Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the worst companion ever of Doctor Who?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda sad that they've never been in the same room since the day they parted ways about a year after they married...
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

Hopefully they will both be in the same room soon. Big Finish are planning some Fourth Doctor/Romana II audio dramas.

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/tba-993

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/...s-edition-1001
      Last edited by Blencathra; 05 March 2014, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        I remember who the character was but not what they did on the show.......
        Sat in a chair mostly.
        I like Sharky
        sigpic

Comment

I remember who the character was but not what they did on the show.......
          Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
          Sat in a chair mostly.
          The robot was created with advertising in mind - I think he/it was in a car ad? Then the creators/owner approached JN-T, showed him what it could do, and so Kamelion was born.

Unfortunately soon thereafter, the guy who did all the programming to control its movements died... So they were very limited to what they could get it to do.

There was at least 1 more Kamelion story planned, but it was scrapped, giving us just King's Demons and Planet of Fire".
          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
          and lots more!

Comment

The problem with kamelion was that JNT's imagination and ambition were not in touch with the reality of how limited the production and budget levels were for Dr.Who in the mid 80's. At least on this one point.
            I like Sharky
            sigpic

Comment

Was Kamelion an actual robot? Wow!!!!!!!

What could it do if programmed?
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Haven't seen much of classic who jet (still). And out of the knew companions I kant Say there is someone I don't like. I don't like Martha a much as the others, but I can't realy say why. I think for one reason I don't like her ending um with UNIT. And I was also annyed by her cruch on the Doctor directly after Rose. And while I see, why so many people don't like Rose (even I can't stand what she's doing with Mickey some of the time) I somehow understand her and what can I say? She was my first companion (more or less) so I can't but like her.
                Mayby the very worse companion was Donna in the Run-Away-Bride. I like the episode, I LOVE Donna as a fulltime companion but in that special she is soooo anoying.
                Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Was Kamelion an actual robot? Wow!!!!!!!

What could it do if programmed?
                  Oh yes, a fully articulated robot, that could "speak" (ie moving mouth).

It couldn't actually walk... so that's why as noted, it sat down a lot... But his arms and hands could move, head, neck, torso... Quite amazing, really.

I think the biggest issue once the lost the programmer was not being able to lip sync dialogue... Not to mention simply getting it to "act" according to a new script... hence in Planet of Fire, they developed the split personality, allowing "Silver Howard" to provide some extra action.

and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenee View Post
                    Haven't seen much of classic who jet (still). And out of the knew companions I kant Say there is someone I don't like. I don't like Martha a much as the others, but I can't realy say why. I think for one reason I don't like her ending um with UNIT. And I was also annyed by her cruch on the Doctor directly after Rose. And while I see, why so many people don't like Rose (even I can't stand what she's doing with Mickey some of the time) I somehow understand her and what can I say? She was my first companion (more or less) so I can't but like her.
                    Mayby the very worse companion was Donna in the Run-Away-Bride. I like the episode, I LOVE Donna as a fulltime companion but in that special she is soooo anoying.
                    Amusingly enough I find your statement about Run Away Bride very spot on. Donna is my favourite companion, but I was not keen on her during the first half of that episode. However, she really did redeem herself towards the end of it (at least, I felt she did when I went back and rewatched it) and when she came back as a fulltime companion I ended up completely adoring her.
                    sigpic
                    My Site || My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by misskitten View Post
                      Amusingly enough I find your statement about Run Away Bride very spot on. Donna is my favourite companion, but I was not keen on her during the first half of that episode. However, she really did redeem herself towards the end of it (at least, I felt she did when I went back and rewatched it) and when she came back as a fulltime companion I ended up completely adoring her.
                      I really loved Donna as the companion....... Until they did that unthinkable thing to her at the end..... Did not like what they did.

Comment

I really loved Donna as the companion....... Until they did that unthinkable thing to her at the end..... Did not like what they did.
                        It was indeed horrid... And I loved them for it.
                        and lots more!

Comment

Donna's exit was without a doubt the saddest
                          sigpic
                          My Site || My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by misskitten View Post
                            when she came back as a fulltime companion I ended up completely adoring her.
                            dito

Well but what the whriters etc did to her/let happen to her shouldn't effect, what you think about her as a character should it?
                            Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenee View Post

Well but what the whriters etc did to her/let happen to her shouldn't effect, what you think about her as a character should it?

It doesn't........ I still love Donna

I don't love what path the writers took with her leaving though. That was really one of the nastiest things ever to happen to a companion... I still love the companion of Donna Noble to bits though despite that.

Comment

Ok, wasn't sure if I were getting right what you meant.

And yes, it probably WAS the worst thing ever happend to a companion.

Comment

Working...
                                X