No announcement yet.

Big Finish Audio Dramas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, good for them! Iterations of I was quite good!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Ianto Jones Returns

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2015/07...ce=twitterfeed

Audio Producer Big Finish have announced that fan-favourite actor Gareth David-Lloyd will star as Ianto Jones for the second release in a new series of Torchwood Audio Dramas.

Producer James Goss is delighted
      Well, how could we not? Ianto's such a brilliant character, and if we kept people on tenterhooks any longer, we'd be fools. Of course he's in it and as soon as possible. We recorded with him literally the first day after he finished a theatre tour. Did he want to put his feet up? Nope. He wanted to be Ianto.
      David-Lloyd appeared throughout the first three series of the TV verion of Torchwood, created by Russell T Davies. A mild-mannered administrator for the Torchwood team, Ianto helped defend Cardiff from the horrors of the rift, and aided the Tenth Doctor in a battle against the Daleks in two episodes of Doctor Who.

Ianto made his final TV appearance in the 2009 mini-series Children of Earth, but his popularity and legacy has stood the test of time, with a special commemorative memorial for the character erected in Cardiff Bay. The character's last outing was in a BBC Radio Play The House of the Dead part of the Torchwood: The Lost Files series broadcast in 2011.

The character will return in Fall To Earth, following on from John Barrowman's return as Captain Jack Harkness in the opening instalment, The Conspiracy.

Director Scott Handcock spoke about the recording

Seeing Gareth in studio was an absolute delight. He clearly loves the part and had a great time. And can't wait to be back.
      The new story will be released in October, allowing for an unbroken run of stories from September. Four more releases will follow at monthly intervals through 2016.

James Goss explained the timetable

There was originally going to be a gap after the first release, but we soon realised that everyone we spoke to was being so helpful, we'd be in studio a lot earlier. Actors, writers, agents, BBC Worldwide have all been amazing. So it's coming out early.
      Torchwood: Fall To Earth will be released in October.

Fall to Earth can be pre-ordered here - http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/tba-1295
      Last edited by Blencathra; 16 July 2015, 03:50 AM.

Comment

More and more I just want to sell my soul to Big Finish.

Televised Who can go hang as long as I've got my audios!

So excited for Torchwood!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

DOCTOR WHO: WIN FIVE MONTHLY RANGE TITLES

The official Big Finish Big 200 survey is live online now – and we're giving listeners the chance to vote and win!

After reaching the milestone of 200 releases in our Doctor Who Monthly Range with the release of Doctor Who: The Secret History, we wanted to poll our incredible fans to find out, definitively, which stories YOU think are the very best. From the completed entries, we will pick five lucky winners who will win five digital, main range releases of their choice.

But this is only the first part of the survey. From each batch of 20 releases we'll be looking for the best two which will leave us with 20 of the best releases across our 200. The second part of the survey, which will start after this one closes, will be to pick the best from the final 20. It's a bit like Eurovision, only more gripping and less political.

In that second survey we'll be dropping all 200 digital releases in the account of one lucky winner, chosen at random.

You can fill in your entries here via our questionnaire on Survey Monkey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/F9HNMGP

Good luck, and may the best release win!
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
            More and more I just want to sell my soul to Big Finish. Televised Who can go hang as long as I've got my audios!
            I feel like I should defend TV Who, but for some reason, I don't want to...
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
              I feel like I should defend TV Who, but for some reason, I don't want to...
              I'm not saying TV who is *bad* but the sheer quality of stories coming out of Big Finish (stories *without* gimmick) are just astounding. It's so rare to get a bad one, even when you THINK it's going to be bad, as was the case with 'We Are the Daleks' most recently.. which I expected to be atrocious... it's one of my favourite Dalek stories ever now! Even though it DOES have Mel in it!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

The Secrets of River Song’s Diary Revealed

River Song - once again played by Alex Kingston - will make her audio debut for Big Finish in January with The Diary of River Song, an epic four hour saga which takes her, post-The Wedding of River Song, on a journey from 1920?s Earth to Outer Space on a mission to discover The Rulers of the Universe.

“Steven Moffat had mentioned that he’d be happy for Big Finish to do stories with River Song” - says producer David Richardson, “and we leapt at the opportunity - and so did Alex Kingston! At every stage, this prouction had been swept along by excitement and enthusiasm. And that was reflected in the fact that #RiverSong trended for a few hours on Twitter when we first announced it.”

The series is script edited by Matt Fitton, who says -”River Song is one of the stand-out creations of post 2005 Doctor Who, and so to have her join the Big Finish universe for some adventures of her own is an incredibly thrilling prospect.”

“The Diary of River Song begins with River drawn out of self-imposed academic exile by an archaelological dig on 1920?s Earth. The Boundless Sea is written by Jenny T Colgan, who has been on my writing wish-list for a while and she’s created a funny, thrilling and scary adventure to kick-start River’s journey. From there, Professor Song heads to an impossibly glamorous gathering in Justin Richards’ I went to a Marvellous Party, where in true Melody Malone style, she’s called upon to investigate a murder. Next James Goss tells a brilliant twisted love story in Signs as River has some unexpected help in tackling the mysterious planet-killing SporeShips. The series finale is The Rulers of the Universe - written by me [Matt Fitton] - in which the Eighth Doctor is caught in the crossfire as River confronts both a manipulative elite secret society and an ancient and powerful alien force.”

Joining Alex Kingston as River are Paul McGann as the Doctor, Alexander Vlahos as Bertie, Alexader Siddig as Gifford, Imogen Stubbs as Isabella, and Samuel West as the enigmatic “Mr Song”.

- from Doctor Who Magazine 489

Comment

River Song in Doom Coalition 2

River returns in March’s Doom Coalition 2, which continues the Eighth Doctor saga that begins in November. Paul McGann plays the Doctor, Nicola Walker plays Liv Chenka and Hattie Morahan is their new friend Helen Sinclair - and the travellers soon find that both the past and the future are catching up with them when a sinister force threatens all of reality.

“River is more aware than most of the dangers of messing with the Doctor’s personal timeline,” says Matt Fitton, “so when she realises the ‘wrong’ Doctor is on the scene she must take steps. Along the way, she’ll get to meet his current companions and I think it’s fair to say she’ll be impressed with the company her future husband keeps.”

- from Doctor Who Magazine 489

Comment

Ooh...good shares there, Blen!

Comment

A few details/teases of the upcoming Torchwood series from Gareth David-Lloyd:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-...-going-to-work

Can't type it out here, posting this from my phone

Comment

AND a few details on Paul McGann's episode of "Classic Doctors, New Monsters," "The Sontaran Ordeal"!

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-who-sontar-ha

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          Ooh...good shares there, Blen!
                          You're welcome Digi. I hadn't seen an official Big Finish release so I copied out part of DWM.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          AND a few details on Paul McGann's episode of "Classic Doctors, New Monsters," "The Sontaran Ordeal"!

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-who-sontar-ha
                          I'm particularly excited about this one for a different reason than most, mainly because of the inclusion of Josette Simon in the cast. I don't know if you are aware that Josette played a character called Dayna in Blake's 7, but has distanced herself from the role and up til now hasn't taken part in the Big Finish B7 range. However, seeing this.... I have my fingers & everything crossed that when she sees what Big Finish are like and what they are capable of, then she may change her mind. If BF can get Tom Baker back doing Doctor Who, I believe they can do anything!

Comment

Doctor Who: Special Offers from the Top of the Polls!

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doct...p-of-the-polls

Doctor Who Magazine has published its 2014 Season Survey, and we're celebrating the best of Big Finish with special offers on our chart-topping releases.

This weekend, you can grab savings across the whole collection of releases, as featured in Doctor Who Magazine #489 (available from all good newsagents, supermarkets and comic shops!)

Top-ranking title Doctor Who: The Fifth Doctor Box Set has been reduced to its original pre-order price of just £25 on CD and £20 to Download. The set includes John Dorney's award-winning story Iterations of I which claimed the 2015 Scribe prize for Best Audios at San Diego Comic Con last week.

Also reverting to its pre-order price is The Worlds of Doctor Who – this lavish deluxe release can be yours for just £40 on CD and £20 to Download. Joining the set are Jago & Litefoot: Series 7 and Series 8, just £30 on CD and £25 on Download each.

Extra savings can also be enjoyed on Doctor Who: Dark Eyes 2 – just £20 on both CD and Download. Fourth Doctor Boxset Doctor Who: Phillip Hinchcliffe Presents has been reduced to £40 on CD and £30 to Download. On all CD purchases, relevant postage will be added.

Rounding up our special offers is a bundle containing Doctor Who: Masters of Earth, Doctor Who: The Crooked Man and Doctor Who: An Ordinary Life – three brilliant releases for just £30 on CD (with free UK postage) and £25 to download.

We've also created a Poll Toppers Super Bundle of these nine release for £215 on CD (with free UK postage) and £165 to download: allowing you to grab all the reduced titles at once! These offers must end at Noon Monday (UK Time).

Also available is Doctor Who: The New Adventures of Bernice Summerfield Volume 1 – already permanently reduced to just £20 on both CD and Download.

Congratulations to all our chart-topping writers, producers, directors, sound-designers and countless hard-working individuals who worked on these brilliant releases, and a massive thanks to all readers of Doctor Who Magazine who voted!

Comment

Doctor Who: Even More Special Offers!

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doct...special-offers

It's been a month of exciting new announcements across Big Finish's Doctor Who titles – and this week, we have special discounts in three chosen ranges to celebrate!

More details of our new range of Doctor Who: The New Series boxsets have continued to emerge, with new cast details of Doctor Who: Classic Doctors, New Monsters now online!

To celebrate, we've reduced the price of our 2013 anniversary mini-series Doctor Who: Destiny of the Doctor – eleven linked adventures starring the heroes of both the Classic and New Series. Each instalment can be bought for just £3 (plus relevant postage) on CD, or £1.99 on Download. You can also pick up the entire range in two special bundles at just £33 on CD (with free UK postage) or £18 to Download.

(Please note that all titles in the Doctor Who: Destiny of the Doctor range do not include complimentary downloads with CD purchases).

With the extension of the Doctor Who: Short Trips range through to the end of 2017, we have special offers on all four Short Trips CD sets - Volumes 1, 2, 3 and 4 each containing eight adventures starring the classic Doctors. The sets can be bought for just £5 each (plus relevant postage) on CD, £2.99 on Download or for £12 on CD/£10 on Download as part of a money-saving bundle.

We're also extending our special offer on Doctor Who: The Fifth Doctor Box-Set. This month we were delighted to learn that John Dorney's story Iterations of I had won the coveted Scribe Award for Best Audio at San Diego Comic Con. This four-part adventure make up half of this brilliant release and for all this week you can pick up this five-disc collection for just £25 on CD (plus relevant postage) or £20 on Download.

Those looking to pick up all our special offers in one go will find them included in a Super-Bundle priced at £70 on CD, £48 on download. Two separate bundles of the Destiny of the Doctors and Short Trips titles are also available at £45 on CD, £28 on download.

All of these special offers must end at Noon Monday 3rd August (UK time), so grab your copies today!

Comment

Blarg. More Short Trips, don't care...

Comment

Working...
                                X