No announcement yet.

Big Finish Audio Dramas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very excited on all fronts, but if I'm honest - it's the new UNIT Series and the Time War that I'm excited for in terms of new series releases! I just hope that we see some classic UNIT characters popping up. They seemed to have been laying the foundations of establishing a new UNIT line up, including the return of Yates. I'd hate to see that go to waste.

Side note - getting a little nostalgic for the Hex and Seven arc... cannot impress how beautifully that was all handled, especially when it got to Gods and Monsters. The whole thing was spectacular. I miss the second TARDIS team...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I highly doubt Eccleston would want to come back for some silly audio series, but Tennant and Smith returning is practically guaranteed now, plus their companions. Can't wait for the Big Finish 60th anniversary now that they have the new series to work with...
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Silly audio series??? Silly? SILLY??!!! I feel a Sixie style rant coming on.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
          Silly audio series??? Silly? SILLY??!!! I feel a Sixie style rant coming on.
          Yes, you seem to be channelling him quite well there Blen. *so proud*

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

My dear fellow, it's only just some dusty actors of a bygone age getting extra pension... it's not like anyone takes it seriously...
            (I challenge your Sixie rant with a Two troll.)
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
              My dear fellow, it's only just some dusty actors of a bygone age getting extra pension... it's not like anyone takes it seriously...
              (I challenge your Sixie rant with a Two troll.)
              Get the frak out.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

You... you do realize I'm just kidding right... guys...?

Comment

Indeed.

I've just spotted a bit of Big Finish gossip on Tumblr. From somebody who was at Dimensions 2015 this weekend.

I’ve just had dinner with the great Philip Hinchcliffe. ...

The Big Finish people are so nice and gracious. I had a chat with Joe Smith, Tom Saunders, Lisa Bowerman, Chase Masterson, and Nev Fountain. (I kind of loitered in the BF area a lot.)

You might be interested to know that Joe said, “It’s only a matter of time before Narvin shows up in the Time War audios.”

The next Benny box set seems to be in the pipeline, for release next year, but Lisa didn’t give any details. Also there’s gonna be another Hinchcliffe box set; he’s writing the second story now.
                  Excellent!

And hurrah! Narvin and a Series of Unfortunate Events Gallifrey V has just dropped through my letterbox.

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                    You... you do realize I'm just kidding right... guys...?
                    I'll let you wonder about that.

Indeed.

I've just spotted a bit of Big Finish gossip on Tumblr. From somebody who was at Dimensions 2015 this weekend.

Excellent!

And hurrah! Narvin and a Series of Unfortunate Events Gallifrey V has just dropped through my letterbox.
                    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I LOVE BIG FINISH!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Great news.

Can I ask what everyone here made of the first Hinchcliffe box set. I haven't got it yet as it is rather on the pricey side & I don't know if it is worth it or not. I keep thinking of the 4th Doctor Lost Stories set, where I enjoyed one of the stories but not the other.

Comment

Re: Philip Hinchcliffe Presents: Vastly overrated, IMO. It's one of the few releases that I've really regretting shelling out the cash for. To be clear: it's still entertaining, but in no timeline is it worth what they're charging for it.

And did we all enjoy Torchwood 1.2? I loved it! Tight direction, no time wasted, lovely performances from both actors (just the two of them carried the whole thing!), plus it was both intense and hilarious. I liked 1.1, but this one was better in every way
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          Re: Philip Hinchcliffe Presents: Vastly overrated, IMO. It's one of the few releases that I've really regretting shelling out the cash for. To be clear: it's still entertaining, but in no timeline is it worth what they're charging for it.
                          That's what I was worried about. It is a lot of money - currently £55 for the CD on the BF website. But I have found it elsewhere for £33. I'll think about it some more.

And did we all enjoy Torchwood 1.2? I loved it! Tight direction, no time wasted, lovely performances from both actors (just the two of them carried the whole thing!), plus it was both intense and hilarious. I liked 1.1, but this one was better in every way
                          I've decided that I won't be getting Torchwood just yet. There are quite a few things I want first, mainly Gallifrey & Bernice Summerfield. I'll perhaps look into Torchwood some other time, as I am seeing that lots of people like it.

Comment

That's what I was worried about. It is a lot of money - currently £55 for the CD on the BF website. But I have found it elsewhere for £33. I'll think about it some more.

I've decided that I won't be getting Torchwood just yet. There are quite a few things I want first, mainly Gallifrey & Bernice Summerfield. I'll perhaps look into Torchwood some other time, as I am seeing that lots of people like it.
                            I'm going to second Digi. There was nothing what so ever special about the Hinchcliff boxset. Buy more Gallifrey instead!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Oh, and by the way, Canada did send our Tories packing yesterday
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                                Oh, and by the way, Canada did send our Tories packing yesterday
                                I know. Well done!!

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                                I'm going to second Digi. There was nothing what so ever special about the Hinchcliff boxset. Buy more Gallifrey instead!
                                I already have!!! I listened to Gallifrey V and VI last night! I could not stop listening. And oh. my. word!!!!! It was absolutely brilliant! Wonderful, wonderful Gallifrey.

I have to say I am totally and completely and utterly in love with Narvin. I am so sorry Lucie Bleedin Miller, but you will have to step aside as my favourite Big Finish character, and let the Co-ordinator take your place. What a fantastic character he is! He has had the most fantastic journey with superb character development. I love his snark and his loyality and his outraged splutterings and his fear of spiders. I filled up with tears when he stopped behind with Leela in Extermination and I was grinning like an idiot at his excitement at killing a Dalek. I am more thrilled at Narvin killing his Dalek than hoards of superheroes swathing down legions of enemies. [BTW nice touch with the Daleks asking for mercy in these audios as well.] Well done Sean Carlsen for playing him so brilliantly.

Now on with Intervention Earth.

Shhhhh. I stole this off Tumblr. Hee!

Narvin: What’s this — you’re offering me something?
                                Braxiatel: Only my hand.
                                Andred: It’s a human custom. You say “how do you do” and clasp hands. A symbol of trust and friendship, apparently.
                                Narvin: How uplifting.

P.S. I think I'll just buy the Hinchcliffe box set if I find it going cheap second hand.
                                Last edited by Blencathra; 21 October 2015, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X