries the gene that resists the virus and because of that they figure out a way to pass the antibody from person to person with a common cold (or something like that). So everybody survives.
                        If the series went on they would have had the transgenics trying to fit in with normal every day life. They wouldn't be hiding anymore but living in society etc. etc. To bad they cancelled it!
                        Andromeda Fate

Comment

after reading this i really wish they made 3rd season. it sounds like it would be prolly the best season ... transgenics trying to get with "normal" lives would give so much good material (remember eps where you have some of them living normal and then... "hi honey... *trash the wall, take out uzis*.. i'll explain" )
                          VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Has anyone in the UK been watching the repeats on SciFi?

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                              Has anyone in the UK been watching the repeats on SciFi?
                              Yup, I am. Its very good.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

There's one on in 45 minutes I'm gonna have to steal my brother's dvds once they stop repeating on tv...

Comment

Working...
                                X