Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah I am so sad that it got cancelled. I don't know why but I really liked it.
    and I can't buy it on dvd because there aren't dutch subtitles I liked Max so much.
    Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
      yeah I am so sad that it got cancelled. I don't know why but I really liked it.
      and I can't buy it on dvd because there aren't dutch subtitles I liked Max so much.
      Why do you need Dutch Subtitles? It looks like you can write english well. Are you deaf? (not sounding offensive in anyway).
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

yeah ((((Anubis )))) Why do you need Dutch subtitles ?? I didn't get that either !!!!
        Anyway I'm making a little collage ..A tribute to Max and Logan first ..then perhaps others as a mythology tribute

And I'm getting the DVD's next month

Caty

Comment

Hi everyone, thought I'd share on my DA love.

I adored the show and never missed an episode. I'm hoping to buy the DVd's soon, I've already read all 3 official books. I'd heard they weren't too good but I really enjoyed them, still left wanting more though (NB: Only way I could get them was imported from US using Amazon marketplace). Anyone got any links to decent DA fanfic sites? I know there's quite a bit on ff.net but it's not organised very well because it's a smaller fandom.

I know alot of fans complained the second season wasn't very good but I still liked it alot - it gave them more freedom to explore what manitcore had been up to. I was sad it got cancelled but still hope maybe they might make a film or miniseries (especially if they get good DVD sales?).

Once I get the DVD's I might make a few music vids for the show since I've got a few ideas hanging around. Also got some unfinished DA fics that maybe rewatching it all will help with. Got a friend who I'm going to be introducing to the show over the holidays

Anyway, thanks for the virtual season link Matt G. Will have to check that out, hope it's good. I've read some of the Quantum Leap virtual seasons and they were excellent so I'm hoping the virtual Dark Angel to be just as good - with such dedicated fans there's a good chance. Shame I haven't got time to read any today/this week (exams )

On a slightly related note I'm glad to see Jessica Alba's career is taking off again, might produce more interested in Dark Angel even. I also watched a clip of an interview with her recently from back when the show was airing and I'd never suspected she was only 19 when she was in it!

Comment

Just discovered this thread...

I really enjoyed Dark Angel... enjoyed the whole Max/Logan UST... but really loved the Mantacore conspiracy arc. Jessica Alba really looked the part.
            I don't think Jessica Alba and Michael Weatherly were actually married... they were engaged I think and then went their separate ways. I don't know if Michael Weatherly will return though if they ever get to make the series again... he's doing extremely well with NCIS.

I agree that the first season was much better. But annoyed with Channel 7 here in Australia for taking it off prime time spot and moving it to an unearthly timeslot.
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Bringing this thread back to life!

I just finished watching Season 2 today.

I'm sad now that it's over.

I was kind of disappointed with the ending. It cleared up nothing

I LOVE Alec! He's just too awesome.

I actually made some screencaps today (and found very few pics on the net) and made some icons:

Personal favorites: the second 'Cheeky *******', 'All Smiles', and the first Alec one with no text.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
              Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Question, what happened to the blonde friend in S1? Did her character leave the show just because she moved in with that one dude (which i dont think we met). Although she wasn't special to me or anything, i had a big 'huh' moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                  Question, what happened to the blonde friend in S1? Did her character leave the show just because she moved in with that one dude (which i dont think we met). Although she wasn't special to me or anything, i had a big 'huh' moment.
                  Yeah, at the end of the season she was saying that she was moving in with 'Mr. Multiples'.

*can't believe she remembered that*

I wonder what happened to what's her face... The one from the S1W that was trying to go after Logan... I forget, did she and her gang go off to Canada, or did they stay?

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                  Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I think I've only seen a few episodes of the show. Though I wish they would've kept it on the air because it did look like a really good show.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jack O'Neill
                      I think I've only seen a few episodes of the show. Though I wish they would've kept it on the air because it did look like a really good show.
                      I thought the show got a bit funky when they had all these mutated people walking around.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                        I wonder what happened to what's her face... The one from the S1W that was trying to go after Logan... I forget, did she and her gang go off to Canada, or did they stay?
                        Asha? I thought she was in s2 too, something about her and Alec meeting. I think she might have been in the books too but it's been so long I really can't remember accurately. Everyone should read the books, gives it all a much more definite ending.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                          I'm starting this thread to talk about "Dark Angel"..I love that show ..I know it was cancelled after season 2 ..I don't get it ..I was so sad when I saw the final last week ...it was such an original show in a chaotic dark world but the mythology was unique and amazing .

Is there anybody out there who liked that show ?
                          Why?
                          What do you like most about it apart from Max ( for the guys) and Logan ( for the girls ) obviously ?

and let's talk about Dark angel

Gosh it was so good

Caty
                          Oooh caty good of you to start this thread. Yeah Dark Angel was ssooooooooooooooooo great !!!! I really would like to know why did they cancelled the show. But oke so we get to see Jessica Alba in movies like Honey and Sin City where she looks really hot but I like her like she was in Dark Angel. First the curly hair so wonderfull. In season 2 she got long hair even prettier !
                          Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by LouisaB
                            We can but hope to see it come back in a televised or film form. I just figured the books would be better than nothing but have had trouble finding out information about which one(s) are the ones that continue the story from the cliffhanger at the end of the second season. From what I can gather there are some books out there that are separate to the resolution of the story. But I have found so little information on them I am asking around. I have unfortunately not come across any in my local book store either. Fingers crossed I will find out which ones they are before too long.
                            There are three "Dark Angel" novels written by Max Allan Collins. First is "Before the Dawn" and is a prequil to the series. Cover's Max's life from after she and the others escaped from Manticore until we see her in Seattle in the first episode.

The novels "Skin Game" and "After the Dark" pick up after season two's cliffhanger. I've not read these books yet, but have all 3 on order from Amazon.com. Here's a link to the books, dvd's, soundtrack cd's, then some other stuff that the search included, but doesn't have anything to do with the series.

There is also "The Eye's Only Dossier" available by a D.A. Stern. It's an assemblage of files by Logan Cale. Not a story, but sounds interesting none the less.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...s=dark%20angel
                            Last edited by Larry; 25 July 2005, 02:06 PM.
                            Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
                            O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
                            O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

Before The Dawn is a great read to expand on Max's past, also best to read it before the other 2 sequel to the series books. The Eyes Only Dossier is intriguing too.

Anyway, noticed Brenda James (played Valerie Cale in "411 on the DL" Season 1 ep 6 Dark Angel) is starring as Dr. Katie Brown in SGA Season 2 episode 4 "Duet".

Comment

The community of actors from Vancouver really seem to get around. I've seen many actors and actresses from Dark Angel also have rolls in Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, and Battlestar Galactica. Kandyse McClure played Annie, Joshua's short lived girlfriend, and is now a regular on Battlestar Galactica playing Petty Officer Dualla. Lots and lots of these actors criss cross over the shows filmed in Vancouver.
                                Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
                                O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
                                O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X