Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about the TARDIS (Spoilers Deep Breath)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember when the Doctor could afford to have more then one.
    I like Sharky
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
      Speaking of changes in the TARDIS, anyone remember when the Ninth Doctor said that the phone on the TARDIS side didn't work and how creepy it was when the gasmask boy was able to use it?
      Funny how he managed to change that.
      That was a change. I don't remember if Ten ever used that phone but Eleven used it many times.

I like that Twelve now has a leather lounge chair on the upper level! Made me smile, do you think it has a seat belt?

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
        Ahh Yes. Doctor Who's MOST VILIANOUS Enemy. The Ones he can NEVER defeat.

The BBC Bean-counters.
        And this "spare room" was always my most favorite.

http://incoherent.net/wp-content/upl.../04/DWJa01.jpg

Is that Sarah Jane Smith ?

I don't remember the "spare room" what was in there?
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
          That was a change. I don't remember if Ten ever used that phone but Eleven used it many times.

I like that Twelve now has a leather lounge chair on the upper level! Made me smile, do you think it has a seat belt?
          It's a nice callback to the Eighth Doctor. I only hope he can navigate less bumpily, otherwise he might find that lounge chair on his head.
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            Is that Sarah Jane Smith ?

I don't remember the "spare room" what was in there?
            Yes. That is Sarah Jane. That is from the "Masque of the Mandragora(?)" While walking thru the tardis the Doctor from one console room to the orginal. They passed this room with a pair of boots sitting in the door.
            It was a vast room with just those boots sitting in it. Sarah asked him what the room was for. The Doctor looks at it then just says "Boot cupboard" and walks off.
            I like Sharky
            sigpic

Comment

I miss the movement the tardis used to have inside the console center (forgive me, mind going blank, can't remember the name of that portion).

Comment

Originally posted by LeonK View Post
                I miss the movement the tardis used to have inside the console center (forgive me, mind going blank, can't remember the name of that portion).
                The time rotor........

Yeah that used to be cool. When it was moving up and down you knew it was in flight....

Comment

The time rotor........

Yeah that used to be cool. When it was moving up and down you knew it was in flight....
                  Yes, exactly, thanks I couldn't remember the name of it lol.

I was kind of hoping with the new interior, that we'd get a moving time rotor again. Seems so....bland?....not having it in there.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonK View Post
                    Yes, exactly, thanks I couldn't remember the name of it lol.

I was kind of hoping with the new interior, that we'd get a moving time rotor again. Seems so....bland?....not having it in there.

But don't they have the spinning dials with symbols on them at the top? Makes me think of a stargate every single time...... Maybe that's where they got the inspiration..

Comment

But don't they have the spinning dials with symbols on them at the top? Makes me think of a stargate every single time...... Maybe that's where they got the inspiration..
                      Indeed, they do have those spinning dials, yet how often are they seen? The console is seen a lot, and thus the time rotor is seen a lot, and it's just a little something I was hoping to see again, and that it isn't there is a little disappointing. If that makes any sense, or even if it doesn't.

Comment

I adored the telemovie console's time rotor... 2 pieces coming together from above and below... glorious.

I know the steampunk console's rotor could move, but was too noisy, so the didn't tend to use it.

And the.. Tom era console over time got very rough in its up and down movements, they were very happy to see it go come The Five Doctors...
                        Last edited by cosmichobo; 29 August 2014, 04:30 AM.
                        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                        and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                        X