Big Finish Audio Dramas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't rank them in order either.

Sounds like there will be another Big Finish announcement today.

A couple of tweets yesterday.

Thanks to everyone who came to see us at #DoctorWhoFestival Day One! We'll see you again tomorrow at booth DW5!
    And for those of you at home - they'll [sic] be another #DoctorWho reveal for you to enjoy!
    https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/665235871889809408

Sorry. Trying to be enthusiastic. But I'm feeling a bit numb watching the news from Paris.

Comment

Pic of the upcoming War Doctor set.

Click for bigger.

Another great looking set.

Comment

I finished UNIT: Extinction last night & enjoyed it immensely. So exciting!

I loved the whole Spearhead From Space/Terror of the Autons feel to it. Plastic chairs!

They have a great new team in Kate Stewart/Colonel Shindi/Captain Carter/Osgood. I think they work really well together.

I particularly enjoyed the little flirtation between Josh Carter & Osgood. He’s so cheeky and charming and she hasn't a clue what to do. It’s all so adorable!

Can’t wait for the next one!

Comment

Big Finish have been nominated several times for the BBC Audio Drama Awards 2016.

Here's the short list.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/arti...016-short-list

Comment

Special Offers on our BBC Audio Drama Awards Nominations!

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/spec...ds-nominations

Big Finish is delighted to have four of our titles nominated in the 2016 BBC Audio Drama Awards – and we're celebrating with special offers on all of our selected releases!

Established in 2012 to pay tribute to the cultural importance of audio drama, on air and online, the BBC Audio Drama Awards recognise the actors, writers, producers and sound designers who work in the format.

To celebrate our four nominations, we're reducing the price of all four selections for the next 48 hours – letting listeners at home judge for themselves!

First up we have Dark Shadows: Bloodlust, our special mini-series written by Alan Flanagan, Will Howells and Joseph Lidster and directed by Ursula Burton and David Darlington (who also serves as Sound Designer). Across 13 haunting instalments, the town of Collinsport is ripped apart by a terrifying supernatural threat – and you can pick up the entire series as part of a Bundle for just £30.

Next we have The Judgement of Sherlock Holmes written by Jonathan Barnes and directed by Ken Bentley, with sound design by Jamie Robertson. This thrilling four story set uncovers the untold adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Nicholas Briggs) after the Reichenbach Falls, and is available for only £20 on both CD and Download.

Our next nomination is Survivors: The Hunted, the third story of Survivors: Series 2. Written and directed by Ken Bentley with sound design by Neil Gardner, this horrific story see the Survivors stalked by a group of deadly predators. You can pick up the entire second series for only £20 on CD and Download.

Finally, The Omega Factor: The Old Gods (part of The Omega Factor: Series 1) see Dr Anne Reynolds (Louise Jameson) and Adam Dean (John Dorney) investigating a shocking mystery in the midst of an isolated cult. Written by Phil Mulyrne and directed by Ken Bentley, with sound design by Martin Montague, you can pick up all of series one for only £20 on CD or Download.

All of these offers run until 6pm on Thursday, 19th of November – so order now!

A massive congratulations to all of our nominees – you're all winners in our ears!

Other friends of Big Finish with nominations include Who's Round presenter Toby Hadoke for his comedy drama The Dad Who Fell to Earth, Torchwood: Forgotten Lives star Eve Myles for her performance in Frank and the Bear, Doctor Who: Dark Eyes 4's Sorcha Cusack for her role in Juno and the Paycock, Doctor Who: You Are the Doctor and Other Stories' Jon Culshaw as part of the Dead Ringers team, Sound Designer Wilfredo Acosta for Fight Club, and Doctor Who – The War Doctor's John Hurt for Jeffery Bernard is Unwell. Well done to everyone of them!

Comment

Ooh a nod for Survivors' "The Hunted"! That episode was chilling!
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I 'm realy hoping I get Survivors for Christmas.

At the moment I'm just starting on The Confessions of Dorian Gray, and loving every minute.

The Radio Times have an exclusive clip from the 10th Doctor Adventures. It sounds like loads of fun!

Clip at the link.

Clip on soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/big-finish/do...reaver-preview

Details http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-...-to-doctor-who
                Last edited by Blencathra; 18 November 2015, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Fancy a Big Finish T-shirt, bag or mug?

http://shop.spreadshirt.co.uk/bigfinish/

Use code 15SNOW to receive £10 off all orders over £50. Must end 11pm Sunday (UK Time).

Comment

Another tease from Big Finish

... Join us tomorrow [23rd Nov] as we celebrate the 52nd anniversary of Doctor Who with some great special offers and an exclusive new reveal!
                    http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/this...at-big-finis19

Comment

Radio Times have a clip of Only the Monstrous at the link.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-...-clip#facebook

Comment

Doctor Who – Special Offers on the Top 20 Main Range Titles!

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doct...n-range-titles

Celebrate Doctor Who's 52nd Anniversary with special offers on our short list of hits!

Happy Birthday Doctor Who!

Our favourite time traveller turns 52 today, and we're celebrating with amazing offers on some very special titles.

After passing the milestone of 200 releases in our main range, we've been asking listeners to help us find out which stories YOU think are the very best.

We've narrowed the selection down to twenty top titles – and for the next week, you can enjoy them all at a bargain price.

The first six titles in our line-up are all still available at their permanently-reduced price of £2.99 each to download.

Comment

Ooh that's nice! There's a whole bunch of those I don't own, I'll have to sit down later to figure out how best to get them (individually per this sale vs subscriptions)...
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

There are a few I don't own either. I have rather neglected the Main Range unfortunately. I went for Circular Time, A Death in the Family, Robophobia, The Rani Elite & Last of the Cybermen.

Of the ones I do own on that list, I think my favourite is 1963: Fanfare for the Commen Men, which was absolutely fantastic. One of my absolute favourite Big Finish titles.

Comment

Good choices. Circular Time and A Death in the Family are two that I remember quite enjoying. And Robophobia is the debut of Liv Chenka! Last of the Cybermen was an interesting one too (even though I was rather put off by the conclusion of the "Locum Doctors" trilogy).

Comment

That's one reason why I went for Robophobia. I wanted to find out a bit more about Liv. Also The Robots of Death is one of my favourite stories.

I need to get the end of the Locum Doctors series. I haven't got that one yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X