This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Wish List

I've been mulling this over trying to decide what I would really like to see for the 50th Anniversary and I've come up with a little wish list.

I'd like to see as many previous Doctors as possible. So that's all the ones who are still alive. I'm not keen on having other actors play the parts of the First and Second Doctor though I just may be persuaded to accept Sean Pertwee as the Third Doctor. If I couldn't have all of them, then the ones I particularly want to see are Tom Baker and Paul McGann. Paul McGann because I'd love to see the Eighth Doctor in a proper TV story and Tom Baker because.. well... he's Tom Baker I'm sure the Genius that is Steven Moffat could come up with a reason why these Doctors are now looking so old.

I'd also like to see a few past companions, mainly the older ones though. I'm not interested in seeing any of the RTD companions pop up again, part from Captain Jack. I'd love to see a touching reunion between the Eleventh Doctor and Susan.

I'd also like to have a few tiny references to jelly babies, recorders, scarves and perhaps, just as a little photograph in the background, Frobisher. (My guilty indulgence) I'd love to see more of the TARDIS interior, particularly inside some of the other rooms, not just the corridors.

As for enemies, well I suppose the Daleks. I know they have been overused but you can't have the 50th without them. It would be like Star Trek without Klingons.

Another thing I'd like to see is the Eleventh or Tenth Doctor stranded in 1963 without the TARDIS and suddenly remembering that there is an abandoned car parked out a certain Junk Yard in Totter's Lane.

So those are my wishes. What are yours?

P.S I reserve the right to completely change my mind without warning.

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
    I'm sure the Genius that is Steven Moffat could come up with a reason why these Doctors are now looking so old.
    HE must be able to, since I've been able to come up with a plot that gets both multiple doctors and an explanation for variations. Sadly wouldn't get the companions though...

Comment

The 9th Doctor back and being critical of Ten and Eleven. Like One was of Two and Three. (Not like really harshly all in good fun, like)

Sadly its never going to happy. Eccleston's never coming back.
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

I got thinking last night which past companions/actors I would like to see in the 50th and made a list of my particular faves.

Susan Foreman - Carole Ann Ford
        Ian Chesterton - William Russell
        Jamie McCrimmon - Frazer Hines
        Zoe Heriot - Wendy Padbury
        Jo Grant - Katy Manning
        Sergeant Benton - John Levene
        Mike Yates - Richard Franklin
        Leela - Louise Jameson
        K9 - John Leeson
        Romana II - Lalla Ward
        Nyssa - Sarah Sutton
        Tegan Jovanka - Janet Fielding
        Vislor Turlough - Mark Strickson
        Peri Brown - Nicola Bryant
        Ace - Sophie Aldred
        Jack Harkness - John Barrowman
        Donna Noble - Catherine Tate
        Wilfred Mott - Bernard Cribbins

It was difficult not being able to list Elisabeth Sladen, Mary Tamm, Nicholas Courtney, Ian Marter & Caroline John. (Also Anthony Ainley, Roger Delgado and Philip Madoc.) Over the years I really hoped to see them again in Doctor Who but now sadly that isn't going to happen.

Companions I think shouldn't appear are Adric, Rose Tyler, Amy & Rory. I think bringing them back would deter from the poignancy of their "deaths".

Comment

I hope for 'The Dark Dimension' to finally make it onto screens, just using 11 to fill the roll of 7, and still relying heavily on 4!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I had a belter of an idea for a spin off earlier.

The wacky misadventures of three old guys, the semi-gormless but sensible one (Brian Williams/Norman Clegg), the slightly scruffy but loveable one in the woolly hat (Wilf Mott/Compo Simmonite), and the tall pompous one with vastly inflated opinion of himself and an ego the size of a small planet (Captain Jack Harkness/Foggy Dewhirst).

And it'll be called (wait for it) "Last of the Summer Time".

Any resemblance between Sylvia Noble and Nora Batty is purely coincidental...
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

The return of the Time Lords
              Romana II played by Lalla Ward
              Braxiatel played by Miles Richardson
              Ace played by Sophie Aldred, but having gone to the Time Lord academy
              Confirmation of the Cartmel Master plan
              Fenric
              Davros
              The Valeyard played by Michael Jaston
              Captain Jack
              Omega
              If possible war-TARDIS'

Comment

I would like to see some of the classic alien races make an appearance.
                The Ice Warriors for example.
                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                To thy own self... Be true
                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Working...
                X