Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going Through Doctor Who (Spoilers all Eps aired on BBC/BBCA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also where did you see the episode? iTunes?

Comment

Eeyup.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I started watching last year with the 9th doctor as well. I'm current with everything in those 7 seasons, and I got to watch Night of the Doctor, Day of the Doctor, and Time of the Doctor when they premiered.

I agree with you about Paul McGann. I loved that movie as well, and thought he would have made a GREAT doctor, if not the best.

So far, my favorite is the 10th Doctor. Not sure why. Although I think Capaldi is going to be amazing. Waiting for the start of season 8 is going to be almost as bad as waiting for football season to start.

I'm kind of skipping through various seasons of the classic show. I just watched The 5 Doctors a couple days ago. I enjoyed that one too, and I agree about Tegan. She looked hot! One thing about the Brigadier, I agree with what you said about him, but it makes for good interaction between the doctor and him.

The only Doctors that I havent watched anything from are #6 and 7 (except for the little bit that 7 was in the movie.)

I am SOOOOO glad that they eventually made the Cybermen into something that looks more menacing and less like a bad Halloween costume. I think that if the Cybermen had appeared as they did early on, the new viewers (like both of us) may have dumped the series right then and there. lol

Here's a funny thing..I have a leather jacket almost identical to the one the 9th doctor wore. Nice to know I won't have to do anything if I ever go to a convention. Black pants, v necked green or red shirt, my jacket, and a small haircut, and shave. lol
        sigpic
        Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

I've made up a makeshift Eleventh Doctor costume, bow-tie and all! It doesn't really fit with my Tenth Doctor sonic screwdriver(or my light brown hair, for that matter), but I don't care.
          The old Cybermen looked goofy, but they were better done than the new ones(I think The Next Doctor ruined them for me.)
          Tegan pales compared to what I've now seen of Rose Tyler and Amy Pond.
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Ok. Thanks Rushy.

Comment

I am current with the new series except I missed two Christmas episodes. I agree 10 is my favorite but 11 grew on me.

Comment

Oh yeah. Amy Pond is a Godess. I was just agreeing with you about Tegan. lol
                sigpic

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Originally posted by Travelfun1017 View Post
                  I am current with the new series except I missed two Christmas episodes. I agree 10 is my favorite but 11 grew on me.
                  You gotta see them before series 8 starts. Its a must!
                  sigpic

Comment

Audio dramas just don't seem to be for me...
                    An Earthly Child is... well, honestly a disappointment. Dialogue alone can't make a proper Doctor Who episode. I need to see or at least get a description of what the characters(particularly the Doctor) are doing to get invested into it. But that's not the only flaw.
                    The story was very basic. An alien intelligence is trying to conquer the Earth by tricking the inhabitants into believing they're good. There's something about an evil United Earth, but they just drop it.

Paul McGann gives a decent enough performance as the Eighth Doctor, but he's the kind of actor you really have to see on-screen for the charisma to come across. It's his innocent face, the way he moves, the way he smiles, everything... I just didn't get that here. He has a few good lines and I liked how obsessed he became at the end with getting Susan to join him again, but I say again... he's not made for audio dramas. Give the poor guy a spin-off. You'd make a lot of money

Hearing Susan again would've been nostalgic had I not seen The Dalek Invasion Of Earth only a month ago. Still, it's good that she's really grown up. I was hoping she'd accept the Doctor's decision at the end, but now that she decided to stay... I'd actually like to know what happened to her.

Alex was unrelatable. No offense to Jake McGann, but I just didn't see anything of the Doctor in this character. And can humans and Gallifreyans even have children? I'd rather think he was non-canon.

A nice sentiment was the original 1963 theme, but next to a horrible rendition of the TARDIS noise...

Overall, it just sucked. Will I ever listen to an audio drama again? It's not out of the question I suppose. I've yet to see how the other Doctors handle themselves in audio-only and I'm too big a fan of the Master and the Daleks to stay away entirely. Still, for now I'm focusing entirely on getting Series 7 done.

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                      Audio dramas just don't seem to be for me...
                      An Earthly Child is... well, honestly a disappointment. Dialogue alone can't make a proper Doctor Who episode. I need to see or at least get a description of what the characters(particularly the Doctor) are doing to get invested into it. But that's not the only flaw.
                      The story was very basic. An alien intelligence is trying to conquer the Earth by tricking the inhabitants into believing they're good. There's something about an evil United Earth, but they just drop it.

Paul McGann gives a decent enough performance as the Eighth Doctor, but he's the kind of actor you really have to see on-screen for the charisma to come across. It's his innocent face, the way he moves, the way he smiles, everything... I just didn't get that here. He has a few good lines and I liked how obsessed he became at the end with getting Susan to join him again, but I say again... he's not made for audio dramas. Give the poor guy a spin-off. You'd make a lot of money

Hearing Susan again would've been nostalgic had I not seen The Dalek Invasion Of Earth only a month ago. Still, it's good that she's really grown up. I was hoping she'd accept the Doctor's decision at the end, but now that she decided to stay... I'd actually like to know what happened to her.

Alex was unrelatable. No offense to Jake McGann, but I just didn't see anything of the Doctor in this character. And can humans and Gallifreyans even have children? I'd rather think he was non-canon.

A nice sentiment was the original 1963 theme, but next to a horrible rendition of the TARDIS noise...

Overall, it just sucked. Will I ever listen to an audio drama again? It's not out of the question I suppose. I've yet to see how the other Doctors handle themselves in audio-only and I'm too big a fan of the Master and the Daleks to stay away entirely. Still, for now I'm focusing entirely on getting Series 7 done.
                      I'm sorry you didn't like that one, but it IS a sort of 'extra' that was done for subscribers. I implore you - try 'Terror Firma', it follows on from Remembrance of the Daleks.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post
                        You gotta see them before series 8 starts. Its a must!
                        I do. Especially The Snowman.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                          I'm sorry you didn't like that one, but it IS a sort of 'extra' that was done for subscribers. I implore you - try 'Terror Firma', it follows on from Remembrance of the Daleks.
                          I would, but I'm still at Hartnell with my watchthrough, man!

Comment

UPDATE: I've been going through the extras of my Attack Of The Cybermen DVD and watched the episode with full commentary. I've come to three conclusions.
                            1) Colin Baker is delightfully quirky.
                            2) The Cybermen are only famous because of their appereance in The Tenth Planet. While that might sound obvious, what I mean is that the only reason they continue to be brought back is that they were scary once. The Cybermen clips from that serial were freaky as hell.
                            3) I want the Sixth Doctor's coat. I want it bad.
                            Last edited by rushy; 08 February 2014, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                              UPDATE: I've been going through the extras of my Attack Of The Cybermen DVD and watched the episode with full commentary. I've come to two conclusions.
                              1) Colin Baker is delightfully quirky.
                              2) The Cybermen are only famous because of their appereance in The Tenth Planet. While that might sound obvious, what I mean is that the only reason they continue to be brought back is that they were scary once. The Cybermen clips from that serial were freaky as hell.

3) I want the Sixth Doctor's coat. I want it bad.
                              1) Yes, he does get a bad rep from people.... he's quite good actually.

2) Totally disagree. Tomb of the Cybermen was one of the finest Cyberman offerings ever. And Revenge of the Cybermen was great. I just think it was Fifth Doctor onwards they went down hill...

3) You're insane.

Although,

Great quotation from one of the DW audio dramas, the Doctor is assumed to be British Intelligence...

Woman: Is that why you're dressed like that?
                              Six: Yes. I'm undercover.... as an American.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                                1) Yes, he does get a bad rep from people.... he's quite good actually.

2) Totally disagree. Tomb of the Cybermen was one of the finest Cyberman offerings ever. And Revenge of the Cybermen was great. I just think it was Fifth Doctor onwards they went down hill...

3) You're insane.

Although,

Great quotation from one of the DW audio dramas, the Doctor is assumed to be British Intelligence...

Woman: Is that why you're dressed like that?
                                Six: Yes. I'm undercover.... as an American.
                                1) He's a really nice chap. I'm quite fond of the Sixth Doctor now, I think. He's not too bad.
                                2) I'm really, really looking forward to that serial. A fully moving Troughton story! If there's anything I'm scared of in the Troughton era, it's all the recons. It's fine when they're well restored and in a really decent story like Marco Polo and only show up like once every four-five stories, but from what I've heard... I can only hope Troughton's talent is enough to keep me following the story. By the way, is it true that the tombs in The Tomb Of The Cybermen look nothing like the tombs in Attack Of The Cybermen?
                                3) It's easily my favourite Doctor outfit. All those warm colors! The question marks only make it better. It's a really great outfit.
                                *sigh* If only Ninth could've met up with Sixth in some story...

Comment

Working...
                                X