No announcement yet.

Big Finish Audio Dramas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting...of the ones on that list I've heard, they aren't the ones I would have picked as my favourites.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Lynda Bellingham, voice of Inquisitor Darkel, has passed away.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yes, I saw this news on the News thread. Very sad. Such a shame she couldn't have one last Christmas as she wished.

Big Finish have an offer on this weekend

Doctor Who: The Mary Shelley Adventures Special Offer!

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doct...-special-offer

To celebrate Hallowe'en, and the release of Big Finish's production of the classic Frankenstein, we have a special offer for this weekend...

When in 1815 Mary Shelley and her companions near Lake Geneva invited each other to tell ghost stories, it would give birth to a monstrous creation that would shape the literature of Horror right up to the present day...

This Hallowe'en weekend, Big Finish are marking the release of their full-cast audio production of Shelley's novel - Frankenstein: The Modern Prometheus - by re-visiting the times that the Doctor has encountered Mary Shelley herself: Doctor Who: The Company of Friends, Doctor Who: The Silver Turk, Doctor Who: The Witch from the Well and Doctor Who: Army of Death.

All four titles are available at £5 each on Download or CD (plus relevant postage) or as a Bundle for £18 for all four.

This offer ends on the morning (UK time) of 3rd November.

Comment

BTW I'm just nearing the end of the second series of Gallifrey. Absolutely fantastic!

I would love Braxiatel to be in the TV show.

Comment

I used to have some Bernice Summerfield audio CDs but a friend borrowed them and then took them with her when she moved to the other end of the country.
            sigpic

Comment

That's annoying.

If you have an account with Big Finish & bought those CDs from them, then you should be able to download MP3 versions from their website.

Comment

Big Finish have a free ghost story for Halloween

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/...allowe-en-1150

Comment

Ha, I came here to post that too

Comment

Here's another offer

From Dark Water to Valhalla - A Saturday Doctor Who Special Offer!

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/valhalla-262

With hearts still racing from Missy's conversation with the Doctor, we travel back to 2007 for another Doctor Who appearance from the wonderful Michelle Gomez...

Doctor Who: Valhalla is the Big Finish Saturday offer for this week, celebrating the broadcast of this evening's Doctor Who episode Dark Water. Actress Michelle Gomez (Green Wing, The Book Group, Bad Education) played Dark Water's Missy, but it's not her first visit to the Doctor Who universe:

Welcome to Valhalla, Capital of Callisto, Jupiter's premier moon, where anything and everything is up for sale. But Valhalla isn't quite what it says in the brochures – not since Earth granted independence and cut off the supplies.

The former Doctor (FOR SALE. EXCELLENT CONDITION) visits the Job Centre and finds power cuts, barcoded citizens and monthly riots (ALL BOOKABLE.)

And then there's the problem with the termites…

Doctor Who: Valhalla is available at £2.99 on Download and £5 for CD (plus relevant postage) until the morning of 3rd November (UK time).

Comment

Doctor Who: The Third Doctor Boxed Set!

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/the-...ctor-boxed-set

As announced in this month's Doctor Who Magazine (DWM), next year sees Big Finish revisiting a hugely popular era of Doctor Who...

The era of the Third Doctor will live again in brand new narrated full cast stories from Big Finish Productions. Doctor Who: The Third Doctor Adventures reunites Katy Manning as Jo Grant and Richard Franklin as Mike Yates, while Tim Treloar narrates and provides the voice of the Doctor.

“One thing we’ve learned at Big Finish is how effectively we can recreate past eras of past Doctor Who, even if key members of the cast are very sadly no longer with us,” says producer David Richardson. “As with our Early Adventures, these stories will authentically recreate the world of the Third Doctor, while paying tribute to the brilliant incarnation created by Jon Pertwee. We don’t see this as recasting the Doctor - Tim is playing the narrator, who in turn performs the Doctor’s dialogue - but the effect is so convincing that Katy was constantly praising his work during the recording.”

“It’s so wonderful to have Jon back in my life,” Katy tells DWM. “Tim has actually managed to be the closest you will ever get to having Jon back on audio.”

“Tim actually auditioned for this a few years ago, without us ever realising it,” says executive producer and director Nicholas Briggs. “When we recorded Destination Nerva, the first of our Fourth Doctor stories, Tim played a British army office from the Victorian era. Both Tom Baker and I commented that we thought he sounded like Jon, and that led to my casting him as the Third Doctor in our anniversary story The Light at the End. And now he’s back in two wonderfully typical Third Doctor stories…

“Tim put days and days of work into this before the recording. We sent him DVDs of old episodes which he watched again and again, and he had clips on his phone at the recording - so during every break he’d play it back. He was so totally dedicated to getting it right. He’d analysed Jon’s performance to the last detail, noting every tick and vocal inflection, and that pays off in a superb performance.”

Doctor Who: The Third Doctor Adventures box set will contain Prisoners of the Lake, an Earth-bound UNIT story by Justin Richards, and The Havoc of Empires, an outer space tale by Andy Lane, and will be released in October 2015. It is available at a special pre-order price from today.

Comment

Big Finish have a couple of offers on this weekend.

You can download Part 1 of The Rani Elite for free - http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/...-download-1160

Unit Dominion is on offer at £20 - http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/...t-dominion-783

Comment

Personally, I really don't like the idea of recasting characters whose actors have passed away. To me it seems disrespectful; those characters should be retired.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            Personally, I really don't like the idea of recasting characters whose actors have passed away. To me it seems disrespectful; those characters should be retired.
                            Unless they're *cough cough* Time Lords/Ladies?
                            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              No I can't agree. If you didn't recast a part because the original actor had died, then you wouldn't be able to recast the likes of Superman, Dracula, Sherlock Holmes, Professor Dumbledore, Leonard McCoy, Scotty, anyone in Shakespeare etc, etc, etc.

I have no objections if a part is recast well. For example, I think that David Bradley would make an excellent first Doctor, and I would have no problem with Big Finish casting him in their plays.
                              Last edited by Blencathra; 17 November 2014, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Dark Eyes 3 is RELEASED!!

Comment

Working...
                                X