Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, whilst the show certainly still was in living memory in the UK, it hadn't been on the air in any meaningful way (much as that hurts to say) since 1989. So - there WAS mystery - both for new viewers who only had vague ideas of what the show was about, and for the old fans who were tuning in and wondering exactly what this new era was going to bring.

None of us knew about the Time War in those early days - a new element of mystery to the Doctor's "past" (post Survival/Telemovie).

(Doctor C - If you don't know what Survival and or the Telemovie are, Google.)
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      I disagree. There's still more than enough mystery to the character. But ultimately the show would get equally as boring if we didn't get a few tidbits of information every so often.
      When we see the bed he used to wet in the crappy shack he grew up in...there aint much left.

I like Sharky
      sigpic

Comment

What did the Doctor mean by "This is who I am. Right here, right now. Alright? All that counts is here and now. And this is me!"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor C View Post
          What did the Doctor mean by "This is who I am. Right here, right now. Alright? All that counts is here and now. And this is me!"
          You'll find out a lot more about the Doctor as you go on but in this case it simply means as he says. He wants Rose to consider just the person he is then and there and not want to know too much about his past because he's ashamed of it and doesn't even want to look back himself. Basically he's saying to take him on face value and judge him on what he does in the moment and that's all.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Doctor C, I suggest a course in Media Studies, and Deconstructing Literature.
            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
            and lots more!

Comment

What does Rose mean by "Yeah. And I'm here too. Cause you brought me here. So just tell me!"?

Comment

What does Rose mean by "Yeah. And I'm here too. Cause you brought me here. So just tell me!"?
                No, seriously.

Comment

No, seriously.
                  She means that since he took her into a dangerous, unknown world, she is entitled to know how her brain has been affected by alien technology.
                  "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Why did she want to know who he was?

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                      She means that since he took her into a dangerous, unknown world, she is entitled to know how her brain has been affected by alien technology.
                      Just imagine how the Alien Technology must feel..
                      I like Sharky
                      sigpic

Comment

Why did he finally tell her who he was and about the Time War when he took home on Earth in 2005?

Comment

Is this your first time ever in watching Dr Who?
                          I don't say that to be snarky, but to give some context to your questions.
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Why did he finally tell her who he was and about the Time War when he took home on Earth in 2005?
                            Will you answer the question, please?

Comment

His question was a fair question given your questions.

I suggest to keep people wanting to help answer your questions, you answer ours too.
                              and lots more!

Comment

*Gives the Cosmichobo an Artron energy Star*
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X