Big Finish Audio Dramas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This s getting to be an expensive weekend
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I wonder if they are just doing the Virgin new adventures? I love Last of the Gaderene by Mark Gatiss but that's a BBC book.

Unfortunately I can't afford to buy anything this weekend, having just paid for MOT, car tax & insurance. Blast it.

Comment

I'm glad they're adapting the introduction to Roz & Chris. I hate having characters just appear (as will have been the case in Damaged Goods) without being properly introduced.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Doctor Who: The Fourth Doctor Adventures continue!

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doct...tures-continue

The Fourth Doctor will return in 2017 for a sixth series of audio adventures...
          Tom Baker will again be accompanied by Lalla Ward as his Time Lord companion Romana, in nine releases that are set in the early part of Season 18.

“Some of the stories are set between The Leisure Hive and Meglos,” says producer David Richardson, “and some between Meglos and Full Circle - with John Leeson returning as K9 in the second batch of tales. And yes - in a first for the range - the stories will also feature Peter Howell’s version of the theme!"

Details are under-wraps at this time; but you can expect old enemies, a visit to the unique planet Funderell and the return of the much-loved Victorian investigators Jago and Litefoot to the Fourth Doctor range.

Comment

I wonder if the first five seasons (and PHP) will ever cost less than an internal organ and a firstborn child?

Comment

Some more details about the Fourth Doctor Adventures.

Doctor Who - The Fourth Doctor Adventures: Series 5

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doct...tures-series-5

As revealed in this month's Doctor Who Magazine, the titles and some further details for series five of Fourth Doctor Adventures have been announced...

The Fourth Doctor, Romana and K9 return in 2016 for a full season of Doctor Who audio adventures from Big Finish. The eight releases will see the return of some old foes and friends, and include a stellar line-up of guest stars.

The Wave of Destruction by Justin Richards kicks off the run, as the travellers become involved with strange occurrences on a pirate radio station in the 1960s. Karl Theobald (Primeval, Twenty Twelve) plays disc jockey Mark Lanchaster.

In February’s The Labyrinth of Buda Castle by Eddie Robson, the Doctor and Romana decide to holiday in another exotic European city, but find that death is stalking the local population. Kate Bracken (Misfits, Being Human) guest stars as supernatural investigator Celia Soames.

March’s The Paradox Planet and April’s The Legacy of Death, both by Jonathan Morris, take us to the world of Aoris, where two different time zones have declared war on each other. And the Doctor and Romana are trapped on different sides… Simon Rouse (Doctor Who: Kinda) plays Drang, Tom Chadbon (Doctor Who: The City of Death, Del Grant in Blake’s 7) plays scientist Embery while Emma Campbell-Jones (Doctor Who: The Wedding of River Song and The Night of the Doctor) is his assistant Shola.

‘How brilliant to have Tom Chadbon back with his City of Death cast mates!’ says producer David Richardson. ‘And while it wasn’t a return for the detective Duggan, it was still a joy to watch them sitting together on the sofa, fondly reminiscing about their times filming in Paris back in 1979.’

The Gallery of Ghouls by Alan Barnes, released in May, finds the Doctor and Romana investigating a waxworks exhibition in Brighton in 1833. Celia Imrie (The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Doctor Who: The Bells of St John) plays Madame Tissot, while Nickolas Grace (Robin of Sherwood, Brideshead Revisited) is the waxworks manager Goole.

The cockney Time Lord Drax, whose only TV appearance was The Armageddon Factor in 1979, makes his comeback in June’s The Trouble With Drax by John Dorney. Ray Brooks (Big Deal, Mr Benn, Daleks’ Invasion Earth 2150 AD) takes on the role originally portrayed by Barry Jackson, while the cast also includes John Challis (Doctor Who: The Seeds of Doom, Only Fools and Horses, The Green Green Grass, and recently interviewed for the free Big Finish podcast Toby Hadoke's Who's Round #111) and Hugh Fraser (Agatha Christie’s Poirot).

‘We devised The Trouble With Drax for Barry,’ says producer David Richardson, ‘but sadly he passed away before the script was even completed. We searched hard for an actor to continue his legacy, and Ray Brooks was the ideal choice - so charming, so naughty… I think people will love the new incarnation of Drax when they hear him.’

The season ends on an epic story spread over two releases - The Pursuit of History in July, and Casualties of Time in August, both by Nicholas Briggs. David Warner makes his comeback as the mysterious Cuthbert, and his former assistant Mr Dorrick (Toby Hadoke) is back too. Both characters appeared in four releases during the second season of The Fourth Doctor Adventures.

‘I’d always intended to continue the story of Cuthbert and Dorrick and the mysterious Conglomerate,’ says Nick, ‘but when we lost dear Mary Tamm all plans for that storyline were put aside. However, with Lalla signing up to these stories I decided to return to some of my original ideas, melded them with some new thoughts, and the result is the huge season finale. It’s quite a ride!’

The guest cast also includes David Troughton (Doctor Who: Midnight and The Curse of Peladon) as the Black Guardian.

‘Could it be that the past is finally catching up with the Doctor and Romana?’ teases Nick...

The fifth series of Doctor Who - The Fourth Doctor Adventures can be Subscribed to today on CD or Download at a price that saves considerably on buying the stories individually. The next story in this range is Doctor Who - Death Match which comes out later in the month.

________

I'm really excited about the return of Drax. I did think about writing to Big Finish to see if there was any chance of his return. Let's hope they decide to do more stories with him rather than a one-off, as I think the continuing adventures of Drax would make a really fun addition to the Big Finish line-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post

Some more details about the Fourth Doctor Adventures.

Doctor Who - The Fourth Doctor Adventures: Series 5

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doct...tures-series-5

As revealed in this month's Doctor Who Magazine, the titles and some further details for series five of Fourth Doctor Adventures have been announced...

The Fourth Doctor, Romana and K9 return in 2016 for a full season of Doctor Who audio adventures from Big Finish. The eight releases will see the return of some old foes and friends, and include a stellar line-up of guest stars.

The Wave of Destruction by Justin Richards kicks off the run, as the travellers become involved with strange occurrences on a pirate radio station in the 1960s. Karl Theobald (Primeval, Twenty Twelve) plays disc jockey Mark Lanchaster.

In February’s The Labyrinth of Buda Castle by Eddie Robson, the Doctor and Romana decide to holiday in another exotic European city, but find that death is stalking the local population. Kate Bracken (Misfits, Being Human) guest stars as supernatural investigator Celia Soames.

March’s The Paradox Planet and April’s The Legacy of Death, both by Jonathan Morris, take us to the world of Aoris, where two different time zones have declared war on each other. And the Doctor and Romana are trapped on different sides… Simon Rouse (Doctor Who: Kinda) plays Drang, Tom Chadbon (Doctor Who: The City of Death, Del Grant in Blake’s 7) plays scientist Embery while Emma Campbell-Jones (Doctor Who: The Wedding of River Song and The Night of the Doctor) is his assistant Shola.

‘How brilliant to have Tom Chadbon back with his City of Death cast mates!’ says producer David Richardson. ‘And while it wasn’t a return for the detective Duggan, it was still a joy to watch them sitting together on the sofa, fondly reminiscing about their times filming in Paris back in 1979.’

The Gallery of Ghouls by Alan Barnes, released in May, finds the Doctor and Romana investigating a waxworks exhibition in Brighton in 1833. Celia Imrie (The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Doctor Who: The Bells of St John) plays Madame Tissot, while Nickolas Grace (Robin of Sherwood, Brideshead Revisited) is the waxworks manager Goole.

The cockney Time Lord Drax, whose only TV appearance was The Armageddon Factor in 1979, makes his comeback in June’s The Trouble With Drax by John Dorney. Ray Brooks (Big Deal, Mr Benn, Daleks’ Invasion Earth 2150 AD) takes on the role originally portrayed by Barry Jackson, while the cast also includes John Challis (Doctor Who: The Seeds of Doom, Only Fools and Horses, The Green Green Grass, and recently interviewed for the free Big Finish podcast Toby Hadoke's Who's Round #111) and Hugh Fraser (Agatha Christie’s Poirot).

‘We devised The Trouble With Drax for Barry,’ says producer David Richardson, ‘but sadly he passed away before the script was even completed. We searched hard for an actor to continue his legacy, and Ray Brooks was the ideal choice - so charming, so naughty… I think people will love the new incarnation of Drax when they hear him.’

The season ends on an epic story spread over two releases - The Pursuit of History in July, and Casualties of Time in August, both by Nicholas Briggs. David Warner makes his comeback as the mysterious Cuthbert, and his former assistant Mr Dorrick (Toby Hadoke) is back too. Both characters appeared in four releases during the second season of The Fourth Doctor Adventures.

‘I’d always intended to continue the story of Cuthbert and Dorrick and the mysterious Conglomerate,’ says Nick, ‘but when we lost dear Mary Tamm all plans for that storyline were put aside. However, with Lalla signing up to these stories I decided to return to some of my original ideas, melded them with some new thoughts, and the result is the huge season finale. It’s quite a ride!’

The guest cast also includes David Troughton (Doctor Who: Midnight and The Curse of Peladon) as the Black Guardian.

‘Could it be that the past is finally catching up with the Doctor and Romana?’ teases Nick...

The fifth series of Doctor Who - The Fourth Doctor Adventures can be Subscribed to today on CD or Download at a price that saves considerably on buying the stories individually. The next story in this range is Doctor Who - Death Match which comes out later in the month.

________

I'm really excited about the return of Drax. I did think about writing to Big Finish to see if there was any chance of his return. Let's hope they decide to do more stories with him rather than a one-off, as I think the continuing adventures of Drax would make a really fun addition to the Big Finish line-up.
                Absolutely agree with you on the return of Drax! A wonderful character played by a wonderful actor! His chemistry with Tom in The Armageddon Factor was a joy to watch and I look forward to Big Finish recapturing that!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Yup, I think they could have a lot of fun with Drax. A renegade Time Lord who's been to prison in Brixton and who's a bit morally ambiguous....? Oh yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                    Yup, I think they could have a lot of fun with Drax. A renegade Time Lord who's been to prison in Brixton and who's a bit morally ambiguous....? Oh yes.
                    Indeed. There's a lot they could do with Drax.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Peter Davison's Birthday - Doctor Who Special Offer

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/pete...-special-offer

On Monday it's the birthday of the Fifth Doctor himself, Peter Davison. To mark the event we've got a few Doctor Who special offers lined up...

Happy Birthday, Peter Davison!

Celebrating his birthday on Monday, Peter was one of the first three Doctor Who actors to agree to reprise the role for Big Finish, starting with Doctor Who - The Sirens of Time in 1999. Since then, the Fifth Doctor's travelled through our main range with a variety of companions, right up to date with last month's Doctor Who - The Entropy Plague.

To mark the birthday, we've put seven of the Fifth Doctor's stories from the Doctor Who main range down to a special offer price of £5 on CD or Download (plus relevant postage): Doctor Who - The Mind's Eye, Doctor Who - The Bride of Peladon, Doctor Who - The Haunting of Thomas Brewster, Doctor Who - The Boy That Time Forgot, Doctor Who - Time Reef, Doctor Who - The Demons of Red Lodge and Other Stories, and Doctor Who - 1001 Nights.

We're also moving the price back in time for the acclaimed Doctor Who - The Fifth Doctor Box Set to it's pre-release price of £25 on CD and £20 on Download.

When we last did a special offer in the main range, we had a lot of interest in our Doctor-specific selections. Therefore, we've set up the Doctor Who - The Fifth Doctor Collected range, which shows at a glance all the Fifth Doctor stories produced by Big Finish. We've also got eight specially-priced Bundles (with free postage for the UK) for Download and CD bringing together all the normally full-priced Fifth Doctor stories from the main Doctor Who range (please note that subscription extras do not apply to these collections). And lastly there's a reminder that all of the Fifth Doctor stories in the first fifty of our main range are available on Download at £2.99 each or in a Bundle that enables you to get them all in one go!

As ever, any CD purchase through the Big Finish website gives you instant access to a Download version of the story, so there's no excuse not to be listening to a new Fifth Doctor story on Monday, just in time to raise a glass to Peter Davison and wish him a happy birthday and many more!

This offer lasts until mid-day on Monday (UK time).

Comment

Oh lord, are they trying to bankrupt me?!

Comment

I frequently ask myself that...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

And me...

Prisoner Update

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/prisoner-update

With pre-production on Big Finish’s audio drama re-imagining of the The Prisoner continuing apace, we can now reveal the story line-up for the first box set...

Fans of the classic, 1967 TV series The Prisoner (in which a secret agent resigns and finds himself imprisoned in the bizarre ‘Village’) will notice something old and something new in the first four episodes.

‘The first story, Departure and Arrival gives a tiny bit more of a tantalizing glimpse into Number Six’s backstory,’ explains writer/director Nick Briggs. ‘But really only the tiniest of glimpses. Like the original series, this version of the The Prisoner is still very much crammed with mystery and misdirection.’

Two of the remaining three stories have titles that will be familiar to many. ‘The Schizoid Man and The Chimes of Big Ben are adaptations of the original TV episodes with those titles,’ continues Nick. ‘They are faithful to the themes of the originals, but they contain new twists and turns… and they fit into a new narrative arc that will, to varying degrees, flow through all the stories.’

The third story, Your Beautiful Village is an entirely new episode by Briggs. ‘The themes of this one are sense deprivation and the destruction of a personality. It’s an early, forceful challenge from the Village’s regime. An attempt to eliminate Number Six’s resistance completely… and it has very serious consequences for him.’

You can catch up with the latest ‘teaser’ details of these episodes of The Prisoner here.

The Prisoner is available for pre-order now and will be released in January 2016.

Comment

Big Finish have released a trailer for The Third Doctor Adventures with Tim Treloar as the Third Doctor.

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/po...-volume-1-1158

So what do we think?

I'm going to order it. I'm happy with that impersonation/impression. It's alike enough for me not to have any concerns about it.

Comment

Gotta give it a great big "meh," myself. Not just because of my anti-recast stance--I also don't think it sounds much like Pertwee.

Comment

Working...
                                X