No announcement yet.

Big Finish Audio Dramas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the last Sixie box set (Worlds of Doctor Who) was rather disappointing, so I'm really hoping that this set delivers!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I've had time to get through part 1 of The Last Adventure so far today, and just loved it. Hope you guys enjoy!
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Glad you are enjoying it.

Comment

Trailer for The Last Adventure

Comment

Trailer for Jago & Lightfoot & Strax

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/po...-haunting-1342

Comment

Looking forward to starting the Last Adventure tonight!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Trailer for Torchwood - The Conspiracy

https://soundcloud.com/big-finish/to...piracy-trailer

and Torchwood - Fall to Earth

https://soundcloud.com/big-finish/to...-earth-trailer
                Last edited by Blencathra; 30 August 2015, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Special offers this weekend on The Companion Chronicles

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/spec...ion-chronicles

Comment

Tweet from Big Finish

The 10th of September is when everything changes. Pre-order #Torchwood: The Conspiracy today: http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-conspiracy-1294

_

Unfortunately I decided to give these Torchwood releases a miss as I've ordered a lot of other stuff, and I'd rather prefer a drama with all the cast together. But I'm interested to know what everyone thinks of them.

Comment

Wheeeeeee!!

Blake's 7 will return in 2016!

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/blak...return-in-2016

I'm so excited!

Comment

So, I got side tracked from The Last Adventure (mainly because I'm not listening to it on CD and right now I'm mostly playing audios on the car CD player whilst I commute). I'm currently listening to The Third Doctor Adventures.

I'm torn. I'm enjoying it. Because they ARE solid stories. Unfortunately the lead actor is distinctly not Pertwee and whenever I try to imagine him AS the Third Doctor it all falls apart. If this was an AU Doctor, then actually it's pretty damn good - a bit like the DW Unbound range... Also, I'm sorry - Katie Manning is far too old sounding to be playing Joe Grant. Some of the other actors manage to portray their younger selves beautifully, but not Manning. She exudes cheeky old lady. Especially when she laughs... so I'm a little saddened.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I've ordered that one from Amazon, so mine won't be coming until 30th September. I did like the trailer, so it will be interesting to hear the whole thing.

Comment

More Torchwood news

Torchwood: Gwen Cooper and Rhys Williams will return in November

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/torc...rn-in-november

Big Finish are thrilled to announce the return of Eve Myles and Kai Owen as husband-and-wife team Gwen Cooper and Rhys Williams in the third release of a new series of Torchwood Audio Dramas.

“Captain Jack's the poster boy, Ianto's the style, but Eve and Kai are the heart of Torchwood,” says producer James Goss. “Listening to the two of them back together is an utter joy. We pick up their story after Torchwood: Miracle Day. How has life been treating them? It's a delight to find out.”

Eve appeared in all 41 episodes of the popular BBC series, created by Russell T Davies. A dedicated police officer turned Torchwood second-in-command, Gwen fought tooth and nail to defend Cardiff and her family from the very worst the Rift had to offer. Husband Rhys supported her from home, keeping their infant daughter Anwen safe during the worldwide phenomenon known as the Miracle.

Eve and Kai return in Torchwood: Forgotten Lives. The couple are plagued by the same alien plot uncovered by Captain Jack Harkness (John Barrowman) in opening story Torchwood: The Conspiracy. Many years later, and Torchwood is just a fond memory for Gwen and Rhys. Then, one day, the phone rings....

Forgotten Lives is written by Emma Reeves who is the co-creator and lead writer of robot drama Eve for CBBC. Other TV credits include The Dumping Ground, Tracy Beaker Returns, Dead Gorgeous, Young Dracula, Spirit Warriors, The Murder of Princess Diana, Doctors and Belonging. She also writes for radio, and for stage, where her work includes the Olivier-nominated adaptation of Jacqueline Wilson’s Hetty Feather.

'I still can’t believe that I’ve been asked to write a story for the brilliant characters of Gwen and Rhys,' says Emma. 'I’ve been lucky enough to write for Eve before, on Belonging, and I know that she has a unique gift of imbuing every syllable with the deepest meaning. Getting Eve Myles and Kai Owen, too, is basically like winning the writer lottery.'

Eve will make a return appearance later in the series; of which more details will be revealed soon!

Torchwood: Forgotten Lives will be released in November, and can be pre-ordered today. Additional casting announcements will be made soon. It will be followed by three further stories at monthly intervals, through to February 2016. You can subscribe to all six titles today, starting with September's Torchwood: The Conspiracy.

______

I have to say I'm disappointed and I think I'll be gving these releases a definite miss. I absolutely detested Miracle Day and prefer to think it never happened. In my world Torchwood ended after Children of Earth, which was some of the best television I have ever watched.

Comment

Excited for Torchwood!

As you guys probably know - I've been sceptical of The Companion Chronicles, preferring the full cast audios to what are in effect dramatic readings. But after checking out the Stargate audios earlier in the year (which have a similar format to the CC) I elected to give the CC a chance.

Some - notably the ones focused on the first Doctor, are pretty dull.

However,

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/old-soldiers-463

I really have to recommend 'Old Soldiers'. Centring on The Brigadier, it was pretty obvious I'd love it. But it's so very engaging and perfectly written it genuinely feels like you're sitting down with a whiskey infront of a roaring fire in an Officers' Mess listening to The Brig tell war stories to you. I cannot stress how good this one is!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

If you guys missed the announcement -- the other day (the day Torchwood 1.1 dropped), BF announced that they're doing a second series of Torchwood. It'll begin releasing the very next month after Series 1 concludes!

Comment

Working...
                                X